It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing to ever happen to you or that you've witnessed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Without a doubt the strangest thing to ever happen to me is being born into this world.

I've witnessed since then constant dissapointment in my heart and soul at the general behavior of humanity, no matter how hard i look for the positives people generally more often than not are unreliable.

Even when you meet someone you think may actually be different - soon enough (boom) they show humanities true colors.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well I wanna stay away for "spiritual" or things alike a lost loved one because everyone has those moments. A few years ago around8 AM ET, me and my buddy on his deck smoking a cig, looking over boston harbor, we see three black objects clearly in sync but not one piece, flying up and out into the fog coming from the harbor. We only had time to look for around 5-10 seconds, not enough time to be like yo check this! To my other friends.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Parking lot lights go out when I'm parked under one. Been happening for 20+ years. Doesn't freak me out any more, but it would be nice to know WHY.

Me to....I can work it like a rented mule now....on sympathetic lights/streetlight on and off at will....your pineal gland is not calcified.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In the fall 2007 my wife and I were vacationing in Rome with out a care in the world. It was a beautiful, happy day, we were on a tour of the monuments, strolling along the forum and listening to our very attractive tour guide babbling about history.
I was overcome with an intense anxiety attack. I had to sit down for a few minutes. I turned to my wife and said, “ a long time ago, I think I died here.” Since that occurred I have often wondered about that time in Rome? Is reincarnation real or even possible? I hadn’t had anxiety attacks before. Could I have actually have stepped on my own grave?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

To set this up, one city will be mentioned, Columbia, SC.

I had just got home on a Friday night from tech school in the fall of '73. 3 more months and I would get an associates in Electronics Engineering. My mother and three younger sisters had left for the local high school football game where the oldest of my three younger sisters was a cheerleader. I had just finished my supper that had been left out for me and settled down to watch the nightly news at 6:30. Whoomp, the power went out.

Knowing a little bit about the local power grid, I went outside to see if the fuse on the pole had blown. When I got to the road I saw some of my neighbors had come out, too. No one on the block had power. My best friends father who was the district manager of the main power company in the area came flying up, stopped and said get in, we have problems. My best friend had been in the Marine Corps about two years then and I was the surrogate son to his father and often rode with him on trouble calls.

What happened, I asked, another 18 wheeler accident? Nope, he said, we have power to the sub-station 1 city but none past that. SS1C was 20 miles away and received its 120KV directly from the steam generating plant. We got to SS1C in no time and assessed what was going on. Power to it and power was leaving and getting to sub-station 2, 10 miles back up the circuit. A technician had just arrived at SS2C and said that it was receiving 120KV but no 44KV. The way the circuits were set up was that 120KV ran to the end of the line to a fourth sub-station and then returned from a transformer back down the line on a separate circuit as 44KV. The end of the line sub-station will be known as SS4C, 8 miles from SS3C where I lived.

The radio dispatcher came on the radio stating he had reset all the automatic reclosures (circuit breakers) and was ready to "shoot" the line again meaning that an approximately .5 second 120KV pulse would be initiated to see if the line had cleared. All the technicians at each sub had radioed in they were clear and the line was "shot". The dispatcher then said that he had never seen the lines act this way before and couldn't identify the problem. "B" the manager and I decide to ride the line and look for the usual tree on the line of one of the three phases.

We got to sub 2 and found the tech there, very perplexed, and he said that the power pulse came but didn't make it to sub 3, my home town. We went to several dirt roads and looked as far as we could see down the line, but didn't see anything as the dispatcher "shot" the line several more times. By this time they had the helicopter in Columbia warming up.

He and I then proceeded on to our hometown SS3 and on a whim, I suggested driving down a dirt road near town where the line crossed and check it from there since it was on a hill. We turned down the road which crossed a pond dam before coming to a sharp curve and then the power line.

As we exited the curve and entered the power line right of way, a torrent of sparks went every where under and above the 120KV power line as a ghostly looking greyish arm pulled up off of the power line and into a very low hanging cloud. Almost immediately, the dispatcher announced "Line clear".

