It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

My Great Grandmother was from Wales.

I love hearing about people's ancestry. It's so cool! On Mom's side we were traced back to King Charlemagne in France. Pretty pissed that I never got a castle or even a candlestick. Like...who lost our wealth? I always wanted a castle for my wonderful Sheddites in real life.

Cool videos! What a fun night it's been!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm loving all this ancestry stuff! Ah, another tradition for the Nyiah household.

Gah, it's very late and I need to unwind and get to bed. Off to youtube to watch something and get sleepy. Sweet dreams!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: XXXN3O

My Great Grandmother was from Wales.

I love hearing about people's ancestry. It's so cool! On Mom's side we were traced back to King Charlemagne in France. Pretty pissed that I never got a castle or even a candlestick. Like...who lost our wealth? I always wanted a castle for my wonderful Sheddites in real life.

Cool videos! What a fun night it's been!

I love talking ancestry, too. It's a fantastic way to hear about smaller cultures or places you might not otherwise ever hear of!

On my maternal side, we're Irish, Norwegian, English & Russian. The Russian roots are the hardest to trace, my great-great grandparents came over here at the turn of the 20th century after a period called The Pale (interesting thing to read about, it was NOT a nice time back then) Best we can trace through scant family records and, of all things, synagogue records in Poland. The family originated outside of Moscow, but further details just don't exist anymore, so we don't even know which town
All we know if they fled through Poland to a port and hopped on a ship to the US from there.

We've wondered, and at this point, strongly suspect, they were Russian Jews run out of the empire, at lot of Jews were at the time. My great-grandmother grew up a strict Catholic, but my grandmother used to tell of dishes and traditions they were decidedly not Catholic (Jewish ones) Whatever the reason they fled, it prompted a conversion on their part, at least as a non-Jewish face to present.

There's also probably a Romanian line that is all but impossible to trace. For the longest time, we thought we had a Mongolian ancestor, there were records of one ancestor marrying a Mongolian trader, but it turns out someone was a lousy transcriber and probably meant Mangalia and not Mongolia, lmao (Mangalia is a very, very old city on Romania's Black Sea coast that goes back to the Greek & Roman Eras) A Romanian trader makes a WHOLE lot more sense than a Mongolian one XD

On my paternal side, we're French, German, Welsh & English. No mysteries on that side of the family, the records are exceedingly detailed.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Night StarIt does feel pretty strange to be sober after all these years though.

You can do this.

I already did it, months ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Fascinating stuff!
I am rushing around and have to leave now. Going out with my Sister. be back late this afternoon.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have fun, hope the weather is clement for you.

@Fin

In case the answer above came across as smug, what I should have said was "The sentence was past tense, it's done and dusted." I can tell you I like the money I don't spend on beer any more but that's just an added bonus.

You mentioned binge drinking. I never did that, I just drank the same amount of beer every day. I figured it was better for my body, perhaps wrongly. Unlike most others, I never drank when younger, in fact I was firmly anti-alcohol on a personal level. I started when I was 30+ and ramped up the quantity slowly, at first. Still, that was then and this is now. Comedians are still funny, music still sounds good and I can still cook a reasonable attempt at a meal and it still tastes nice.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

LMAO, I showed the video to the younger kid, who thought it was a bit weird but was bobbing her head to the beat anyway. Song finishes and she looks at me, "I'm still probably going to be a dragon or Godzilla this year for Halloween, but now I want me and dad to be Beserkers next year!"

XD It awoke her inner Viking XD

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

It was hot and humid, but I was mostly inside places with air conditioning, so I was good.
I had baked fish with parmesan mashed potatoes, carrots and a creamy, cheesy broccoli soup. Yum!

Since I have been trying to catch up on food and household items for weeks, I thought I would make a stop today to catch up on things. These are mostly heavy items that I couldn't carry with all our other items on grocery day. Feels good to be getting caught up and even ahead.

Proud of you for staying off the beer!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
I had baked fish with parmesan mashed potatoes, carrots and a creamy, cheesy broccoli soup. Yum!

You're making me reconsider salad tonight. That sounds delicious.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hello to you dear people I care deeply about. I miss you. I long for this, but...

I am absent not because I don't care, but of necessity. I need to find "something".
You are in my thoughts every day, you who have helped shape my world over the past years.
A lesson learned so many decades ago taught me when I feel savagely lonely I must seek within to fill the bottomless pit that eats away at my integrity.

I hope and pray you are all well.
Here is a barrel of "spirits" and some "sweats' if any one is so inclined.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
@Fin

In case the answer above came across as smug, what I should have said was "The sentence was past tense, it's done and dusted."

Don't worry lightman, it didn't come across as smug. It was straightforward and clear. You are more humble than smug (smug was a new word for me by the way, had to look it up)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thinking of everyone here today but I'm been on the out of sorts side all day long.

A phone call telling me how they could help me if my credit card debt was over $3000 woke me up to early to start with.

My cats were being unsociable for most of the day. Could have had something to do with them hiding out during thunderstorms.

Dad, yes there is always a dad story here, showed me the tv dinner that mom was wanting to have for dinner as I usually cook/fix dinner for her. 30 minutes later dad informed me that he was going out to get hamburgers for dinner. ?????

So dinner was hamburger for mom and I. Dad choose something else from home to eat.

As my world is weird I felt best at taking a nap around 730pm as I was already tired. The cats and I had our long nap until a few minutes ago so now I'm somewhat functional.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Mark just got taken away in the ambulance. His sugars went down to 34! He was drenched in sweat and confused. My Sister is on her way to get me.

Please pray and send healing vibes or whatever!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Mark just got taken away in the ambulance. His sugars went down to 34! He was drenched in sweat and confused. My Sister is on her way to get me.

Please pray and send healing vibes or whatever!

Love and light to you and yours Night.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You and Mark are in my thoughts right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Positive thoughts and prayers are with you both !!

Try to stay calm and hydrated ...

Keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks Gentlemen! He is home now. That was scary as hell. His blood sugar plummeted and he was sweating profusely and confused and staring off. I called the ambulance and they tried getting his sugars up, but it was still too low. At the hospital they had to keep him for quite a while to make sure his blood sugar count would stay normal.

Poor guy left the house without his prosthetic leg. So here I am at home calling my Sister for a ride and packed a bag with a clean t-shirt, his jeans and stuff. I had to lug that heavy leg down all those stairs and carry it through the hospital. I get there and I forgot the insert thingy for the leg and I forgot to bring his other shoe.

So...we get home and he tries to walk without the insert thingy and now he's falling and I have to hold him up with a bad back and I was dizzy from not eating. He had to sit back in my Sister's vehicle while I run up the stairs for the damned thing and his other shoe. It's funny now, but it wasn't funny at the time.

They think he may be taking too much insulin and his kidneys can't handle that much. So he has to call his kidney Doctor tomorrow. My cat keeps meowing and I'm starving. I'm going to have supper now or a very early breakfast.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Good to read how things turned out. Now it's time for you to get some rest.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thank Blue! I'm too wound up from the night's events. I'll go watch something on youtube and try to rest.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Oh... Scary situation there, regarding Mark. I hope it all ends up well. I have faith in doctors. Most of them. Hope you have skillful ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join