It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Night Star

I didn't know there was one. I have to check it out.

Yes! Just click on your profile pic at the top right of the page. Scroll down to the dark mode and click it. I love it!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ahaha! Gotcha.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

We have a space patrol?

Bally, What's a 'wukkers'? At least two of us want to know, maybe more.

Um, the space patrol was supposed to be a secret.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Uh huh. Leaker! LOL

I fell asleep earlier and now it's after midnight.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hey has anyone else chosen the dark mode for youtube? Love it! Just like in here, nice and dark and interesting looking.

Hi!

Not for youtube, i just select songs from there and let it play and go elsewhere onllne when the song is playing. Then after the song, same thing again. If i watch something from youtube (usually a music video or a documentary i can trust) then it is full screen and the theme doesn't matter.

But here, ATS, always dark theme. I was a lurker for a decade before i joined. Did a whole lot of reading. And the dark theme here is more gentle to my eyes.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I'm on youtube a lot and love the dark theme.

Hello Sir Fin!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

My body forced me to take a nap for a couple of hours along with the cats as well. I've been doing a bit of cleaning in the kitchen as dad is in bed in out of the way. Back at the desk with some nutritious fritos now.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I haven't had fritos in years. Are you the frito bandito?

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Am I the "frito bandito"?

Not really. I'm only eating them as they were in a larger bag containing a variety of chips.

Otherwise I avoid them most of the time as they are a challenge for me to consume minus dentures.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: bally001

What is "wukkers"

'WUKKERS' -

Glad you asked DoE. In my explanation you'll have excuse the aussie vernacular.

In war time, the aussie soldier, if asked to do a task by a senior officer would reply loudly and with respect, " No FU#c5en Worries" 'sir' or 'sergeant' as the case maybe. So in hard combat, even to a Vietnam war front this respectful response fell upon the aussie 'sapper' or soldier. Other country's officers found this reply as a disrespectful reply from a non commissioned sapper.

So the response "No Fu%6ken Worries" became "No Wukking Furees," Smart officer's would reply, because they are smart, "I know what you did there corporal" Crikey!!! So "No Wukking Furees" became "No Wukkers." Which is more acceptable to all.

"No wukkers" can mean "All's good" or "Yeah righto" or "I'll be there on time" or "I can do that" or simply an agreement. Many meanings but most importantly, "I got yer back cobber."

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Sorry 'Time' mate I replied before I saw your post,

bally

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

We have a space patrol?

Bally, What's a 'wukkers'? At least two of us want to know, maybe more.

Um, the space patrol was supposed to be a secret.

SPACE PATROL! Space Patrol ? Well, me, Wally and Clifford are still stuck out here after getting off a moon near Jupiter. I think we're travelling too fast at present to get back to home. Tragedy is, I have been informed that 'The Shed' is in another realm. We are travelling at .5 G constant which is a bit better than the gravity of moon we were stranded on. Least ways I can take a dump and it goes down the tube.

Wal explains to me that the faster we go, our mass will increase and we shrink. Not happy about this. (As he aims for another orbit of the sun) And those on the planet will age as we pass through 'the' space - dot - time continuum.

So you buggers will be older if not dead by the time Wal decides to de-accelerate and put down where ever. So, I ask Fin. Where is another mirror? Can we get back to the shed in 'realm time'.

Fin, we are here because the shed changed to twenty three after we stepped through the mirror. As I said if we keep going at .5G, you are all are older if not already dead. It would be much easier to take personally if I was like Wal or Clifford, who just look at the screen, as if, 'this is great!' I have people to go back to. So as we progress into the future according 'Einstein's theory I project a message here - "All's not good for me at least!"

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 6-11-2019 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Okay fine human beings, answer this!

How is it possible to go to grocery store with the intention to buy coca cola and tobacco, and then forget the coca cola? 2 things! 2 simple things! And got only one now and refuse to go back!

Well ok, i will just drink my whisky unmixed then. No wukkers.

Best regards

A 140 year old man who has not even turned forty yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The sauna this morning is something worth mentioning.

I woke up, made my usual 2 black coffee mugs. Being a nerd around the internet. Then i realized that my hair is greasy and i stink a bit. Warmed up my sauna. I put water on the sauna stove stones and did like my habit tells me to do, stay there until it is not pleasant anymore. Sauna is about pleasure, not a sport, not a contest.

Then a long very cold shower with shampoo and soap. These are the smalls things in life that i really get "kicks" out of.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I have a story about a sauna. All I have to do is sit down and write it.

I have all these stories in my head. There's the one about the sauna. The one about the subdermal love-testers. There's the one about the squirrels that take over the world, the one about the guy who gets turned into a horse, the one about the idiot looking for a job, the one about scary ol' Carrotfingers and the one about the conspiracy theory website. I'm writing my ass off to finish the one about the vacation...it took me three days to write the scene in the parking lot, which occurs in a span of several minutes in the story.

I'm working as fast as I can and it's too slow, which is stressful in itself because I'm afraid if I don't deliver on all these ideas (and more - I didn't even mention the musics!) that the muses will abandon me - or worse!

Do you guys and girls know - are the muses known to exact blood payment in the event of failure? Come to think of it, I could probably whip up some bullsnip and make it sound true---damnit, another story idea.

edit on 11/6/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I may have joined the army if I were born in Australia, knowing this.

edit on 11/6/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!

Enjoyed your posts, but too tired to reply.

Mark's operation tomorrow. I will have to be up so early tomorrow that I doubt I'll have time to sleep tonight, seeing I go to bed at the weird hours that I do.

I have a plan though...get dressed tonight so that I will be ready. Then all I have to do before leaving is have breakfast, brush my teeth, throw a bit of makeup on and go. Don't laugh, I'm serious. It's a good plan...well, to me anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For all of those celebrating something special today.. congratulations !

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join