It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If someone broke into your house and stole your kids I have zero problems with you chasing after them.

We are not talking possessions in this case, it's children, people.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think any parent would have gears of war curbed stomped that guy in that situation.

It is like coming home to find your daughter being raped. Most parents are going to beat the life out of the guy with no concern if he lives or dies. If he lives, ok, he goes to jail. If he doesn't, then o'well.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Read the story again. The suspect FLED THE CAR, leaving the children. You just can't beat an UNARMED thug to death because you're angry. That's the point.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The father and anyone else involved should be charged with murder. The correct course of action should have been to detain the thief until the cops arrive, not beat him to death.

For all you know the man fought back as they tried to detain him. Then it became self defence.

Besides I guarantee you in that area in a jury of 12 he won't get convicted for protecting his kids. I know I wouldn't convict him because I would do the same to the jacker, maybe worse.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Read the story again. The suspect FLED THE CAR, leaving the children. You just can't beat an UNARMED thug to death because you're angry. That's the point.

then he should not have stolen the car.

This is a perfect example of personal responsibility.

The thief was responsible for his actions.

And his actions had consequences.

Due process was not met, but justice was served regardless. If I was on that jury, I would not vote to convict the father or any of the participants.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Mob justice is the best deterrent.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Death penalty for theft? Are you serious?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Why not?

It's one hell of a deterrent for other would-be thieves.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I have no problem with that scenario, because an act of violence is CURRENTLY taking place and you're trying to save your daughter from further harm.

However, if the suspect flees after the act and you catch up to him and either shoot him, or beat him to death, you're going to be charged.

I mention this NOT to be an A-Hole, but because I'm a conceal carry holder and own many guns. I need to know the ramifications of using deadly force in certain situations. Even though I have a short temper, I need to understand the LAW and the CONSEQUENCES of my act, if I ever was involved in a bad situation.

link   
The time will come when supporting certain politicians or companies will be endangering someone's children and mob justice against that person will be warranted.

link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Once he put the children in danger I do not care he abandoned them. He only fled the car because he got stuck in traffic. According to the article when the father caught up the man fought him.

Zero sympathy, put kids lives in danger, get what you deserve.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Fleeing with kids in the car putting their lives in danger is not just theft, he kidnapped them. Kidnap my kids and you should die. End of story.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sharia rule, yeah! Just that we can top that, not just cut the hand of take the head! 'Merica!

link   
a reply to: carewemust

No...Mob justice would be the end of a civilized society.

link   
a reply to: Peeple

Don't kidnap children.

link   

Sharia rule, yeah! Just that we can top that, not just cut the hand of take the head! 'Merica!

No.

justice.

You take from me and mine, I hurt you.

If you don't take from me and mine, then I no hurt you.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Although it doesn't appear to apply in this case (I don't believe the car jacker had a gun) there is a federal law on the books that allows for life imprisonment or even the death penalty for carjacking.

Carjacking

Federal Anti-Car Theft Act of 1992

In 1992, Congress, in the aftermath of a spate of violent carjackings (including some in which the victims were murdered), passed the Federal Anti-Car Theft Act of 1992 (FACTA), the first federal carjacking law, making it a federal crime (punishable by 15 years to life imprisonment) to use a firearm to steal "through force or violence or intimidation" a motor vehicle that had been shipped through interstate commerce.The 1992 Act, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 2119, took effect on October 25, 1992.However, only a small number of federal prosecutions were imposed for carjacking the year after the act was enacted, in part because many federal carjacking cases were turned over to state prosecutions because they do not meet U.S. Department of Justice criteria.The Federal Death Penalty Act, part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, an omnibus crime bill, made sixty new federal crimes punishable by the federal death penalty; among these were the killing of a victim in the commission of carjacking.

Throughout 1993, articles about carjackings appeared at the rate of more than one a week in newspapers throughout the country.The November 29, 1992 killing of two Osceola County, Florida men by carjackers using a stolen 9 mm pistol resulted in the first federal prosecution of a fatal carjacking.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Nothing happened to them except that now they're probably traumatised by the murder they had to watch.
If your wife/you are dumb enough to let them sit in a running car you shouldn't have them.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

No justice would be if you get his car if it's the same value.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

i don't believe mobs execute the death penalty in these cases though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join