It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ways To Stop Being A YouTube Addicta reply to: Night Star

I'd go with number 4 - Play Music. Bring together the Shed Band for a jam session.

edit on 8 16 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Haha! I didn't see anything for Shed addiction. Wonder if there's a page for that.

I'll be on...ummm...I'll be somewhere if someone needs me.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Here's a shirt for you...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

LOL!

Hi my name is Night Star and I am a Shed addict.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I think you're doing good. Nobody can get it all at once. You can recognize positives even when you're feeling low...even when there is plenty of damn good reason to be feeling low. Sometimes I feel KO'd and have a hard time getting past my blinding negativity and that's when it's worst. Just the ability to pause in one of those terrible hours and say even something as non-committal as "It is unlikely that I will feel this way forever" seems to have a cumulative benefit.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Indeed it does. Good to see you again DOE!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I had a good day today, lots of little animals came to visit this morning, birds, rabbits, squirrels... I did my morning routine, exercised, meditated and spent a couple of hours laying in the sun at the pool. Hope everyone is doing well today.
edit on 8/16/2019 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thank you and likewise. How's the summer treating you back east?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

That sounds amazing! Do you think they like you or are they just "doing their thing"?

(I tell myself that) I'm on good terms with a family of clever and cute little raccoon bandits that live in the hedgerow, several owls that come round looking for stupid roadmouse at night, and of course old trickster coyote. I just love love love to see these friends. Doe will always be squeamish but I love to see her too. (I think she's an aspie.)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm sure it was just the conditions and timing but it was like a Disney movie...I was looking around for Bambi. I feed the birds regularly, they have habitat and water from the big fountain so I'm used to seeing lots of birds but this display set me back on my heels. It was so cool.

I love raccoons and their bandit mask, I have a cat with markings that remind me of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've been relatively hit or miss in here recently. My mother's (finally! FINALLY!!!) moving out of our house, although not to her own -- she found a sucker (someone we know) willing to let her live with them instead of finding work & paying her own way in life, so she's moving across the country to do that.

Some folks on here are aware of my mother's bold financial moochery and utter lack of personal responsibility, so it should come as no surprise that we're beyond relieved & elated she's leaving, even at the cost of someone else not really understanding exactly what they agreed to.

On the plus side, there's serious perks to her moving that far away. One being both of my brothers will resume regular contact -- they both keep their distance far & contact limited so she won't hit them up for money or a place to live And good on them, not doing the same was our mistake. My older brother already housed her for years once, he's not about to get roped into it again.

One lives over by Detroit, and the other still lives in Florida, but there's a strong possibility one or the other -- or both -- might do a holiday visit now. And my dad and stepmom (also near Detroit) will be more than willing to come visit, we've already discussed a barbecue possibility. They've wanted to come over ever since we came up, but my mother has been the equivalent of Garlic warding off Vampires, nobody wants to be around her. She's very pushy and MUST be the center of attention regardless of topic or company, even if the visitor doesn't know her (this gets old very damn fast)

It's going to be very nice here shortly to have full control of our house back, and not having people avoid visiting anymore because Miss Center-of-The-Universe makes everyone's heads explode.

I know, sounds mean and all, but really, she's not the kind of person anyone wants to get stuck with under their roof.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

Sounds wonderful! I adore animals and nature.

We have various animals and birds around here. It seems the skunk families enjoy waddling along in our backyard. Squirrels are always out and about flying from tree to tree and branch to branch. They like chasing each other around the trees. I love when I look up and see Hawks circling around in the sky. And the greenery and flowers everywhere...just lovely.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

The Summer around this time of year is usually brutally hot and humid. We did have some perfect weather in between though.

Awwww, racoons are so adorable! I had a masked ferret once. So damned cute and comical! An aspie doe, LOL!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wow, party at Nyiah's! We're celebrating.
Now you can breathe easy and enjoy the rest of the family.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Our too quiet Jacy is feeling on the down side this week. Like me, send her your love and prayers. Hugs are always good too!

edit on 8 17 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: for tax purposes

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Of course. I'm glad she stays in touch with you Blue so we can get updates. I haven't heard from her in a while. Thank you!
Much love and light for our Jacy and a big warm hug!

edit on 17-8-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

'Raine, you have a pm my dear!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thank you Sir Gordi! I just replied.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good day or evening or whatever my fine people of the Shed!

I have been busy doing things around the house and I added water and replaced the filters and cleaned the tubes and whatnot for that.

It's hot as hell outside and humid! I'm hungry, maybe I should go fry eggs on the sidewalk. Lol

I was just thinking about how many people used to say that they read The Shed with their morning coffee like a newspaper.

In todays Shed news, we have learned that the dragons have accumulated way too many treasures. There are many people of the Shedlands that didn't mind sharing things in the past, but are now rebelling.
(The Elf makes a note to have a long talk with the dragons.)

The sweltering heat has attracted beings, both muggles and magical to the ocean, brooks and rivers. The mermaids and water creatures find it a bit overcrowded, but are enjoying the company.

All in all, there is peace and wonder throughout the lands.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join