We looked at each other and he said "I won't say anything if you won't".
edit on 6/23/2019 by NightFlight because: further thoughts...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I gave you your first star and flag in here. I've had some strange experiences, but I don't know if I want to share them...yet.

Please, Night Star. Have pity on us mortals.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First, I would like to say thank you for this thread,it's a nice change of pace from the political b.s. swamping the boards..

I have a few odd occurrences but I will share a quick one..

When I was younger we lived in Connecticut, and both sets of grandparents lived in Jersey.

Tom's river and Bricktown to be exact.

Every summer me and my sister would spend a week each with our grandparents, she would stay with one set for a week and I the other for a week then swap for the second week. (We tried visiting them together for a week but we would argue to much.)

I was thirteen years old taking a bath,my father's father was at work walking the beat in Elizabeth,and my grandmother was in the kitchen.

I started having insane chest palpitations, as if my heart was beating out of my chest like in the old cartoons. It lasted about thirty seconds then faded
(Remember I'm 13 with no heart problems).

As soon as they stopped completely I got dried and dressed and went into the kitchen where my father's mother was on the phone talking to my parents in Connecticut, it turns out that my mother's father had a stroke just a few minutes earlier..

The exact time I was having those palpitations...

Coincidence? I don't know but it freaked me out..

On a side note he survived the stroke

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've had a few creepy things happen while I worked for the Medical Investigator . Ghost type stuff. But the ones that blew my mind are the few UFO experiences. 2 of them were very close up.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was in a book store once, back when I was in my late teens. I'd been reading a lot of Colin Wilson, who wrote both fiction and on the occult, and that was the section I was browsing that afternoon. These shelves were slanted, so lower in the back than in the front, and with the covers facing out. I was still standing a good two feet from the shelf while one set of books on the top shelf began popping off one at a time in quick succession and falling onto the floor. I caught the clerk staring, and he, too, had seen that I had not touched any of these books. I was so spooked-and I don't spook easily- that I left the store. Didn't even catch what book it was that had leapt out at me.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Two unexplained occurrences for me.

(1) When I was about 12 years old, I came back to my house from playing with friends sometime in the afternoon. There was an ambulance parked out front and it left when I was halfway down the street to my house. I got back and my mom was upset and said my aunt got taken in the ambulance because she was very sick. She ended up passing away at the hospital according to my mom.

A while after this, perhaps months, my cat was laying on my stomach like he always did when I'd go to bed. Behind my headboard was a set of sliding closet doors. His head snapped up to look at the doors, and he sprinted up my chest and launched himself into the doors and ran out of the room. I was freaked out but chalked it up to a schizo cat.

Shortly after that I'm laying in bed drifting off to sleep and I feel that unmistakable feeling of someone sitting on the bed, how it compresses and you kind of sink with it. I was paralyzed with fear for I don't know how long, but finally worked up the nerve to go downstairs and sleep on the couch, which I ended up doing for a long time.

Not until years later, my mom admitted that my aunt had passed away in the house. I don't know if it was her saying goodbye, but a different way would have been appreciated.

(2) I worked in a machine shop at nights when I was in my mid-twenties. I smoked cigarettes and would go outside to stargaze while I did it. I've always been a stargazer, it calms and relaxes me.

I've seen satellites before, they just appear to be "slow" moving stars. This object I saw looked like a satellite, about the same size but maybe a bit brighter. It moved steadily for a short amount of time but then moved in a way I can only describe as pulsing. It was a quick acceleration/stop acceleration/stop many times until it disappeared from my line of sight behind a building. Grabbing my phone to record didn't even occur to me because I was so intrigued by what it could have possibly been.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I do not get much time to post on this site now but often read and this is a good article to grasp what people are often seeing without actually sharing it with others. It is good to document everything, so this was refreshing to read.

The one main thing that happened to me and I have posted on here before was when I lived with my mother.

It was late at night about 10:00pm and she was taking the rubbish out to the bins. I was inside playing computer games and my mum came into the house, bottom of the stairs and shouted up to me in a very confused kind of questioning voice, can I basically come to her and look at something. I would normally as a young lad would, say, give me a minute but when she said it as she did, I stopped and went to her, down stairs and followed her into the garden.

