It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Documentary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Vhedza

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Gothmog

You trusted Sitchin?

I think Sitchin is important not because his argument is correct, but he gave people a new way of interpreting History that we should investigate in line with everything else as part of the quest for our origins.

What he gave you is a litany of his own lies that convinced you that more investigation was needed because of the fake "evidence" he told you about.

Sitchin is not important. Sitchin has no value whatsoever.

Harte

Well he did have a certain comedy value.....just sayin'

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: Harte

yeah ... but they don't have 42 miljon stars...

My star count is the result of a glitch.
I actually have 420 million.

Harte

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vhedza

Not trying to pee on your thread but I like the AA show.

Do I believe every hypotheses presented in every episode? No way. But...

- I get to "travel" to places around the world and "see" historical things. I will never get to Puma Punko in real life so this will have to do.

- Georgio is a pretty cool dude
Love the hair.

- There are some gaps, to say the least, in mainstream academic interpretations of historical events. Not their fault, it's really difficult gathering data for something that happened 1000'a of years ago.

- While aliens might be a lower probability than humans doing what humans do albeit for a much longer time than what we can prove at the moment, totally discounting it is as bad a totally accepting it lock, stock, and barrel.

- At the very least it gets people thinking history, archaeology, paleontology, geology, etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So basically it' s a show about debunking a show.

AAT is still very valid.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
AAT is still very valid.

AAT has no value. It is based on lies and ignorant speculation. it is just an excuse.
When somebody with a background clears up those misinterpretations and, well, lies, this is being ignored.
This shows the real nature again. lies. commercial value.
The more often this is being debunked, the more stubborn and ignorant the AA theorists answer.

It is not about the archeological subject, it is about an idea.

But there are no aliens. let alone ancient.
show us just one.
and please NO hearsay or foggy photos coming from any secret service or military personel)

AAT
The path of logical validation would rather be
- evidence for real aliens
- evidence for real ancient aliens
- clear evidence of them in architecture and culture
and here, please NO arts or religious depictions of angels and the other ancient celestial hierarchy.
THESE things DO have history.

have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Now that makes complete sense and packs some intelligence behind the searching. Fair...very fair.

I wish I had answers, both for you and myself. I love starting at Sumer and trying to work backwards. Were they the first civilization that popped up out of nowhere, possibly the 1st after the deluge? What was our history before 10,000+ BC? Was there possibly an Atlantean civilization before that that was pre diluvian?

I was never much of an alien type, but the more I research, the more it seems plausible. Evolution shaping us into what we are today seems like it is becoming more and more implausible. I am agnostic so intelligent design from a spiritual being called god is out of the picture, but intelligent design from 'those who descended from on high' makes perfect sense: Our chromosome count compared to other mammals. How many genetic defects we have. The curios fact that we are ill suited for this planet. That we were created in their image is an interesting road to travel. It also ties into a lot of ancient literature that scientists and theologians tend to write off as fantasy. What if it is not?

There are a lot of things that are starting to click into place. But trying to stitch together the overall picture with time frames is very daunting.

But good luck to you and please share with us what you discover.

Peace.

I was also reluctant to accept the Alien hypothesis but it just can't be shrugged off...Will keep sharing for sure.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Not trying to pee on your thread but I like the AA show.

Do I believe every hypotheses presented in every episode? No way. But...

- I get to "travel" to places around the world and "see" historical things. I will never get to Puma Punko in real life so this will have to do.

- Georgio is a pretty cool dude
Love the hair.

- There are some gaps, to say the least, in mainstream academic interpretations of historical events. Not their fault, it's really difficult gathering data for something that happened 1000'a of years ago.

- While aliens might be a lower probability than humans doing what humans do albeit for a much longer time than what we can prove at the moment, totally discounting it is as bad a totally accepting it lock, stock, and barrel.

- At the very least it gets people thinking history, archaeology, paleontology, geology, etc.

I agree and I think it's relevant...It just shouldn't be taken at face value because the subject is a lot more complex than the show would suggest.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Just to add: Sumer's government is the earliest one we have written records for. There is no reason to assume that other societies didn't have similar systems.

Could be they just lacked writing so we don't know anything about their methods.

That is to say, I see nothing remarkable in the complexity of the Sumerians.

Harte

Valid point to the extent that the Sumerians are the oldest based on written records found so far...I think finding an even older Civilization than the Sumerians would raise even more questions though.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Just to add: Sumer's government is the earliest one we have written records for. There is no reason to assume that other societies didn't have similar systems.

Could be they just lacked writing so we don't know anything about their methods.

Harte

Valid point to the extent that the Sumerians are the oldest based on written records found so far...I think finding an even older Civilization than the Sumerians would raise even more questions though.

There are questions raised by every archaeological find.

"Civilization" is just a classification.
We know that agriculture began over 12,000 years ago, and people were making pottery about twice that far back, so I don't see how finding another culture that could be classified as a civilization would raise any eyebrows.

Harte

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: anti72

not talking show here , (didn't I say that)

AAT= ancient alien Theory

You understand what a theory is right ?A theory is a contemplative and rational type of abstract or generalizing thinking, or the results of such thinking. Depending on the context, the results might, for example, include generalized explanations of how nature works. The word has its roots in ancient Greek, but in modern use it has taken on several related meanings.

Show however maybe full of lies. So Just takes one shily show to conclude all AAT is crap. 5 biljon year and no visit , I beg to differ... Ancient can be very ancient , nothing to do with show. However if people fixate on show only nothing will ever be investigated. Seen these threads a thousand times skep come in onesided with very little to contribute. on the other hand believer tend to exaggerate.

