It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing to ever happen to you or that you've witnessed?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodymm

I would like to hear the second part. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I was about twelve years old I grabbed a tall glass out of the cabinet to fill with ice and water. I had been outside messing around and I was very thirsty. I got a tray of ice from the freezer and started to put the ice into the glass. I had a habit of jamming the ice down into the glass with the palm of my right hand. This time however the glass broke and my hand went down towards the bottom of the glass. Three long shards of glass still connected to the bottom of the glass came up right between my fingers like daggers. I was just waiting to see the blood and feel the pain of the glass cutting through my hand and fingers. The strange part is I did not get a scratch on my palm or fingers. Needless to say I never again tried to force ice into a glass. Was it luck or divine intervention? Pick one because I have no idea. I am just grateful.
edit on 25-6-2019 by flyonthewall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Share?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: BeautifulHand

Your story of the disembodied hand reminds me of this Biblical Story about Daniel.

Daniel 5 New International Version (NIV)
The Writing on the Wall
5 King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for a thousand of his nobles and drank wine with them. 2 While Belshazzar was drinking his wine, he gave orders to bring in the gold and silver goblets that Nebuchadnezzar his father had taken from the temple in Jerusalem, so that the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines might drink from them. 3 So they brought in the gold goblets that had been taken from the temple of God in Jerusalem, and the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines drank from them. 4 As they drank the wine, they praised the gods of gold and silver, of bronze, iron, wood and stone.

5 Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace. The king watched the hand as it wrote. 6 His face turned pale and he was so frightened that his legs became weak and his knees were knocking.

7 The king summoned the enchanters, astrologers and diviners. Then he said to these wise men of Babylon, “Whoever reads this writing and tells me what it means will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around his neck, and he will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom.”

8 Then all the king’s wise men came in, but they could not read the writing or tell the king what it meant. 9 So King Belshazzar became even more terrified and his face grew more pale. His nobles were baffled.

10 The queen,[c] hearing the voices of the king and his nobles, came into the banquet hall. “May the king live forever!” she said. “Don’t be alarmed! Don’t look so pale! 11 There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners. 12 He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”

13 So Daniel was brought before the king, and the king said to him, “Are you Daniel, one of the exiles my father the king brought from Judah? 14 I have heard that the spirit of the gods is in you and that you have insight, intelligence and outstanding wisdom. 15 The wise men and enchanters were brought before me to read this writing and tell me what it means, but they could not explain it. 16 Now I have heard that you are able to give interpretations and to solve difficult problems. If you can read this writing and tell me what it means, you will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around your neck, and you will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom.”

17 Then Daniel answered the king, “You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else. Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means

18 “Your Majesty, the Most High God gave your father Nebuchadnezzar sovereignty and greatness and glory and splendor. 19 Because of the high position he gave him, all the nations and peoples of every language dreaded and feared him. Those the king wanted to put to death, he put to death; those he wanted to spare, he spared; those he wanted to promote, he promoted; and those he wanted to humble, he humbled. 20 But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. 21 He was driven away from people and given the mind of an animal; he lived with the wild donkeys and ate grass like the ox; and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he acknowledged that the Most High God is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and sets over them anyone he wishes.

22 “But you, Belshazzar, his son,[d] have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this. 23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways. 24 Therefore he sent the hand that wrote the inscription.

25 “This is the inscription that was written:

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

26 “Here is what these words mean:

Mene[e]: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

27 Tekel[f]: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

28 Peres[g]: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”
29 Then at Belshazzar’s command, Daniel was clothed in purple, a gold chain was placed around his neck, and he was proclaimed the third highest ruler in the kingdom.
30 That very night Belshazzar, king of the Babylonians,[h] was slain, 31 and Darius the Mede took over the kingdom, at the age of sixty-two.

