It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Documentary

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronfluxThat is a false statement.

No, that is a false statement. Nothing false about mine.

originally posted by: neutronfluxThere could be intelligent life 100’s to 1000’s of light years away broadcasting for the first time this very second. If their transmissions were even powerful enough to be detected on earth, it would still take 100’s to 1000’s of years before we would receive the transmissions.

If the race was telepathic, they may never develop a detectable form of communication to us.

Since instant space travel is not a reality. How else would we possible detect intelligent life 1000’s of light years away than by transmission.

I agree we have found no evidence of extraterrestrial life. But there is no evidence life doesn’t exist in other places in this galaxy. Or the numerous other galaxies. And we may never know one way or another.

"There is no evidence that (fill in the blank) doesn't exist in other places."

Think about the above sentence. Ponder it. Discover the meaning of what it tells you.

And don't refer me to the magnitude of the problem. I'm a 62 year old Math teacher that teaches Physics (sometimes) on the side. I told you you have to assume the coincidental existence of alien life during the same epoch of the universe we are in now. The very magnitudes you're talking about make the existence - during the same time period - of alien intelligent species unlikely.

And that doesn't even include the very real fact that, although several (a tiny minority of) known exoplanets are in "the Goldilocks zone," life can't actually exist on the vast majority even of those.

That is not to say that no other intelligent life has ever existed (other than us.)

Can you now see my point? Nothing I've said here would change even if we had instantaneous space travel.

And beyond all that, exactly what is the difference between there being no intelligent aliens and there being no intelligent aliens we will ever know about?

Harte

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

What are you rambling about.

Over 100 billion planets just in our galaxy. Over 100 billion galaxies in our observable universe. Who knows what possibilities lie in alternate forms of life and alternate realities. And there is only life on earth? That is the same attitude when the Chinese thought they were the center of the universe.

How can you say with any certainty there is life only on earth in this universe. You cannot. It’s that simple. To say otherwise is earthist.....
edit on 15-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Again. The problem isn’t the universe is void of life. The problem lies in shear distance, travel time, and modes of communication.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

And don't refer me to the magnitude of the problem. I'm a 62 year old Math teacher that teaches Physics (sometimes) on the side

Nice false authority. I’ve seen bar flies piss away more intelligence and creativity than you will ever have.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If only a quarter of the known galaxies produced one intelligent species each, that is still 25 billion intelligent races......

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

And don't refer me to the magnitude of the problem. I'm a 62 year old Math teacher that teaches Physics (sometimes) on the side

Nice false authority. I’ve seen bar flies piss away more intelligence and creativity than you will ever have.

So, you're gonna educate the math teacher on how big numbers are?
You are FAR out of your league here.

Harte

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

What are you rambling about.

Can you answer my question or not?

And I note that you have yet to understand this sentence: "There is no evidence that (fill in the blank) doesn't exist in other places."

Harte
edit on 7/16/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What question is that? For a “math” teacher, you sure do ramble on pointlessly?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If only a quarter of the known galaxies produced one intelligent species each, that is still 25 billion intelligent races......

Well, as it says in the last two lines of the Galaxy Song ...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You

There is no evidence that (fill in the blank) doesn't exist in other places."

What does that have to do with the probability there is other life outside earth’s solar system.

Think about the above sentence. Ponder it. Discover the meaning of what it tells you.

What are you rambling on about. You question there is probably life on other planets? And you dismiss such probabilities based on what evidence? Are you a flat earther?

And don't refer me to the magnitude of the problem. I'm a 62 year old Math teacher that teaches Physics (sometimes) on the side.

And I should care why? Especially in terms of exobiology?

I told you you have to assume the coincidental existence of alien life during the same epoch of the universe we are in now. The very magnitudes you're talking about make the existence - during the same time period

That’s pretty ignorant. Especially when thousands of solar systems and planets in our galaxy were formed around the same time.

The only way your statement would be totally true if only one solar system could exist at a time.

And that doesn't even include the very real fact that, although several (a tiny minority of) known exoplanets are in "the Goldilocks zone," life can't actually exist on the vast majority even of those.

Only if you ignore the possibilities of other types of life forms.

And.....

How Many Habitable Planets are Out There?

www.thoughtco.com...

Planet Candidates
While data analysis is still underway, results from the Kepler mission have revealed thousands of planet candidates. More than three thousand have been confirmed as planets, and some of them are orbiting their host star in the so-called "habitable zone". That's a region around the star where liquid water could exist on the surface of a rocky planet.

The numbers are encouraging, but they only reflect a small part of the sky. That is because Kepler did not survey the entire galaxy, but rather only one four-hundredth of the sky. And even then, its data only indicate a small fraction of the planets that could possibly exist throughout the galaxy.

A survey of four-hundredth of the sky reviled the existence of habitable planets?

Can you now see my point? Nothing I've said here would change even if we had instantaneous space travel.

Why would you make such a meaningless statement?

