It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: InTheLight

still dont see how that lady being all kinds of excited to go to india in any way shape or form is racist in the slightest but dang if she didnt get ganged up on by the hive mind

On January 7, she blogged excitedly about her upcoming trip to India. She wrote that 2019 would be her “year of color.” She said that as a child, India had fascinated her, and that when an Indian friend’s parents offered to take her with them on a trip, it was “like being offered a seat on a flight to Mars.” She spoke of her trip as if it were the biggest hurdle anyone could jump: “If I can go to India, I can do anything — I’m pretty sure.” Templer, it should be noted, is white.
from your source how in the hell is any of that racist? India is far away and id assume its still expensive to get tickets to go to India as it was when i went with my parents as a youngish kid. how is being fascinated by a different locale,culture,ecosystem and climate (unless she lived in Florida i guess?) racist or any kind of terrible? is it only bad because she happens to be white? think that would say more about the person who wrote the article then the "racist" in question

Did you stop reading? She explains it all, or did you conveniently skip over that part?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Cultish is not a word as far as I know. I used it to describe something akin to that which a cult would do. That describes this torch wielding mob mentality in the numerous articles most accurately.

I appreciate those involved may feel some civic duty born of a sense of moral superiority or some sense of inappropriate guilt. However, calling views other than those you accept as "hate speech" demonstrates no courage and no thought. Ergo, a mob and all that entails is required. Its prevailing views do not stand up to scrutiny.

Getting loud does not take the place of getting it right.

A group which is inclusive does not marginalize or ostracize those with different views. It engages and discusses with them. And this was knitting for Pete's sake. If someone supports the President and someone doesn't, who cares?

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I knew when Ianded I'd find that this thread was heading to epicness, ATS has not disappointed.

Good reading, huh?

link   

I also don't see "mod" anywhere in your job description.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nor will you ever see that...because I am for free speech not hate speech.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Good reading, huh?

Not really, I was being ironic, there's some grandmaster level stupid posting in this thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

And as we've determined ... any speech you hate hearing is hate speech, meaning about 2/3 or more of this site would be gone within half a day because we disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You should just admit that you're okay with censoring those you disagree with.

new-ban-do-not-post-in-support-of-trump-or-his-administration

Just look at the name of the link.. lol

Do you ever see me censoring anybody here? Doesn't happen.

Well that's because you don't have the authority to.

I could only imagine what you'd do if you did, though.

For now you can just continue to report the ones you don't like.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: mobiusmale

Here's the really weird thing, everyone that I know that knits or crochets now is so left leaning you would not even believe it.

Well, not everyone.
Me for instance.
And others I know who knit.

I'm not sure how anyone would conclude a practical craft had politics. O.o

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

because I am for free speech not hate speech.

I'll take 'what is an oxymoron' for $500, Alex.....

link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I actually crochet too. I taught myself to keep my fingers busy so I'd eat less. Normally I'd read a book, but I can hold the book with one hand and munch with the other.

I pointed out earlier that it's become a trendy sort of thing for the youngish set to do, and they do tend to lean left as we know.
edit on 24-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

And as we've determined ... any speech you hate hearing is hate speech, meaning about 2/3 or more of this site would be gone within half a day because we disagree with you.

You are disagreeing with the policies of Ravelry, YouTube and many others who do not allow hate speech in the guise of political opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

because I am for free speech not hate speech.

I'll take 'what is an oxymoron' for $500, Alex.....

You will get the question wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So? As I said up thread, free speech is endagered these days. Hate speech has become the favorite excuse to ban something you disagree with rather than actually being concerned about hatred in the speech itself.

Please ... explain again how "I hope Trump wins." Is hate speech. Please. I've asked several times. You keep deflecting.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You should just admit that you're okay with censoring those you disagree with.

new-ban-do-not-post-in-support-of-trump-or-his-administration

Just look at the name of the link.. lol

Do you ever see me censoring anybody here? Doesn't happen.

Well that's because you don't have the authority to.

I could only imagine what you'd do if you did, though.

For now you can just continue to report the ones you don't like.

Yes, you can only imagine.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
At least they still allow PussyHat projects.
Way to avoid politics on your knitting website, knit-wits.

PussyHat Project

www.ravelry.com...

Ravelry even has a PHat Forum...

We have a Ravelry group if you’d like to chat with other PussyHat makers! Come join us! Posting about the hat somewhere that uses hashtags? Use #pussyhatproject

The PussyHat Project aims to:

Provide the people of the Women’s March on Washington D.C. a means to make a unique collective visual statement which will help activists be better heard.

Let’s come together to support women’s rights in a creative and impactful way.

If you are a knitter who wants to participate in the Women’s March on Washington D.C., but perhaps cannot attend yourself, please consider making a PINK HAT for a person who will be there.

The weather in D.C. that day will be a high of 35-45°F and a low of 15-25°F, so hats will be practically important to keep warm.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So? As I said up thread, free speech is endagered these days. Hate speech has become the favorite excuse to ban something you disagree with rather than actually being concerned about hatred in the speech itself.

Please ... explain again how "I hope Trump wins." Is hate speech. Please. I've asked several times. You keep deflecting.

Please post for me the complete post/thread so I have complete understanding of the conversation and context. Not just a few words, thanks.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Heh, why am I not surprised?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
At least they still allow PussyHat projects.
Way to avoid politics on your knitting website, knit-wits.

PussyHat Project

www.ravelry.com...

Ravelry even has a PHat Forum...

We have a Ravelry group if you’d like to chat with other PussyHat makers! Come join us! Posting about the hat somewhere that uses hashtags? Use #pussyhatproject

The PussyHat Project aims to:

Provide the people of the Women’s March on Washington D.C. a means to make a unique collective visual statement which will help activists be better heard.

Let’s come together to support women’s rights in a creative and impactful way.

If you are a knitter who wants to participate in the Women’s March on Washington D.C., but perhaps cannot attend yourself, please consider making a PINK HAT for a person who will be there.

The weather in D.C. that day will be a high of 35-45°F and a low of 15-25°F, so hats will be practically important to keep warm.

Right, and how does that promote hate?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You posted the justification for the ban which none of us could read aside from the title saying please don't post in support of Trump or the Administration.

And there is a PHat forum.

So please answer my question.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join