It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Mobs rampaging through town destroying property, yes. A few people racing to save kids from possible death at the hands of a criminal who cares more about stealing than they do the lives they endanger, and who seemingly do nothing to anyone else are not the problem. I would even say this does not qualify as meeting the criteria to be called a mob.

That's exactly my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Also bears, the kids driving off into the next tree... there are plenty of problems with leaving 3 kids in a running car.
Utter crap indeed.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The kid in the running car puts it in gear. It kills a man's wife on the street. He and a mob kill the mother. OK, right? justice served.

Just what are the rules for mob justice?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Also bears, the kids driving off into the next tree... there are plenty of problems with leaving 3 kids in a running car.
Utter crap indeed.

So your agrument is that because the kids might have driven into a tree, it's the mothers fault that a kidnapper jumped into the car and sped off.
Do you even think about what you write?? - because it actually IS utter crap

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No one in their right mind would feel badly for a father who beat a criminal to death, who was in the process of assaulting his kids.

That's NOT what happened in this situation.

The guy fled the scene and the kids ended up safe.

You don't kill the perpetrator because your kids were terrified, or hurt, BECAUSE WE HAVE LAWS.

What part of that ideology don't you understand?

Do we allow gun owners to chase criminals out of their homes and execute them on a neighborhood street?

Do we allow someone to turn a criminal into a vegetable, because he stole their iphone?

Do we allow a parent to hang a thug on their property for peeping into their daughter's window?

I personally don't feel bad for this carjacker and I hope the parents and mob aren't charged, but that doesn't mean their actions are justified in a country with LAWS.

Should we do a better job with our justice system? ABSOLUTELY. We need MORE prisons and HARSHER sentences. I'm sick of these thugs getting a slap on the wrist and then paroled, only to get into trouble again.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I don't see a difference.

Right now we exist in a country (US centric opinion coming) and the leftists here are trying to delegitimize our institutions and codified laws in favor of mob justice.

There is no difference between this and what they do. Except someone just got beaten to death when he could have been held for police.

This isnt good. No spin on this will make it good.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The kid in the running car puts it in gear. It kills a man's wife on the street. He and a mob kill the mother. OK, right? justice served.

Just what are the rules for mob justice?

Did that happen? No, it didn't.
Even in your stupid hypothetical, the mother would not have made a conscious decision to hurt another family.
What you've described is an accident, not a scumbag carjacking and kidnapping a family's kids.

edit on 12/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The kids ended up safe?
What do you actually think those kids went through? - they are probably scarred for life.

Seems to me that a certain ideology cares not one jot about kids and are more interested in protecting scumbags. Ah, progressivism. You can smell it a mile off, it stinks so bad.

To answer your questions:

Do we allow gun owners to chase criminals out of their homes and execute them on a neighborhood street?
yes.

Do we allow someone to turn a criminal into a vegetable, because he stole their iphone?
yes.

Do we allow a parent to hang a thug on their property for peeping into their daughter's window?
yes

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I'd draw the line when kids are involved.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Accident, so. What I have seen in the thread is that you harm me or mine, too bad, death is OK.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's not good.

It's not smart.

It's not "civilized".

It's barbaric, as someone stated.

But I still think it was right.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I don't see a difference.

Right now we exist in a country (US centric opinion coming) and the leftists here are trying to delegitimize our institutions and codified laws in favor of mob justice.

There is no difference between this and what they do. Except someone just got beaten to death when he could have been held for police.

This isnt good. No spin on this will make it good.

Sometimes criminals create situations that won't end well for themselves.

I am not for mob justice. I don't believe in vigilantism (mostly).

By carjacking a car with kids, he heightens the situation to a point that I think most parents don't ever want to be at emotionally. The kids to me change everything about the scenario and why I said don't have any sympathy or think the "rules" don't apply. I wouldn't' convict if I were on a jury.

I don't think this is the same as "shooting someone in the back" who is running away.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Accident, so. What I have seen in the thread is that you harm me or mine, too bad, death is OK.

No, you purposely harm my kids and you're dead, so think hard, punk. That is the message.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Justified killing IMO.

Considering the guy died at the hospital if it was me he would have been dead in the street. There would be no need for an ambulance they would need to skip straight to the coroner.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Right now we exist in a country (US centric opinion coming) and the leftists here are trying to delegitimize our institutions and codified laws in favor of mob justice

There is a huge difference. The mob you're trying to equate this mob with is driven by political means, while the other just went into a psychotic rage trying to defend their kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Who says people don't care about kids? The issue I raise is about following our laws, so stop changing the subject.

Since you said "yes" to the above scenarios I raised, you obviously care little about laws, consequences and your freedom, because you will end up in jail for a very long time.

No responsible gun owner will shoot and execute a criminal on a neighborhood street, who fled their home. Why? Because the majority of them, including me, want to remain OUT OF JAIL to see their kids grow up.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One other thing. The kidnapper didn't just flee the vehicle. He was pulled out of the vehicle after he was chased down.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If those were my children, and all was the same, I probably would've killed him myself.
With my own hands.
Wouldn't have made me right in the eyes of some.
But I'm good with that.
Don't touch what isn't yours is one thing.
Don't endanger the lives of my kids is another.

I don't support mob justice, as that sets a dangerous precedent and we supposedly live in a country with laws.
I'm typically not an emotional person and strive to be fair, logical, and rational at all times.
But this situation is different.
Those are MY CHILDREN.
The perp should consider the risks before taking them. Plain as that. Actions have consequences.
Sometimes, unintended ones.
Fine line to straddle IMO.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Who says people don't care about kids? The issue I raise is about following our laws, so stop changing the subject.

Since you said "yes" to the above scenarios I raised, you obviously care little about laws, consequences and your freedom, because you will end up in jail for a very long time.

No responsible gun owner will shoot and execute a criminal on a neighborhood street, who fled their home. Why? Because the majority of them, including me, want to remain OUT OF JAIL to see their kids grow up.

Change the law then.
You seem to be saying that your reasoning for not killing these criminals is that you might be punished.
Protecting family and property should come with the right to kill your aggressors in my view.
If it did, the world would be massively improved overnight.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Seems most people on here would prefer the U.S. to be like Brazil and Haiti.. No worries, the way we are headed, it wont be long.

Steal in the middle east, hand cut off = SAVAGES AHHH!!!!

Steal in the U.S. and get beat to death = Murica! Land of the critical thinking hypocrites! :p
edit on 12-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join