It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Exactly.

It just goes to show that no one is immune from humanity's moral failings.

Giving in to the satisfaction of vigilante justice represents another step on the road to chaos. We're playing right in to it.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

When it's your kids in the car, the last thing you're thinking of is a carjacking.
Kidnapping. Child trafficking. Pedophilia come to mind. So, while I apologize for not being more comfortable with my kids being taken for a non consensual ride in my vehicle with a stranger, of whose intent I have ZERO CLUE, you can damn well bet that a life long, (albeit short) lesson will be taught as long I can be teacher. I come from a family of hardened men. Military, criminals, killers all.
I can't help what's in the blood, especially when it's being threatened.
Sorry that I'm not sorry.

edit on 12Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:02:27 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoFridayb20197America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Can the mob also get a person if they honestly think the wrong person is the perp? It's an honest mistake, they looked alike.

So this guys twin has an optical illusion take place where it looks like he comes out of the car?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Equating an accident to an intentional act? How disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I never said that. He left the car he didn't harm them. Try to stick to what happened and what I said.
You always do that, make wild accusations someone said something they just didn't.

He only left the car because he was unable to speed away he got stuck in some traffic. Fact, he stole kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The mob rampages you speak of destroy everything in their path. This was targeted, and was not even a mob.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
One other thing. The kidnapper didn't just flee the vehicle. He was pulled out of the vehicle after he was chased down.

Exactly, because he got stuck in traffic. His goal was to flee with the kids in the car. IMO that crime should be a death penalty case.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 12-7-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone

When it's your kids in the car, the last thing you're thinking of is a carjacking.
Kidnapping. Child trafficking. Pedophilia come to mind. So, while I apologize for not being more comfortable with my kids being taken for a non consensual ride in my vehicle with a stranger, of whose intent I have ZERO CLUE, you can damn well bet that a life long, (albeit short) lesson will be taught as long I can be teacher. I come from a family of hardened men. Military, criminals, killers all.
I can't help what's in the blood, especially when it's being threatened.
Sorry that I'm not sorry.

A hardened military man who lashes out is a savage. A hardened man who thinks first and can control his emotions is strong, wise, and balanced.

I no doubt would be angry too. But once the guy is caught and has been thumped a few times, then it is time to be a grownup and lead by example. I forgot who quoted this, but something to the effect of, "You can tell how civil a country is by how it treats it's criminals"
edit on 12-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

ETA: I also find it funny how people would kill the guy after the fact, when their kids are now safe, not thinking about who is going to protect them, especially raising them in the teen years, while your in prison? Der?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

A man who lets his childrens kidnaper go isn't a man.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

A man who lets his childrens kidnaper go isn't a man.

Critical thinking strikes again on ATS.. I never said let anyone go. I said do not mob murder in the streets. Beat him up a bit and hold him, sure.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The guy died in the hospital, not the street.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Exactly.

It just goes to show that no one is immune from humanity's moral failings.

Giving in to the satisfaction of vigilante justice represents another step on the road to chaos. We're playing right in to it.

Preceding steps on the road to chaos were:

1). setting up a “justice system” where, if the perp were held for the police, it would take the cops 35 minutes to get there, and they’d arrest the “mob” for depriving the perp of his civil rights.

2). Then the DA’s assistant would have him arraigned on the least penalty (theft of vehicle) before releasing him on a “peace bond” with no money down.

3). Then his court appointed lawyer would defer the case for the maximum 18 months until an overworked DA lets the kid off with an “adjudicated sentence,” meaning the case is left in limbo for 3 years, hoping the kid isn’t arrested later, and the whole case gets washed off his record.

4). The DA’s budget is probably exhausted this far into the fiscal year; and since it would cost the district probably a quarter of a million to take a case to trial, it will save its money for injury/death felonies, and just toss the whole file. Happens every day.

In sum, This was the most justice the family would ever receive. Slowing the perp down a little in his race to find his own personal low.

Or, they could beat him ag assault-style. The fact is, the kidnapper died LATER, so you cannot pin murder on the dad and passers-by.

So go ahead and charge them with aggravated assault; they’ll be out on bond, and their cases will probably be “adjudicated” because the DA cannot afford psych Evals for every defendant at $2500 apiece, just to get them put in jail for 3 months, costing the district $1,000/day for each defendant

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Equating an accident to an intentional act? How disingenuous.

People are talking of payback for harming their family or property earlier, not just this incident.

So this guys twin has an optical illusion take place where it looks like he comes out of the car

You know what that meant, in some mob situation. People are bad at IDing people after the fact.

If it is only about this incident then people using their family feelings does not matter either since it wasn't them.

I am all for mob rule. Saves on jail space and taxes.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
No jury would convict him for acting in the defence of his own children. The kids lives where in danger. If you endanger the lives of others with reckless and criminal actions your risking your own life too.
Odds are they will have a hard time determining who of the mob actually killed him anyway, pretty sure the dad will walk. As he should.

a reply to: midicon

But the kids were safe at that point, the guy left the car, was chased down on foot. The mob exacted revenge of sorts.
I understand it, not sure I can condone it.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I can only discuss this incident, not a made up one. In this incident, I have no problems with the justice meted out.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He was pulled out. If you don't want to die, don't kidnap kids. If you do kidnap kids, you should die.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I hope they jail that monster for life.. Killing a carjacker just because you were stupid enough to leave your kids in the car. They deserve better parrents that those murderers.
edit on 12-7-2019 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Good. One more deadbeat oxygen thief and burden out of the way.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Also, lately this site is full with trolls. All people here defending the murder are trolls. There is no other explanation. The site has really gone down the drains :/

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join