Thank you for replying! I think I found the answer from your reply. I have been bad luck since the day I was born! I think this is the turning life event for me. I read your whole text, then I stumbled across those words "mene, mene, tekel, parsin" then I read the meanings in your text. Those meanings are meaningful but I want a clearer answer, so I use my knowledge then google scramble word and found a website call www.hanginghyena.com. I type down those word " mene, mene, tekel, parsin," to scramble. I skimmed through some words and didn't make sense. Then something came to my head, I like number 10 and that number associates a lot of things in my lofe such as came to America when I was 10, dropped out of school in 10th grade. That made me think to look at word of lenght 10 then I count down to the tenth word from top to bottom on the left column and found the word lineament. I didn't know what it meant so I googled again to get the meaning " a distinctive feature or characteristic, especially of the face. I used my knowledge again to form a hand and face together; therefore, I googled hand with face and found a facepalm wikipedia page. Lol I saw the statue of a facepalm and read through some meanings. My knowledge to me to google hand with eyes then I found the Hamsa- Eikipedia page. I read it and found the answer! This is coincidence to your story because hamsa early use has been traced to ancient Mesopotamia ( modern-day Iraq.)Babylon is the most famous city from ancient Mesopotamia! Let's get back to hamsa, it means to provide defense agianst the evil eye. "The evil eye is a curse or legend nelieved to be cast by q malevolent glare, usually given to a person when they are unaware. Many cultures believe that receiving the evil eye will cause misfortune or injury.[1] Talismans created to protect against the evil eye are also frequently called "evil eyes".[2][3] -wikipedia ( evil eye.) Hence, I have to create a hamsa to make my life straight out. By the way there is a game call Second Life trademark icon hand with eyes.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BeautifulHand

"Although significant in Arabic and Berber culture, the Jewish people have long interpreted and adopted the symbol of the hand with great importance since the Ten Commandments. A portion of these commandments state that "Lord took Israel out of Egypt with a strong hand and an outstretched arm".[28] The "strong hand" is representative of the hamsa which rooted its relevance in the community then. The helping hand exemplified God's willingness to help his people and direct them out of struggle. Around the time of the Byzantine period, artists would depict God's hand reaching from up above.[29] God's hand from heaven would lead the Jewish people out of struggle, and the Jews quickly made a connection with the hamsa and their culture. The hand was identified in Jewish text, and acquired as an influential icon throughout the community.

Amongst the Jewish people, the hamsa is a very respected, holy, and common symbol. It is used in the Ketubah, or marriage contracts, as well as items that dress the Torah such as pointers, and the Passover Haggadah.[30] The use of the hand as images both in and out of the synagogue suggests the importance and relevance that the Jewish people associated with the hamsa. The hand decorated some of the most religious and divine objects and has since emerged from its uncommon phase." en.m.wikipedia.org... ( Jew)

This is so weird! Some how it links back to his biblical story about Daniel.

edit on 25-6-2019 by BeautifulHand because: forgot to provide source

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BeautifulHand
I just found this interesting to end the war between Jewish and Palestinian or Muslim culture. Both of them share some connections about hamsa, why not end the violent there with hamsa signs?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I heard a story from someone who said they were in a burning building and a disembodied hand was there pointing the way to escape or they would have been killed.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: flyonthewall

divine intervention and maybe to give you a hint to the outside realm of reality

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I heard from my lineman teacher that he saw the devil face in the flame once he was a fire fighter. He also saw a UFO with his students. That's interesting to know.

edit on 25-6-2019 by BeautifulHand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well I had a weird experience and wrote it down here!
ATS

But right now i would say the tread itself is the weirdest thing i witnessed.

I think everybody could learn something there!!!

Still No Clue

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I went for a vascetimy,my doc said you won't have kids anymore.
I went home and they were still there.
Weird!

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
How about I just let you see it.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

This will be a bit long.

Around two weeks later I began to have strange patterns that my consciousness was drawn to, meaning there were three things that my mind kept seeing. Things started on a Wednesday and the patterns were of the word travel, the color orange and the color blue. I would see these things everywhere: billboards, computer screens, people would say the words, etc. everywhere I turned. It’s hard to describe, but it was some synchronicity that was occurring and I had no idea why. I almost felt I was losing my mind but deep down I knew I was being led. So Friday rolls around and I’m planning to grill a couple steaks And have a couple beers and just relax. I had a roommate at the time and he was always a dear friend. I go to the store, pick up the steaks, and walk to the beer isle. This is in October where I live in Tennessee and the first beer I see is called Traveller, it’s a pumpkin flavored beer (orange). It actually sounded pretty gross but the fact that two patterns I had been having showed up I grabbed the six pack and went home. When I get home there is a magazine on the table that my friend had left. On the front cover I saw there was an article called The Profit (remember this for later in the story). I don’t usually read magazines but this article just kept grabbing my attention so I read it. It was nothing special, just an article about some TV show. I don’t watch tv though.

