It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing to ever happen to you or that you've witnessed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

it's called "Vantablack"

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
some background on me, at the time I had 16 year of aircraft experience in the USAF as a maintainer and a flight engineer, Having worked on the B-52, B-1, Kc135, and was an FE on the Awacs.

I walked out of my house at 5 am facing north and I saw lights really low in the sky moving east to west, combination of how low it was and the lights were wrong for any plane I had ever seen.

As it got closer the only way I can describe it would be to look at a picture of an old dirigible that was meant for passengers, I could clearly see 6 lit windows about the size of the aforementioned dirigible. But it had nav lights where wing tips should be, and it was well below 10k feet so I should have heard engines and I heard nothing.

I sat there watching it till I lost sight of it to the west behind the trees, this was about 5 or 6 years back and to this day I have no clue what I saw.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I used to have what seemed like recurring vivid dreams as a child, perhaps around 2nd grade. It would always be the same, me waking up in the middle of the night, to two men that looked like they were wearing suits. One of them was taller and lean, the other short and stocky. It shouldve scared the hell out of me at that age, but I was calm through it. They would only say a few words to me, " Everything is going to be okay", and then I would fade out of consciousness and there would be imagery. One of them was as if I was floating over a field of flowers maybe 6 feet from the ground. The other was much more harsh, a close-up of two pieces of rusted metal just gring into eachother and it was awful. I had those dreams maybe a few more times but they never really felt like dreams, if you know what I mean.

Another, more recent experience was also dream related and most definitely different. I was on a porch behind a house with my girlfriend and she asked me what we were doing. I looked down and saw a jar in my hand and said catching spiders as I saw a small grey one crawling across the wood. She asked where it was and as I turned back toward the spot of the spider to show her, it was gone and I intensely stared at the knot in the wood where it had been and immediately the dream changed. Everything was gone and had become some rainbowy vortex and I had vibrations throughout my body and felt like I was hurtling through space, as if on a roller coaster. I was approaching near the end of the light, and it was getting more intense and I decided I had had enough and forced myself awake. I was then in sleep paralysis for the first time in my life, and I laugh at it now when I remember trying to call her name to help me and I could say was "nuh nuh".

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My vision turned digital. Now i have a pix-elated view of reality. I can now deep dive into this energy field or whatever it is and see patterns, symbols, shapes and organisms with my eyes closed.

Started when i was a kid in dark rooms, seemed to be a static overlaying everything. Then as i got older i started exploring and experimenting, the rabbit hole got deeper than i imagined.

Thought i'd add that i found lots of people on here who see the world in the same way. I'm also married to a psychologist so pretty sure she would have spotted if i was crazy.

I have come to the conclusion i have a higher than normal awareness of phosphenes and am able to analyse them through different stages of the visual cortex by manipulating my thinking and focusing on certain shapes and patterns. The biophoton world is so complex it makes me feel nauseous.
edit on 24/6/19 by Grenade because: added extra sentence

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I got turned into a newt...

...but I got better!

So in the early 80's me an 3 friends of mine were all wandering in the back trails along a long and winding creek. We weren't supposed to be doing that as there was a lot of private propery we had to cross. The location we're talking about is South-Texas, say relatively close to Galveston.

We were in our early teens and one of us was not yet 10. There were all kinds of hazards back in those woods, such as natural hazards, snakes, the occasional red wolfand the most dangerous of all - people.

Anyway, we were wandering back through the woods and the wole area seemed to abruptly change and instead of being light trees and brush it all became dense and overgrown. We stumbled across some kind of concrete rubble that looked like something had been collapsed and broken up. The brush around the entire area had gotten thicker as well.

We were just gonna press forward when from the opposite direction we were facing we were told to get home, to get off the property and we didn't belong.

Years went by and we all still agreed on this and I remember it vividly to this day. It was a tall, clean cut black man on a brown horse. He wore a red, white and tan outfilt, the kind you wore on a hunt in England. Long red coat-tails, black hat and riding crop.

We never heard or saw him ride up and we weren't exclusively facing one direction.

We had never seen anyone dressed like that before and so we scattered and ran. Somehow we had managed to cross to the opposite side of the creek and had to make a long way back aroudn to get to our neighborhood.

