It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Two things that should be learned here. One: I don't care what area of a city, or suburb you're in, don't leave your kids in an unlocked, running car...even for a brief minute. Two: if you're a criminal, looking for a quick score, don't carjack a person's car with their children inside.

A carjacker and a young couple found out the hard way, that poor choices can result in a bad situation. Last night in North Philadelphia, a mother visited her boyfriend working at a pizza shop, with their three young children left inside her running car. A carjacker decided to steal the car, but got caught up in traffic and fled, which allowed the father to catch him after a brief foot chief. That's when the suspect got a dose of vigilante/mob justice, when the father and other neighborhood men beat and kicked the suspect, who later died at a hospital.

Police stated that the assault was captured by a surveillance camera and that the children (all under 5 years of age) were unharmed. As of today, no charges have yet to be filed, but the District Attorney will later make that decision.

Police say a man killed a suspect who carjacked his girlfriend outside of a North Philadelphia pizza shop Thursday night. The couple’s three young children were inside the stolen vehicle.

Police say the 25-year-old woman left her car running with three children inside when she went into the pizza shop, where her 25-year-old boyfriend works. That’s when the 54-year-old suspect got in the vehicle.

The suspect died from his injuries, including severe head trauma, at Temple University Hospital.

Local Article And News Clip: LINK

The mother and father were taken in for questioning and police say they're cooperating. Authorities have not said if charges will be filed, a decision the District Attorney’s Office will make.

LINK

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Bad move messing with someone's property and children. I hope no charges are filed as an example to deter other thieves from making the same mistake.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Bad move messing with someone's property and children. I hope no charges are filed as an example to deter other thieves from making the same mistake.

I couldn’t agree more!

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
# happens.

If the man would have never set that series of events into motion, by deciding to commit the crime, he would be fine.

He should be charged with his own murder.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The father and anyone else involved should be charged with murder. The correct course of action should have been to detain the thief until the cops arrive, not beat him to death.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Depending on where this happened that man is going to jail. Philly I am not so sure about. In my America justice has been served and nothing further is done.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Mobs are a huge problem in this country right now.

Cheering it on is cheering on the breakdown of law and justice in society.

This isnt good news. It's a herald of worse things to come.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

He got exactly what he deserved. Anyone who has such little regard for human life should be sent on from this world.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In nature, never mess with the cubs. Lesson learned.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He got exactly what he deserved. Anyone who has such little regard for human life should be sent on from this world.

What he deserved was to end up in court with relevant charges.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The father and anyone else involved should be charged with murder. The correct course of action should have been to detain the thief until the cops arrive, not beat him to death.

This.

You can bet your ass charges will be filed for manslaughter at the least.

link   
It's entirely possible that the mother could face neglect charges for leaving the children unattended in the vehicle.

I know someone who was in a similar circumstance other than the car jacking. They were arrested and charged but the grand jury no billed the charges and so they were released but the charges follow them to this day even though the case was not pursued.

The incident took place more than 15 years ago.
edit on 12-7-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Than not then

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Mobs are a huge problem in this country right now.

Cheering it on is cheering on the breakdown of law and justice in society.

This isnt good news. It's a herald of worse things to come.

Mobs rampaging through town destroying property, yes. A few people racing to save kids from possible death at the hands of a criminal who cares more about stealing than they do the lives they endanger, and who seemingly do nothing to anyone else are not the problem. I would even say this does not qualify as meeting the criteria to be called a mob.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Sorry, steal kids and flee you get zero sympathy. Had this been a simple car jacking I would agree. This man got exactly what he deserved.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Can't have people taking the law into their own hands and extracting vigilante justice. Where would one draw the line?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Justice was served.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Can't have people taking the law into their own hands and extracting vigilante justice. Where would one draw the line?

When they do it they take the risk associated. If you attack someone and it turns out to be the wrong person you end up with a murder charge. If someone breaks into my house I can put them in their grave no questions asked.

I can't go out and find them after the fact to do it, just like this man could not have tried to find out who this guy is and a week later paid him a visit.

As this all took place in real time during the crime, I have zero problems with the outcome.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I understand what you're saying and I certainly don't feel bad about the outcome. However, Like the other poster stated, the father and mob could've smacked him around a bit, while DETAINING him for the police, so that they could make an arrest.

Following the LAW applies to legal gun owners too, like myself. If someone broke into my home and assaulted my wife and kids with a bat, then decided to flee, I can't chase the person down and shoot him outside my home, even if I wanted to. Sure, the rage inside me would make me want to pull the trigger, but then I'd be guilty of either assault with a deadly weapon, or murder. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sorry, steal kids and flee you get zero sympathy. Had this been a simple car jacking I would agree. This man got exactly what he deserved.

That's how I feel about it... kids in the car CHANGES EVERYTHING. Screw that guy... he got what he deserved and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over that dirtbag.

However, societal norms don't want to encourage vigilante justice though.

We had a case here in Chicago maybe 10 years ago where some drunk driver hit some kids playing outside and the parents/neighborhood pulled him out the car and beat him to death.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
No jury would convict him for acting in the defence of his own children. The kids lives where in danger. If you endanger the lives of others with reckless and criminal actions your risking your own life too.
Odds are they will have a hard time determining who of the mob actually killed him anyway, pretty sure the dad will walk. As he should.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join