It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Documentary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ancient aliens? You mean like stone age meteorites that taught men that steel could be melted out of rocks and turned into weapons?

Or ancient craters made by "aliens" to provide drinking ponds to the loyal worshippers and dust clouds to their enemies?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Peeple

And I theorize people are creative on their own.

That's not a theory.
That's an observed fact.
Real data, in other words.

Harte

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

That's not a theory.
That's an observed fact.

Harte

What’s real data. Like to cite a source and example!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That's not a theory.
That's an observed fact.

Harte

Sure.
How about Leonardo Da Vinci?
Creative enough on his own?

Every tried to read "Finnegan's Wake?"

Tell me about the Jabberwock.

All examples (citations) of humans being creative on their own.

Harte

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I think I once managed a few paragraphs before my head started to hurt ...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That's not a theory.
That's an observed fact.

Harte

Sure.

Harte

I agree.

My reply was to this post...

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: neutronflux

I already answered to that.

The phenomenon is taking place inside our dimension but it's bigger, parallel and we only perceive it's shadows resonating Inside our consciousness.

This is full context of my reply...

And I theorize people are creative on their own. With there being no real proof people are influenced on a telepathic level. With society, need, and desire being the biggest influences on creativity.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

so what is evidence ? tell me do you have a pound of it or a kilo ? it's interpretation... evidence is anderson cooper telling us it's disclosure time or what ? evidence is subjective. and cant be given on ATS. You know that so why asking ? Why asking the impossible ? Evidence is the end of a process. The process understanding the mechanics. Being openminded and investigating all possibilities. what I get from you posts is that you want to be 'right' about 'no ufo's and such' . searching for a meaning. Well maybe there is no meaning. but all I said was AAT is still a valid theory worth to be examined nothing more.

What is the difference of having proof of alien visitation vs faith in alien visitation?

I don’t need proof if I have faith. But theories are not based on faith. Theories are based on fact.

But what I don’t get about another topic is disclosure. If people totally believe in alien visitation, why do they need disclosure from the government? To the point of obsession? I would think faith and evidence in ET’s existence would come from a more personal journey. It’s lame. But the government hasn’t made it a point to disclose Tibet exists. Yet, I believe people live and are from Tibet. Like I believe there are extra terrestrials civilizations. But I cannot personally produce any evidence for either.

A miracle of all miracles, you and I agree that aliens have never been proven to exist...not as yet, anyway....right?

So if that's true, then why do you believe aliens exist, without any proof?

Are you saying aliens are likely to exist, while you have no proof of it?

To believe in something that you can't prove exists, is merely a religion, is it not? A belief in a God, that you cannot prove exists, but you still believe exists, is no different than a faith that aliens exist....

Even though you know aliens have never been proven to exist, you believe they do exist, somewhere else.

Because you believe in endless space, beyond Earth, aliens must be 'out there somewhere'!

But space is another fantasy, an illusion, and that's the conflict you cannot resolve. Anyone would believe aliens exist, somewhere in endless space. As you believe in space, you believe aliens must exist, even without a shred of proof for it!

When you believe in the illusion of 'space', you will believe that aliens are likely to exist 'somewhere out there', too.

Isn't it odd that so many people believe in aliens, without any proof they even exist?

Is it also not strange that so many people are 'demanding' that their governments 'disclose' what they 'know' about 'aliens' to the public?

When nobody knows aliens exist, or proven to exist anywhere, why are they all screaming about 'disclosure' of aliens??

'I've never seen an alien, and there's no proof aliens exist, but I am very sure the government knows that many types of aliens have landed on Earth, and I want to know all about them, okay?'

What will you believe when all the 'experts' start to claim that aliens DO exist, and have landed on Earth?

This might sound crazy to you, right now, but in a century or two, that's what 'experts' will all claim is true. And most people will believe it is true, without any proof. No different than you see it today, without proof, but 'experts' will claim it is true, and 'support' it with countless 'documents'. The media backs it up, and our schools teach it, as if it were an established, proven fact.

Something you and I are aware of, now, is that aliens are not proven to exist, or not yet, anyway, right?

In a century or so, when we are gone, what will people believe about aliens?

People will all believe that aliens exist, and believe that aliens have landed on Earth, over and over again, for many centuries.

Until the 'experts' all claimed aliens exist, and have landed on Earth for many centuries, people were 'skeptical' of aliens being real, and landing on Earth. But after 'experts' came forth, and 'disclosed' the 'truth', everyone believed aliens exist, and have landed on Earth!! Just look at all the 'scientific papers' that 'prove' aliens are real, and nobody will dispute it anymore!! Unless they are 'conspiracy nuts', that is!!

One day, everyone will learn, in elementary schools, that aliens exist, have visited Earth for centuries, are on the Earth today, and some aliens on Earth might even look exactly like humans, but it's yet to be confirmed. And then it will be confirmed, later on, as true.

The aliens who look like humans, will then kill many humans, and the media shows us many videos, which 'prove' it. All the 'experts' agree it is true, of course.

Humans get a 'chip' implant, to distinguish them from aliens, who look human, but cannot get a 'chip', because of some reason(s) or other!

So if you refuse theur 'chip' you are either an alien, or an alien 'sympathizer'. A traitor to the human race!

When you believe in things that don't exist, without any proof they exist, the horrors will eventually come to fruition.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

How many stars in our galaxy? How many galaxies in our universe? Out of literally billions of planets, Earth is the only planet with life?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That's not a theory.
That's an observed fact.

Harte

Sure.

Harte

I agree.

