It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Q: How do you tell when an organisation or corporation is run by a liberal?
A: Because their policies verses reality are riddled with emotional political hypocrisy.

Good catch

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: InTheLight

You posted the justification for the ban which none of us could read aside from the title saying please don't post in support of Trump or the Administration.

And there is a PHat forum.

So please answer my question.

Provide me with more context, then I will answer your question.
edit on 16CDT06America/Chicago01260630 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: IAMTAT
At least they still allow PussyHat projects.
Way to avoid politics on your knitting website, knit-wits.

PussyHat Project

www.ravelry.com...

Ravelry even has a PHat Forum...

We have a Ravelry group if you’d like to chat with other PussyHat makers! Come join us! Posting about the hat somewhere that uses hashtags? Use #pussyhatproject

The PussyHat Project aims to:

Provide the people of the Women’s March on Washington D.C. a means to make a unique collective visual statement which will help activists be better heard.

Let’s come together to support women’s rights in a creative and impactful way.

If you are a knitter who wants to participate in the Women’s March on Washington D.C., but perhaps cannot attend yourself, please consider making a PINK HAT for a person who will be there.

The weather in D.C. that day will be a high of 35-45°F and a low of 15-25°F, so hats will be practically important to keep warm.

Right, and how does that promote hate?

How does showing support for Trump or his administration promote hate?

(post by InTheLight removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I watched it on feeds and found the whole thing vaguely threatening and hateful despite being a woman myself. They despise me for who and what I am. It's hate and the hats are a symbol of it, much like a certain red hat y'all abhor.

But I don't flip my lid when I see it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The thread justifying the ban has the title about not posting in support of Trump or his administration. That's all the context I can provide based on your broken link.

So I am forced to conclude that you cannot answer without looking bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your take on it is so sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Bwahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha yeah that is why she lost,not her ignoring the rust belt by not campaigning as aggressively there

she lost by having her campaign throw bernie sanders under the bus and pretty much rig the primary (the dnc went to court to argue exactly this)
www.latimes.com... was not sexism either

It was Clinton who called millions of people in this country “deplorables.” It was Clinton who stated that under her administration, coal miners would be put out of work. Abcarian seems to forget these campaign missteps, among others. Clinton’s loss had little to do with her being a woman. She was the wrong woman. The country will be ready for a woman president when she presents herself as someone with sound policy and a vision for the future of our country, not because it's time to elect a woman as president.
i think it was akin to when the republicans added sarah palin to the ticket sure we wouldn't mind a woman just not THAT woman

www.cnn.com...

"We spent, I think, way too much time on our side talking about him," Buttigieg said in an interview with "The Breakfast Club," a New York City-based radio show, which ran Tuesday morning. "Our whole message was don't vote for him because he is terrible. And even because he is, that is not a message."
this sure didnt help either

www.nbcnews.com... this one partially blames comey who i guess dems are still mad that trump fired him even though he too played a factor in clintons downfall
but i guess she could have campaigned more effectively what with loosing several key states by just a few percentage points

"At a maximum, it might have shifted the race by 3 or 4 percentage points toward Donald Trump, swinging Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida to him," Silver wrote. "At a minimum, its impact might have been only a percentage point or so. Still, because Clinton lost Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by less than 1 point, the letter was probably enough to change the outcome of the Electoral College."

trump won because he kept campaigning right up tell the end swung enough undecided voters and generally at that time trump supporters were much quieter and not fans of answering polls which made the bulk of the poll inaccurate come election day and the dems are setting themselves up again for a repeat with endless chants of orange man bad and currently alternating between attacks on trump and throwing each other under the bus to get ready for the debates

trump used Obama's play book to take out Clinton least according to his white house corespondent to the ny times in his book "Obama the call of history"
but sure it was hate all right bwhahahahaahahaha

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The thread justifying the ban has the title about not posting in support of Trump or his administration. That's all the context I can provide based on your broken link.

Not at all, you cannot provide any context for me to make heads or tails out of what you are trying to relay. Neither can you because you don't have all the facts.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: IAMTAT

Q: How do you tell when an organisation or corporation is run by a liberal?
A: Because their policies verses reality are riddled with emotional political hypocrisy.

Good catch

Emotional political hypocrisy goes both ways, from what I can see.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

PussyHat Project

www.ravelry.com...

We have a Ravelry group if you’d like to chat with other PussyHat makers! Come join us! Posting about the hat somewhere that uses hashtags? Use #pussyhatproject

Provide the people of the Women’s March on Washington D.C. a means to make a unique collective visual statement which will help activists be better heard.

If you are a knitter who wants to participate in the Women’s March on Washington D.C., but perhaps cannot attend yourself, please consider making a PINK HAT for a person who will be there.

The weather in D.C. that day will be a high of 35-45°F and a low of 15-25°F, so hats will be practically important to keep warm.

Does Madonna preaching about blowing up the WH at the event Ravelry was promoting....constitute promoting hate and violence by your reckoning?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

PussyHat Project

www.ravelry.com...

Can you post a video of what you are talking about?

Does Madonna preaching about blowing up the WH at the event Ravelry was promoting....constitute promoting hate and violence by your reckoning?

edit on 16CDT06America/Chicago02560630 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

(post by sunkuong removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Ravelry appears to be banning people for their politics....hardly a loving and accepting policy.
I'm disappointed with Ravelry's stand TBH.
Putting everyone who voted for, believes in or likes Trump as a hater.....sounds like bigotry in their part to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Not at all, you cannot provide any context for me to make heads or tails out of what you are trying to relay. Neither can you because you don't have all the facts.

The statement stands - Do not post in support of Trump or his administration sound to me like anything about it is a ban hammer waiting to happen. So do you think "I hope Trump wins" is hate speech?

Is it? It's a simple question.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

PussyHat Project

www.ravelry.com...

Sure...
www.youtube.com...
Complete with her Ravelry PHat.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
@ DTOM - I think they did the right thing, just as many other sites and forums are doing. Perhaps the owners and moderators there know more than you do.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

How is it hate speech? It makes my daughter's gender into something to be objectified. That's hate speech.

If love truly comes from within, who gives a crap about gender? Except to those who politicize EVERYTHING, including what we are born with.

We're currently in an age where penis = BAD, vagina = good.

No wonder we have so many confused children today.
edit on 24-6-2019 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The statement stands - Do not post in support of Trump or his administration sound to me like anything about it is a ban hammer waiting to happen. So do you think "I hope Trump wins" is hate speech?

Is it? It's a simple question.

I still need to read the exchanges between the posters and how that statement was used.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

in this country SCOTUS does and they have repeatedly said hate speech is free speech
firstamendmentwatch.org...

First Amendment expert, Eugene Volokh writes that in Matal v. Tam, also known as the “Slants” case, the “justices made clear that speech that some view as racially offensive is protected not just against outright prohibition but also against lesser restrictions.” For example, Justice Samuel Alito wrote that silencing offensive speech is wrong and that “our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express ‘the thought that we hate’.”

en.wikipedia.org...

Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express "the thought that we hate". United States v. Schwimmer, 279 U. S. 644, 655 (1929) (Holmes, J., dissenting).[11]

This test has been modified very little from its inception in 1969 and the formulation is still good law in the United States. Only speech that poses an imminent danger of unlawful action, where the speaker has the intention to incite such action and there is the likelihood that this will be the consequence of his or her speech, may be restricted and punished by that law.
that is where they draw the line

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join