It was a weird, scary experience. I wonder if, 30+ years later...any of the others remember it? I lost contact with all them ages ago.

But that was one of many experiences I've had over my lifetime...and one it seems I still remember vividly.

thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Way back when around my early teen years my friends and I use hang out at night near the beach. At this beach was a very old building that no longer had walls or a roof but a foundation that was filled with bushes and weeds. There was no lighting around the immediate around area except what was provided by the moon. There was four of us that would hang out regularly and we would usually hang in one spot somewhat concealed munching on candy and chips.

On this particular evening while sitting in this area something kept getting my attention from the periphery of my left eye. The silhouette appeared to be a large but rounded, it would move up and down while slowly advancing. It did manage to get closer and although I did not hear or see bushes move I became increasingly nervous until I then told my friends to run...and run we did. They didn't see anything but what I do remember is that the shape was not human but rather almost spider or crab like meaning the top was somewhat rounded. The width of whatever it was, was about 4 or 5 feet across and really dark, maybe darker than the surrounding. I would estimate that when we ran whatever it was, was approximately ten feet from us..I'm in my late 40's now and I can still remember it moving up and down towards us. I'm not sure what it was, for all I know it could have been a homeless person in a poncho but it was unsettling to say the least.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

my guess.... The Ham Burgler of McDonalds fame

no pic handy

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I think you mean Grimace

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've had a few weird things happen to me

I once tried to walk back from my local city to the town I stay in.
its about 12 miles i think and i had been out drinking all day and night
anyway I got so far and wasnt sure if I was heading in the right direction
Then I saw a sign to my town across what I thought was a walled of road

I never looked over the wall and thought I was jumping on to a road
never heard any traffic and jumped but when i looked it was a 30FT drop
into the back of warehouses and it was a slanting road that made the drop bigger the further you went

I thought I was going to die or at least break some bones
i curled up into a ball and closed my eyes
when I opened them I was on the ground and never felt the impact

I got up and there wasn't even a mark on me
not a cut, scratch, bruise......Nothing

It was early on a Sunday Morning and the gates to the warehouses were shut
but at the top of the road there was a stack of pallets just high enough to climb out over the wall at a smaller bit

It was as if something had saved me but I don't know what.
Funnily enough I had been reading the John Titor stuff on here
and went looking for some time travel forums and found one and I tried to troll one
saying I was in danger and had traveled from the future and needed help
it was stupid i know

Anyway I have looked for these forums since and they don't exist anymore

Who knows maybe a time traveler saved me, or god maybe Aliens

Who Knows

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: Schmoe1
Two unexplained occurrences for me.

(1) When I was about 12 years old, I came back to my house from playing with friends sometime in the afternoon. There was an ambulance parked out front and it left when I was halfway down the street to my house. I got back and my mom was upset and said my aunt got taken in the ambulance because she was very sick. She ended up passing away at the hospital according to my mom.

A while after this, perhaps months, my cat was laying on my stomach like he always did when I'd go to bed. Behind my headboard was a set of sliding closet doors. His head snapped up to look at the doors, and he sprinted up my chest and launched himself into the doors and ran out of the room. I was freaked out but chalked it up to a schizo cat.

Shortly after that I'm laying in bed drifting off to sleep and I feel that unmistakable feeling of someone sitting on the bed, how it compresses and you kind of sink with it. I was paralyzed with fear for I don't know how long, but finally worked up the nerve to go downstairs and sleep on the couch, which I ended up doing for a long time.

Not until years later, my mom admitted that my aunt had passed away in the house. I don't know if it was her saying goodbye, but a different way would have been appreciated.

(2) I worked in a machine shop at nights when I was in my mid-twenties. I smoked cigarettes and would go outside to stargaze while I did it. I've always been a stargazer, it calms and relaxes me.

I've seen satellites before, they just appear to be "slow" moving stars. This object I saw looked like a satellite, about the same size but maybe a bit brighter. It moved steadily for a short amount of time but then moved in a way I can only describe as pulsing. It was a quick acceleration/stop acceleration/stop many times until it disappeared from my line of sight behind a building. Grabbing my phone to record didn't even occur to me because I was so intrigued by what it could have possibly been.
:

Schmoe, I have also seen that! I reported it on here. The first thing that came to my mind was a nuclear pulse drive or something of that sort. Purely baseless speculation to be clear.