I assume that if there were really Ancient aliens 'footprints' the collective of humanity is either too stupid to find or information is being Surpressed and Obfusticated leaving the public with shows that are full of mis/dis info.

...and Then treads like these emerge once in a while and nothing changes.

you can deny every evidence you want... idk

have a nice saturnalia.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Stories of humanoid appearing beings with not human capabilities and features.

Or people dreaming / fantasizing about slipping from the confines of their physical bodies. No extraterrestrials needed to dream.

Would you like to cite what “ET” contact inspired Superman, Wonder Woman, Micky Mouse, Inspector Gadget, King Arthur...........

What do you not get some things are just pure fiction? Or the propaganda of ancient kings?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Seen these threads a thousand times skep come in onesided with very little to contribute.

A “theory” built on Sitchin‘s lies is a lie.

Do you have credible evidence of alien visitation? Or do you have no truth to contribute? Just fabricated mythology from lies, falsehoods, and misinterpretation?

I don’t think anyone here is saying alien visitation is out of the question. By if the case is so strong why would individuals like Sitchin use right out falsehoods? Because they create a media product for a target audience with no decrement for truth. And they personally gain from right out falsehoods.
edit on 9-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added last sentence.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Salander

Sure I never said anyone should not discuss something, but you should look into it further than just accepting whatever someone is selling, dontcha think?

Yes, absolutely. I practice that all the time, considering the source of information.

Taking the statements of known liars at face value is foolish.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Harte

We know that agriculture began over 12,000 years ago, and people were making pottery about twice that far back, so I don't see how finding another culture that could be classified as a civilization would raise any eyebrows.

Harte

Well an explanation for Gobleki Tepe doesnt exist as yet...So i would think if we were to find something older than Gobleki Tepe it would add more unanswered questions to the ones we already have.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Harte

Harte

Well an explanation for Gobleki Tepe doesnt exist as yet...So i would think if we were to find something older than Gobleki Tepe it would add more unanswered questions to the ones we already have.

What do you mean by the above? What "explanation" are you looking for?

Nothing at Gobekli Tepe is anomalous.

Harte

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Harte

Harte

What do you mean by the above? What "explanation" are you looking for?

Nothing at Gobekli Tepe is anomalous.

Harte

is it only one site or are there more than one site?

if money is the factor what is organized religion

people used to think the world was flat, they also thought you would fall off the edge.

we also thought the earth was the center of the universe.

what caused dogs to be domesticated?

what we know today is not what we will know tomorrow.

to say it's all rubbish is to be close minded, how many of the pyramids in south america have been explored VS how many there are in total?

How many things in the sand of egypt have been found by sattelite?

as tech advances so does the ability to understand.

I'm not saying AAT is correct, no more than the bible is correct, it's a "method" of understanding.

I do not accept a "supreme being" in some other dimension made us in 7 days

I do not say I am absolutely correct either.

it's "possible" we were created by something.

it's possible we evolved, both are theories that compete with each other.

is it possible Khufu was not the builder of the great pyramid?

is it possible it was not built in 20 years?

is it possible the sphynx is older than the egyptian dynasties?

is it possible an someone painted hieroglyphs on the great pyramid?

see, none of it is "absolute"

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I never said ET, I used alien because it means strange and that's exactly what it is: a strange intelligence. Like in the conclusion of the COMETA report.
There's a clear distinction between fiction and report of a personal experience. I'm more interested in shamans than kings. Druids, priestesses and priests, average people...
Sure you can tell yourself everybody lies but I have first hand experiences and know they're not. Be patient at some point everybody has an encounter in their life, that's why I really don't give a flying # if you believe. Just wait a little and you'll get to know too.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I didn’t say everyone lies. I stated specific lies. In fact. Quote where I invoked “lies” in my reply to you.

Please cite verified fact to get to the truth you are proclaiming. And what are you proclaiming. Especially to an individual that acknowledges spirituality, and knows seeing the universe only through physics is like defining a painting only by measurable wavelengths of light.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Not the show Not stichin just a Theory. A theory doesn't lie it just states a logical construct nothing more. It's just a fact that Alien ancient alien visitation can be plausible. Even if there isn't any proof of evidence. it's still a theory worth to investigate. Even if crappy shows obfustigate the discussion regarding that theory.

Why exactly do you react ? I mean it's ats right ? discussion over endless posibilities. openmindedness ? Instead I get the standard response

Do you have credible evidence of alien visitation? Or do you have no truth to contribute? Just fabricated mythology from lies, falsehoods, and misinterpretation?

do you cut paste that often ?

Think man , i'm not saying AAT is right but it is an posibility. Your closemindedness is epic. Did I talk about stichin , has stichin copyright on AAT ? I don't think so AAT is just a theory nothing more , can be wrong or right. But whatever it may be it can be researched ! that's the whole point I'm making here. Then bringing Stitchin in the mix ? Why exactly ? Again it's a Theory! Get the concept , get what I'm saying ? Why can't a skep consider the posibility of aaT (again the Theory) without connecting in to a single person....

Now I'm repeating myself

Seen these threads a thousand times skep come in onesided with very little to contribute.

utterly useless... history repeats itself here a thousand times...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Why exactly do you react ? I mean it's ats right?

If a charlatan is pushing known falsehoods, why wouldn’t you react.

I would like something like Ufology to be respected. Because as a movement it harbors known liars and charlatans, its a laughingstock.

Ufology is not being respected because of its believe life is out their. It’s looked down upon because charlatans milk the UFO movement for a living while pushing right out fraud.

Why wouldn’t any movement be well cited, transparent, want its credibility tested, and not take great measures to maintain its credibility.

edit on 9-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join