My reply was to this post...

originally posted by: Peeple

I already answered to that.

The phenomenon is taking place inside our dimension but it's bigger, parallel and we only perceive it's shadows resonating Inside our consciousness.

This is full context of my reply...

And I theorize people are creative on their own. With there being no real proof people are influenced on a telepathic level. With society, need, and desire being the biggest influences on creativity.

And my point was that "And I theorize people are creative on their own" should have read "I have observed that people are creative on their own."
In other words, you weren't theorizing there.

It doesn't matter really. But my response was in the midst of a back and forth about the meaning of "theory."

Harte

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Harte

Literature 300 something in College. The first college book I gave up on and tried to use the delights of Cliffnotes - but there was none - but did find a discussion of what the heck it was about by some Englishman. Funny book but so hard to read. Only time I read one book to avoiding having to read the book it was about.

I remember enjoying at the same time in Anthro XXX reading a book on the development of rice cultivation in SE Asia - that was easier than FW and it was like eating lead.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

How many stars in our galaxy? How many galaxies in our universe? Out of literally billions of planets, Earth is the only planet with life?

Well, until we have irrefutable proof otherwise... why not? Why couldnt *we* be the species destined to seed the universe, just like so many scifi series have their "elder species" that created all the "younger species"? We just happen to be only 0.1% of the way there.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vhedza

It’s an entertainment show but is has some validity because the # were we taught is clearly almost total bull# based upon speculation and guesswork which is certainly no worse than the crap they spin.

If you really believe that we have been a species for 100,000 of years then suddenly just Miraculously went from a hunter gather society to a well organized agrarian civilization 6000 to 8000 years ago, you are a complete idiot and should not be wasting your time here. Show we the proof, there is almost none. AA theory is popular because deep down whether we admit it or not we know at least a subconscious level what we were we taught is garbage

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Jackfish28

6,000 years is about 200 generations. So how many generations should it have take to go from “hunter gather society to a well organized agrarian civilization“.

Are you saying hunter gather societies were not organized? Didn’t use technology?

Was it really that hard to figure out if you cleared the plants that didn’t make food, and collected and planted the seeds of the plants you could eat you would be better off?

What defines a strictly hunting society vs a strictly farming society. I would think it would have lots to do with the migrations of people over 200 generations. What environments were encountered.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

Well, until we have irrefutable proof otherwise... why not? Why couldnt *we* be the species destined to seed the universe, just like so many scifi series have their "elder species" that created all the "younger species"? We just happen to be only 0.1% of the way there.

You mean like the psychology desire for an all protecting father, for most of us that our fathers provided the illusion of protection and security when we were children.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

You mean like the psychology desire for an all protecting father, for most of us that our fathers provided the illusion of protection and security when we were children.

You ignored his point and made your own.
What Merka said made sense. What you said was tangential and unrelated to the post you responded to.

The simple fact is, we have exactly zero evidence of other life of any kind except right here on Earth.
And of the evidence from here that we have, only ONE life form (out of literally millions) is capable of space exploration.

The argument about the number of planets we know are out there does NOT support the idea of other life forms capable of space exploration. It only weakly supports the possibility that SOME KIND of life might be out there somewhere. And that assumes a coincidence of timing, as extraterrestrial life might have flourished somewhere else at some point and then died off a billion years ago.

Harte
Hartre

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Harte
Hartre

Is that you posting with your evil twin sister Hartre?

The Great Silence

One night about 60 years ago, physicist Enrico Fermi looked up into the sky and asked, "Where is everybody?"

It was a good question - as Earth and us are very late to the party - where IS the party?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

And that assumes a coincidence of timing, as extraterrestrial life might have flourished somewhere else at some point and then died off a billion years ago.

Vs

Why couldnt *we* be the species destined to seed the universe, just like so many scifi series have their "elder species" that created all the "younger species"? We just happen to be only 0.1% of the way there.

I think you are mistaking the reality in there may be no way to reasonably travel the great distances between solar systems vs the odds of life forming on a planet vs what If we don’t understand other forms of communication?
edit on 15-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And that assumes a coincidence of timing, as extraterrestrial life might have flourished somewhere else at some point and then died off a billion years ago.

Vs

Why couldnt *we* be the species destined to seed the universe, just like so many scifi series have their "elder species" that created all the "younger species"? We just happen to be only 0.1% of the way there.

I think you are mistaking the reality in there may be no way to reasonably travel the great distances between solar systems vs the odds of life forming on a planet vs what If we don’t understand other forms of communication?

Wasn't really my point.
You could assume instantaneous space travel and what I said still stands.

Harte

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Vs

Wasn't really my point.
You could assume instantaneous space travel and what I said still stands.

Harte

That is a false statement. There could be intelligent life 100’s to 1000’s of light years away broadcasting for the first time this very second. If their transmissions were even powerful enough to be detected on earth, it would still take 100’s to 1000’s of years before we would receive the transmissions.

If the race was telepathic, they may never develop a detectable form of communication to us.

Since instant space travel is not a reality. How else would we possible detect intelligent life 1000’s of light years away than by transmission.

I agree we have found no evidence of extraterrestrial life. But there is no evidence life doesn’t exist in other places in this galaxy. Or the numerous other galaxies. And we may never know one way or another.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This is the magnitude we are dealing with.

Milky Way

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Milky Way is a barred spiral galaxy with a diameter between 150,000 and 200,000 light-years (ly).[22][23][24][25] It is estimated to contain 100–400 billion stars[26][27] and more than 100 billion planets.[28][29]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join