In any case, like you I watch the sky and I have never seen that since or before. I watched it for a long time, probably 5 minutes. None of the guys in aircraft forum had a good explanation if I recall.

Super excited to see another report.

I, too, made a thread on here about what I saw, more than likely under a different username because I'm scramble brained and forget logins and emails.

My thread didn't go anywhere, and nobody else has seen what I saw until you. Is my description exactly what you saw? What appeared to be a satellite on "pulse drive"?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: love2amuse
This is not a story, it's verifiable. I have been communicating in a publicly verifiable way with a being who is more than human, according to the multiple synchronicities we experience every day in our communication code. When I explain this phenomena to someone in person, they understand very well, but when I send out this research online, I don't get the same confirmation. I assume readers who take the time to look at all these messages are terrified and don't have anything to say at this time?

Here is a Reddit post introducing the Media Poem blog: www.reddit.com...

A recent video interview: www.youtube.com...

The latest video about MK Ultra: www.youtube.com...

And up to the minutes tweets: twitter.com...

If you click on my Reddit name, you'll see some of my interactions with the people on Reddit's r/conspiracy forum: www.reddit.com...

Best regards,

Catherine Brown

Just been reading this. This all seems like one hell of a stretch to me

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Ah just noticed my post, posted like 5 times. Mods if at all possible, could you remove the lesser ones to clean up this thread.

Seemed your website freaked out when I posted.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeautifulHand
Thank you for making this topic. I think this is my best opportunity to find out what does the hand mean when I saw it during my childhood.

When I was young about 6-9 years I saw a hand touch a big wooden pole (that supported the house foundation) near the kitchen in Vietnam. Before seeing that hand I was hungry and playing far away from the house about 1,000 ft to 2,000 ft. I wanted to go home to find something to eat. We were poor back then ( the year around 1994-1997) we didn't have a kitchen like here in America. Here is the picture look similar to the one we used to have. ( I can't upload by using my phone, I will do it later, so bare with me and visualize them.) So I ran home to the kitchen to find something to eat. I was squatting down and try to get reheat the food because the stove was on the ground. I don't think I had a chance to light up to reheat then I saw a hand touched a wooden pole that supported the house. The kitchen stove was very close to the wooden pole. The wooden pole size similar to a small electrical utility pole nowadays in America. The hand looked like a female hand but no nails painted about people in the thirties. I wasn't scared at first because it didn't look scary and I thought someone was pranking on me, so I looked outside while squatting down, but no one was outside! I was scared at that moment so I tried to turn my body to grab a knife to chop it but once I swiftly turned back the hand was gone ( it took me like 4-6 seconds to turn my body around to get a knife and turned back) The wall were old and damaged and made out of bamboo in similar knitting pattern one under the other so I can tell if someone were hidding behind it or not. ( I will upload the picture that I found on Google) I was so scared I sprinted out the house. I remember clearly that day was sunny! Do you think I was hungry to make me hallucinated an image of a hand? I don't think so, if that were the case then why I wouldn't hallucinated food?

Your story of the disembodied hand reminds me of this Biblical Story about Daniel.

Daniel 5 New International Version (NIV)
The Writing on the Wall
5 King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for a thousand of his nobles and drank wine with them. 2 While Belshazzar was drinking his wine, he gave orders to bring in the gold and silver goblets that Nebuchadnezzar his father had taken from the temple in Jerusalem, so that the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines might drink from them. 3 So they brought in the gold goblets that had been taken from the temple of God in Jerusalem, and the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines drank from them. 4 As they drank the wine, they praised the gods of gold and silver, of bronze, iron, wood and stone.

5 Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace. The king watched the hand as it wrote. 6 His face turned pale and he was so frightened that his legs became weak and his knees were knocking.

7 The king summoned the enchanters, astrologers and diviners. Then he said to these wise men of Babylon, “Whoever reads this writing and tells me what it means will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around his neck, and he will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom.”

8 Then all the king’s wise men came in, but they could not read the writing or tell the king what it meant. 9 So King Belshazzar became even more terrified and his face grew more pale. His nobles were baffled.