I was stood outside and asked, what is it? As I asked I noticed, in the sky above the back garden of the house a very bright orb just floating there. Having read articles about UFOs and various sightings I instantly tried to explain it away to my mum, like, its the moon, its a bright star but instantly I confirmed to myself. I did not know.

As I stood there it was hovering, fairly high up maybe 20ft maybe little more. No sound, no wind out that night, no movement up down left or right. I stood there and really had no idea what to say to explain it. I thought right ill do what we all always hope someone will do, I run back to my room to grab my phone and film it as I get back outside, I film it and instantly get so fed up at the fact it just looked like a laser pen on a black sheet, the phone was terrible Sony Ericsson and did not show what I was clearly seeing. As I moved it out my way as I thought well, I have nothing else to film it with. I just looked at it and it then slowly went away. Dissolved. Like did not seem to go up or down, just faded away.

One main feeling I got when I went to stand and look at it was ominous, like actually I should not have been there. Almost like it made me want to look away and walk off.

link   
I do not get much time to post on this site now but often read and this is a good article to grasp what people are often seeing without actually sharing it with others. It is good to document everything, so this was refreshing to read.

The one main thing that happened to me and I have posted on here before was when I lived with my mother.

It was late at night about 10:00pm and she was taking the rubbish out to the bins. I was inside playing computer games and my mum came into the house, bottom of the stairs and shouted up to me in a very confused kind of questioning voice, can I basically come to her and look at something. I would normally as a young lad would, say, give me a minute but when she said it as she did, I stopped and went to her, down stairs and followed her into the garden.

I was stood outside and asked, what is it? As I asked I noticed, in the sky above the back garden of the house a very bright orb just floating there. Having read articles about UFOs and various sightings I instantly tried to explain it away to my mum, like, its the moon, its a bright star but instantly I confirmed to myself. I did not know.

As I stood there it was hovering, fairly high up maybe 20ft maybe little more. No sound, no wind out that night, no movement up down left or right. I stood there and really had no idea what to say to explain it. I thought right ill do what we all always hope someone will do, I run back to my room to grab my phone and film it as I get back outside, I film it and instantly get so fed up at the fact it just looked like a laser pen on a black sheet, the phone was terrible Sony Ericsson and did not show what I was clearly seeing. As I moved it out my way as I thought well, I have nothing else to film it with. I just looked at it and it then slowly went away. Dissolved. Like did not seem to go up or down, just faded away.

One main feeling I got when I went to stand and look at it was ominous, like actually I should not have been there. Almost like it made me want to look away and walk off.

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Flying through the Australian outback, i'd have to pull my logbook out but I think it would have been 2007.

About 0200, over the desert in the vicinity of Woomera, on a clear as night. Happened to look up at what myself and the other pilot thought was a meteorite streaking across the sky, until the rather large object suddenly split in two, with each part immediately moving off a right angles to the original path of travel. So if the main object was moving on a heading of 360° the 2 parts it separated into moved off at 90° and 270­° with no remaining part traveling along the original heading. The object was traveling at a pretty decent rate of knots. Nothing specific about the shape, just that it was a very intense white light orb.

On this same trip not long after we sighted these objects a powerful "search light" (like what you would expect to see on a helicopter) appeared over Woomera, low on the horizon (we were in cruise at about 9500ft) this light slowly rotated, for another light to appear as soon as the first one stopped, only this one was over the nearby town of Pimba doing the same thing. The lights would hover in position then rotate away before appearing over the other town. We did a general radio broadcast as we initially thought the Woomera light was a helicopter, but we got no reply. Nothing showed on TCAS (although this would only work if the object was utilising a Transponder and it was on). This happened for about 20min as we passed through the area.

