It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is the future of the present.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Past time is a memory, and even in your memory you cannot know all past time but the one of your own reality unless some alknowing entity who created existence exists and tells you how things were.

The only way we live is forward. Nobody lives towards the past. There is only time in the future. The past is past time, lost time.

How much time is there left before time ends or before you die?

They say the stars are so far away that what we see of them on earth is actually an image of the stars in the past because it takes a while for the light of the stars to reach earth so what we perceive of them on earth is actually how they were in the past. It makes the stars less beautiful.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

They say the stars are so far away that what we see of them on earth is actually an image of the stars in the past because it takes a while for the light of the stars to reach earth so what we perceive of them on earth is actually how they were in the past. It makes the stars less beautiful.

Yeah, so they say. I don't buy it. Makes my son and brother crazy!!!

And if either ever read this, I've totally doxxed myself because I think I might be the only person in the whole world that doesn't believe it...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Time itself doesn't exist. It's an idea or concept that can be thought of or measured in any number of ways. No matter how you think of time, you're right. It's all subjective.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Today is yesterday's tomorrow..

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Yeah, so they say. I don't buy it. Makes my son and brother crazy!!!

And if either ever read this, I've totally doxxed myself because I think I might be the only person in the whole world that doesn't believe it...

And no one wants to be the family weirdo, huh.

How can you not believe it? You think that what you see is right now? or...

What about sound. How can you see something very far away, yet the sound happens moments later? Those damned illuminatis...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Can anyone tell me when tomorrow starts and today becomes yesterday?

I need to set my clock.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

And no one wants to be the family weirdo, huh.

Sometimes we don't have a choice. It just is what it is.

How can you not believe it? You think that what you see is right now? or...

What about sound. How can you see something very far away, yet the sound happens moments later? Those damned illuminatis...

Well, for starters, the sound waves actually need to reach me for me to hear it. If they don't, then I won't hear it. It still makes a sound, just not audible to my ears.

But in the case of light, the light doesn't have to actually reach my position -- i.e., illuminate my position -- for me to see it in the distance. I can be sitting on a hill miles away and see that light in the distance.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Past time is a memory, and even in your memory you cannot know all past time but the one of your own reality unless some alknowing entity who created existence exists and tells you how things were.

The only way we live is forward. Nobody lives towards the past. There is only time in the future. The past is past time, lost time.

There is only past and future. Now does not exist. Everything you think or say is gone, past. Weird but true. Do we even exist?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There is no "now." By the time you acknowledge its existence, it is history.

"But in the case of light, the light doesn't have to actually reach my position -- i.e., illuminate my position -- for me to see it in the distance."

Ah, but it does reach your position. The photons from the light source have to travel all the way to your retina for you to detect the point of light. You are not illuminated because the number of photons is of insufficient quantity to do so.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You're not alone.
Am also not a believer.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What it all of time exists, and always has existed?

Think of it this way, all of time exists in a circular timeline, from beginning to end, like the circle in a mechanical clock face with the beginning and end of time meeting at precisely midnight. Your consciousness is self aware now in this present and is inescapably bound to the forward only clockwise movement of the hour hand. The beginning and end is the beginning and end of this universe. The past, present and future all exist, everything that has ever happened or will ever happen in that circle, from the beginning of this universe to the end. You are able to perceive the forward only advance of time, and your time in that circle is unimaginably small in the circular timeline.

This circle of time could also exist in virtually infinite numbers, like a reflected image within mirrors facing each other, all have the same beginning and end, but different timelines.

It gets weirder from there.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mia reply to: gallop
It all happens at
0000 (0000 hours) .

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Can anyone tell me when tomorrow starts and today becomes yesterday? I need to set my clock.

The only thing you need to know is that it is ALWAYS "its now again".

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
Time itself doesn't exist. It's an idea or concept that can be thought of or measured in any number of ways. No matter how you think of time, you're right. It's all subjective.

Individual truths have never helped a single individual. Study a technical field instead of anime lore and accept time is real.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Time is the moment you realize nothing about the present is worth thinking about.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If you are depressed you are living in the past. 
If you are anxious you are living in the future. 
If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Lao Tzu

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

There is only past and future. Now does not exist. Everything you think or say is gone, past. Weird but true. Do we even exist?

Past and future are words.
Words appear now..... sound appears now..... colour appears now.

The issue is that the words that appear now are also disappearing now.

This is easiest to notice when watching thought or sensation.

Now cannot be spoken about so the mind divides now into before and after.... And the dream of separation begins.
edit on 13-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Time is the moment you realize nothing about the present is worth thinking about.

It is impossible to think or put into words what it actually present.
That is why thought is deceptive.... it cannot speak the truth....... thought speaks about what is NOT happening.

The truth is hidden in plain sight...... All seeing is ever present (even if it is full of thoughts speaking of other times).

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Tomorrow never starts!!

If it did the pub in town with the sign that says;
FREE DRINKS FOR EVERYONE TOMORROW
would go out of business!

It is always now...... no one has ever experienced time......
Now is appearing as movement......but it never actually goes anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join