10 The queen,[c] hearing the voices of the king and his nobles, came into the banquet hall. “May the king live forever!” she said. “Don’t be alarmed! Don’t look so pale! 11 There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners. 12 He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”

13 So Daniel was brought before the king, and the king said to him, “Are you Daniel, one of the exiles my father the king brought from Judah? 14 I have heard that the spirit of the gods is in you and that you have insight, intelligence and outstanding wisdom. 15 The wise men and enchanters were brought before me to read this writing and tell me what it means, but they could not explain it. 16 Now I have heard that you are able to give interpretations and to solve difficult problems. If you can read this writing and tell me what it means, you will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around your neck, and you will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom.”

17 Then Daniel answered the king, “You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else. Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means

18 “Your Majesty, the Most High God gave your father Nebuchadnezzar sovereignty and greatness and glory and splendor. 19 Because of the high position he gave him, all the nations and peoples of every language dreaded and feared him. Those the king wanted to put to death, he put to death; those he wanted to spare, he spared; those he wanted to promote, he promoted; and those he wanted to humble, he humbled. 20 But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. 21 He was driven away from people and given the mind of an animal; he lived with the wild donkeys and ate grass like the ox; and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he acknowledged that the Most High God is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and sets over them anyone he wishes.

22 “But you, Belshazzar, his son,[d] have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this. 23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways. 24 Therefore he sent the hand that wrote the inscription.

25 “This is the inscription that was written:

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

26 “Here is what these words mean:

Mene[e]: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

27 Tekel[f]: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

28 Peres[g]: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

29 Then at Belshazzar’s command, Daniel was clothed in purple, a gold chain was placed around his neck, and he was proclaimed the third highest ruler in the kingdom.

30 That very night Belshazzar, king of the Babylonians,[h] was slain, 31 and Darius the Mede took over the kingdom, at the age of sixty-two.

edit on 24-6-2019 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jun 27 2019 by Jbird because: bb code

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello, I've been reading ATS for years with great intrest. Mainly because I've experienced some different unexplainible events during my lifespan so far. So I thought this subject would be a good start to share and get your view on what I withnessed.

I live in a small coastal town in southern part of Sweden. I have a small recreation cottage near the sea located alone in the middle of the forest. The hut is totaly off grid, with no electricity.

I lived in the hut for a couple of months, when I was in a divorce, between August and September last year.

Now lets cut to the chase. I was returning home in the middle of the night, aprox at 10 pm. I was pitch black in the forest and when I entered the hut it was so dark that I couldnt see the hand in front of me. I reached for the battery powered LED-lamp that was hanging from the roof in the room. But I couldnt find it because of the dark. For a few seconds I was grasping and searching for the lamp, that would start if just manage to find it and pull it to ignite it.

Suddely when I fumbled and maybe swore some, light appeared. NOT from the LED-lamp I was trying to start, but from a flashlight lying on a table further in the room.

It felt strange and shocking, but not creepy or made me feel afraid. I felt like SOMETHING was helping me out, in the situation I was in. It is a premium LED-flashlight in the $50 price range, IP68 class, that was quite new at the time and it had worked flawless, until then and ever since.

It might have been some poltergeist of some kind. A helpful and friendly one. I never experienced something like that before, or after what happend that night. Thanks for reading.
edit on 24-6-2019 by Hellacopter because: Misspelling

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They go out for a bit because either the lamp or the ballast is going bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Reocurring elder voice in my head speaking weird, ancient sounding laungauge and nausea everytime it was about to happen. It all started when I was around 16 and stopped when I was 20. I had rehab therapy years later and I told psychiatrist about it but she ruled out any diseases.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logiciel
a reply to: underwerks

it's called "Vantablack"

So black you need a licence to use it. He was right about classified hues! Like something out of a Terry Pratchett novel!

Not even low level Wizards are allowed access to this shade of black.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I gave you your first star and flag in here. I've had some strange experiences, but I don't know if I want to share them...yet.

We're still waiting... but no obligation, only if you freely wish to share. Thanks in advance if you do though. : )

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think it's strange that every post is now in italic.

Keep 'em coming people! This has been GREAT! the sharing of these stories - AWESOME! Thank you so much to all who've shared.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
I think it's strange that every post is now in italic.

Keep 'em coming people! This has been GREAT! the sharing of these stories - AWESOME! Thank you so much to all who've shared.

This scared the # out of me haha

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join