It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: bally001

Are you serving roos for Christmas with a side of those fat grub thingies?

Lol, no, last year we had a 'Pig' on a spit but this year truey would like more of a 'dutch' thing so mum in law's recipes are the go. Truey is very happy because our four young one's and the grandchild will be here. We've started buying presents. My youngest daughter has her eyes on a sewing machine. Crikey! Beats my little pony.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You are the sweetest man ever! Thank you so much!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a few PM's.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So what is common for a Dutch thing? A sewing machine is an awesome gift for your Daughter! There are sooooo many things she can make with it. Nothing like having kids around at Christmas.

Things have changed so drastically since Mom passed away. For Thanksgiving and Christmas, everyone used to gather at her house for dessert, goodies and gifts. For a meal, we would usually just be Mom, Mark and I and once in a while my Brother Jim. I would cook for us. When Mom was able, we used to cook together, or go out to a nice restaurant with the rest of the family.

Now with Mark, we never know if he will feel up to going out to eat somewhere. We have to play it by ear. Last year, we stayed home for Thanksgiving, but went out for Christmas. It's up to him and how he is feeling. If he stays home, I'm staying home with him. And...I'll be hanging out with others in the Holiday thread I put up.
edit on 4-11-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Haha! Love the personalized mail alerts from you. Ok, I'll get right on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So what is common for a Dutch thing?

From 'true loves' family, a special dutch themed table cloth on our long outside table. It's kinda like a patterned mat upon which food is served. We'll have a roast leg as per aussie requirement (meat) and as the weather will be usually 'hot' there will salad, prawns (shrimp) and other aussie fare. But the 'dutch' side dishes will include my 2 sons' favorites like Oma's dutch meatballs cooked in a mixture of soy and Worcestershire sauce, a lightly fried diced, sliced cabbage dish with small strips of bacon and a couple of eggs stirred in while cooking then a touch of 'maggi' sauce, a potato bake dish with grated Edam cheese and sour cream followed by Netherlander pastries and sweets and pancakes. I know the pronunciation of the dishes in dutch but my spelling wouldn't do them justice.

After the cleanup I'll prepare 'Oliebollen' (dutch donut type thing, deep fried and dipped in icing) and get the holland house rollmops ready for News Years Eve/Day.

That sort of thing, a blend of cultures which the 'cloggies' as we call them here adapted to in the warmer summer climate.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 4-11-2019 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Things have changed so drastically since Mom passed away. For Thanksgiving and Christmas, everyone used to gather at her house for dessert, goodies and gifts. For a meal, we would usually just be Mom, Mark and I and once in a while my Brother Jim. I would cook for us. When Mom was able, we used to cook together, or go out to a nice restaurant with the rest of the family.

A moment ago, i woke up. Feeling normal and thirsty. Grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and checked the shed and saw your post. I cried a couple of tears. I wish my mom was around. She has not passed away, but some day she will. And i have messed up but sent my apologies via big sister. I love her

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What if we rock a little bit and forget our worries? I have a Finnish group here to provide the goods! I suggest that you try to remember the times when you were a tiny little girl without any worries

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I've been thinking of how much you miss your Mom. I hope she responds positively to your message. We all need our Moms.

Yes, I will rock out with you Fin! Love the music!

Hugs!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sounds wonderful Bally! I love trying new dishes.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Just to let you know that you and Mark are in my thoughts and my best hopes for an easy Thursday ...

🤞

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you so much! I'll have to be up so early, that I might as well stay up all of Wednesday...you know, because I don't get to bed till early morning and I'll have to leave early morning Thursday. GAH!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey where are all our missing Sheddites????????? I know where a few are, but...where is everyone else? Come out, come out wherever you are. Right now! Or else! Or else...well, I don't know what else, but I'll think of something.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Blue Sheditte here lurking in the bushes as back pain is keeping me from being a normal person. Wait, since when was I normal?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lurker # 99.9 here....

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hey where are all our missing Sheddites????????? I know where a few are, but...where is everyone else? Come out, come out wherever you are. Right now! Or else! Or else...well, I don't know what else, but I'll think of something.

Your 'Sergeant At Arms' ready to deal out the punishments to those lacking your desired posting count m'lady. I have some stuff.

Oh, and sorry I was late, I was out shopping.

Bally

edit on 5-11-2019 by bally001 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Well well...

I just woke up, walked from bedroom to living room with one thought in my mind. Coffee. And seems like a lurker dog is there now! He doesn't bark at all, every once in a while he just goes "Shed!.... Shed!..."

He seemed to do just fine without any coffee so i gave him a couple of meatballs and a bowl of water. I think i will call him Charlie.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Good name for a dog. 'Charlie' is the name of one of my pooches.

Bally

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Awwww, I love Charlie! So friggin cute!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Good name for a dog. 'Charlie' is the name of one of my pooches.

Bally

Unreal.

I was thinking about you too when i posted, not only Night Star. And remembered you have dogs. And i thought what if one of those dogs is Charlie too. Honestly.

A little bit scared now

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join