And beyond all that, exactly what is the difference between there being no intelligent aliens and there being no intelligent aliens we will ever know about?

What logic is that. Either something exists or doesn’t. Because you cannot perceive something doesn’t make it wink out of existence. Are you sure your not a flat earther.
edit on 16-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 16-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Made statement more accurate

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wait, Harte actually believes humans are alone in the Universe?

What a dinosaur!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I love this video

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What question is that? For a “math” teacher, you sure do ramble on pointlessly?

The way I understand it, it is usually beneficial to read a post before you respond to it.
Of course, you're free to do it your own way.

Harte

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Again. Why would I care you are a math teacher?

What logic is that. Either something exists or doesn’t. Because you cannot perceive something doesn’t make it wink out of existence. Are you sure your not a flat earther.

Or.....

It’s nice to find something first to prevent that thing from finding you first to bite you in the bottom.....

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Should we not use time and resources to look for life outside earth? And why?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Again. Why would I care you are a math teacher?

It doesn't work like that. You can't assert the existence of something with no evidence whatsoever. You can only talk about the likelihood.
So, it seems that you can't answer the question, and you don't understand my other point:

For weak-minded buffoons, that means that we can substitute any term - such as "pogo stick riding ducks" for "intelligent aliens" and not lose one whit of logic.

Harte

Or.....

It’s nice to find something first to prevent that thing from finding you first to bite you in the bottom.....

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It doesn't work like that. You can't assert the existence of something with no evidence whatsoever.

Yeap. Your a flat earther.

Ok. Then prove there is only life on earth. There is still in all probability life in other solar systems. You cannot say life doesn’t exist outside earth without exploring all the possibilities.

Again. You are confusing problems of distance and communication. The problem is not from a lack of habitable planets, and lack of possibilities.

You can only talk about the likelihood.

So? Then you have proof there is only life on earth? Or you only believe there is a likelihood of no life outside earth?

So, it seems that you can't answer the question, and you don't understand my other point:

It’s a false argument. The question cannot be fully answer until the whole universe is explored. Out of literally billions of planets, it only takes one planet other than earth with life to prove you wrong. I’ll take those odds any day.

For weak-minded buffoons, that means that we can substitute any term - such as "pogo stick riding ducks" for "intelligent aliens" and not lose one whit of logic.

Really? Coming from the person that made this statement?

I guess you being a math teacher, it most really suck when you cannot intimidate people.....

What does that have to do with being inquisitive and having the humbleness to acknowledge humans may not be the only intelligent spices?

Now. Are you going to answer to: “Should we not use time and resources to look for life outside earth? And why?”

Or are you really a flat earther, and you believe there is nothing to explore? That would be the logical reason you assert there is only life on earth.

Some more likely than others, but is it false to say each solar system has the possible to hold some form of life.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I’m not sure if you simply have a problem with Harte, are being purposely obtuse or just Don’t understand his point at all. In science, we talk about what we have evidence for, what can be supported by the current data and how it all works within the scientific method.

One can speculate all day, every day on the possibilities and likelihood for other habitable planets in the universe, space farms by r otherwise. But that’s all it is... speculation. There is ZERO evidence of life on any evidence laney other than Earth. That’s not a refutation of the possibilities for extraterrestrial life. It’s workij with the facts that we currently have. That’s how science works, you build a hypothesis based on the current available evidence. Right now, the only planet we have evidence of life on is Earth. Hence Harte stating that you can only talk about the likelihood. You’re actually agreeing with him for the most part while simultaneously attempting to castigate him. Re-read how the scientific method works because insisting that there is definitely other life out there based on statistics isn’t the same thing as having evidence of life on other planets.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

There is ZERO evidence of life on any evidence laney other than Earth.

Now provide proof there is no life in solar systems that we have never been to.

Again. You are confusing problems of distance and communication with equating no possibilities of other life.

Then to you then.....

What does that have to do with being inquisitive and having the humbleness to acknowledge humans may not be the only intelligent spices?

The question of other life cannot be fully answer until the whole universe is explored. Out of literally billions of planets, it only takes one planet other than earth with life to prove you wrong. I’ll take those odds any day.

Now. Are you going to answer to: “Should we not use time and resources to look for life outside earth? And why?”

Some more likely than others, but is it false to say each solar system has the possible to hold some form of life.

Funny you want to preach than acknowledge the real possibility of other life.

You

That’s how science works, you build a hypothesis based on the current available evidence.

Ok? I have a hypothesis there is life in others solar systems. So, how can you dismiss the possibility until those solar systems are actually explored.

In the past, we had a pretty good idea other stars had plants. In fact, it be right out stupid to assume our sun was the only star with planets. We didn’t have proof of other plants around distance stars until the right technological was developed. However, there was always other planets orbiting distance stars. The proof was always there, our perception had to grow to find the truth.

You get it now.....
edit on 17-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Who was first with the "alternative" view on history...Sitchin or von Daniken? Can it be possible that one of them has used the succes of the other to make some money with a fantastic story...based on a true story.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join