Second one, again another night flight only this time I was solo, I was shadowed by an object, 3 white lights in a rough triangle pattern. It sat off my left wingtip, although I have no way of telling how close or far away it was as I had no external frame to reference it too. This object would suddenly disappear only to reappear on my opposite wingtip, again shadowing my position and heading changes. No noise, but I did frequently get a skin crawling sensation when ever the object changed sides. This object shadowed me for a good hour before I lost it as I entered cloud.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Back in the early 90s a mufon branch in Florida claimed that there would be a sighting of a ufo in a certain day in a park in south Florida. I was very young and curious, although doubtfull anything would happen. Ironically that day I went to visit one of my aunts who lives close to that park, when I was driving back home I saw there was still a large group there so decided to take a look for myself. Speaking to a few of the people they told me nothing had happened but they said that some news channels had been in the park for a few hours but after a while left. It must have been about 3-5 pm, some people had binoculars and as it was I had my binoculars with me as well. Someone started yelling that they saw something, and as that person pointed to where it was more and more people saw it. I scanned the sky with my binoculars and saw it. It was really high and it looked almost as if the outside was full of moving mirrors because it would catch the light of the sun but the light was always moving. It stood still the whole time. It had no wings, and no engines that I could see but it looked like the top half of a bell. I know that it was windy up there because clouds moved faster than other calmer days.

More or less it looked like this.

Someone was next to me who didn't have binoculars, so I lend him mine and after he looked at it I asked him what he saw. That person described in his own words what I saw.

It stood there for several minutes, and eventually clouds started to move towards it, and a few seconds or so after the clouds blocked it from our view and moved away it wasn't there anymore. We didn't see it move at all. Everyone scanned the sky and no one saw it move or how it left.

Some dude that was there, he had smaller binoculars than me, and when people started talking to each other describing what we all saw this dude just said "it was a balloon." I told him it didn't look like any balloon and it didn't move despite the fact that clouds were moving fast he yelled saying "it was a balloon" and stormed off.

It was no balloon, and it wasn't any plane I have ever seen.

Anyway, I had a couple more sightings while I was in the military but in those sightings the bright light moved.
There was another time i was getting off work late at night and I saw light moving extremely fast in the night sky and then it seemed like the light went off. I have seen shooting stars and this thing didn't look or behaved as one.

However, my own parents also witnessed a ufo in Miami Florida, and they had been skeptics most of their lives. What they told me is that one night they were going home from visiting some friends and they saw an object appear over a smallish baseball/footbal park. It descended until it was big to their eyes about 15 feet in circumference more or less. It was somewhat oval but more roundish than oval. It stood still for a time, maybe looking for something or someone. My father stopped the car and they got off to look at it better and then it just took off super fast upwards.

This is more or less what they both say they saw.

The circles at the bottom were lights.

edit on 23-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Waking up in the middle of the night , seeing "blue elctricty" lines flowing all over my bedroom. I suddenly hear a voice with 2 sentences, but cant remember what those sentences were. Ever since my life has been a rollercoaster ride. And only recently calmed down giving me a purpose. But strangely i feel , that whatever happened in that night was the greatest gift i received.

End of story

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
One day my wife and I was walking down the street.
And at the same time we both saw,
what we can only describe as a sparkling shiny spiral in the sky,
about the size of a basketball.
It caught both our eyes,
And it was about the height of power lines.
it was was only for a split second and it was gone.
We both looked at eachother at the same time and said "did you see that?" Lol.
We both seen it so we know it was real and really happened, but to this day have never figured out what it was.

I do have some theories though.

It could have been a small
black hole/vortex of some kind?

It was definitely something super natural, or spiritual, or some kind of natural rare phenomenon we don't know about.

but it was very weird indeed

Maybe it was Dr. Strange trying to come threw with his sling ring LOL because thats kinda what it looked like just smaller like when he didn't know how to do it and he was trying to make it work lol

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I had something happen to me when I was 32 years of age. I went to sleep on a Tuesday night at my usual time which was 9:00 p.m. so that I could get up early the next morning for work. At around 11:30 p.m. I woke up with my face just inches from the ceiling which are about 9 feet above the ground. As soon as I realized I was 6 feet above my bed I fall and hit the bed hard breaking the frame and breaking my arm, being badly injured I called 911, but being afraid in being labeled crazy I didn't tell them how I broke my arm. The next day I rented an apartment and put the house up for sale only to return to get my things out and never looked back. When I went back to get my things the wooden boards in the frame were snapped in two and the medal bars were bent down the middle. I kept this story to myself for many years and it feels good to get off my chest. I don't believe in ghost nor do I believe in Aliens but at the same time I have no logical explanation how this even happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join