The night goes by as normal but I felt like I was entering some sort of flow that I couldn’t explain. The following morning I had plans to go to the public library to get some books on theosophy (mainly Blavatsky). I didn’t know what time the downtown library opened, I just left around 9:30 and figured it would be open. I’m cruising with the windows down and get downtown, but I can’t find it, so I park. As I’m parked I hear church bells which makes think of Church St. it clicks and I drove over to church st and the library is right there. I park, walk up to the front steps, but as I’m walking I pass a gentleman who catches my attention. I just look over and give a friendly smile and quick hello. I proceed to the front steps and it’s 9:57, library opens at 10:00. It was perfect timing somehow. The doors are still locked so I sit on the front steps and I’m peering down at this guy that I had passed. At this moment, my heart drops because he is wearing a huge blue hikers pack and he is wearing a bright orange florescent hat. Immediately my mind thinks “traveller”. Three patterns I had been having converge to a person.

I knew unequivocally I was to introduce myself but he was a complete stranger and I was a bit of an introvert. I worked up my courage and introduced myself. I told him, “life tells me I was meant to meet you”, and he replies with a simple smile and nod as if he already knew. I begin speaking to him and he tells me he had been walking the Appalachian trail for three months and that he seeks like minded people to assist them in their journey here. He had been homeless and didn’t have a shower for quite sometime so he was quite ripe lol. He intrigued me though the more I talked to him. He tells me that he is looking for a bus ride home to Tampa where he lived but he didn’t have any money. I go and get him $60 bucks for his ticket but said that I needed help finding some books in the library. He leads me to the section I need, and as I’m speaking with him I’m becoming more and more drawn to the beauty in his words. It’s hard to describe but he was very different and to the point. Like he would only speak to the root of matters. I wanted to dissect his mind and since we were in a library I ask him, “what’s one book that impacted your life the deepest.” He tells me about a book called The Prophet by Khalil Gibran (Don’t forget the article I had read the night prior). I go to the front desk and ask if they have the book, lo and behold the librarian states they have one copy and it had just arrived that morning. I was shocked, she hands me the book fresh, clean, and unread. Brand damn new and had arrived on a Saturday? So the gentleman I had met, his name was Edgar Santiago, and he was a true and tried Buddhist monk. On a whole different level of thought. He tells me his bus does not leave until Monday so I tell him he can spend the weekend at my place for a bed, shower, and hot meal as long as I can dig into his psyche and garnish what I need from him. Life had obviously led me to him and somehow deep down I had connected with him emotionally three days prior to meeting him. That weekend he teaches me about the art of listening through simple meditation. No frills, no new age bull crap, pure and simple meditation. There is a technique to it which is important but it’s nothing complex. I learned more in two days than my parents had taught me in 33 years. He was so adept that when I asked him questions he would cite books and recite the exact wording from said book without the book being in front of him. Certain things happened where I began to feel Mother Nature itself was surrounding in a way (I’ll have to describe this in more detail later). When I asked him definitions he would recite the exact wording the dictionary used. Pure beauty and almost robotic in his words. After the weekend I dropped him off but kept touch sporadically. The proceeding four and a half years is when my mind was taken to the very pit of its own hell. What I learned in this time is earth shattering. If you wish for me to tell more I will share what I have learned. Thanks for listening.

As a side note, not one day goes by that I don’t show gratitude to Jesus for opening the door to the bird cage I had been trapped in. Edgar Santiago was of this world but not of this world at the same time; however; in the following four and a half years of meeting him, I mentally conquered the concept of Buddhism. By itself Buddhism means nothing without the humanity of Jesus Christ. This was my message to him but he was not ready for it yet. Every interaction is a two way street. The road to heaven meets itself in the pit of hell.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: Knox9460

Which do you use, monatomic orme from Canada, which I think are the only alchemists making the real thing in high potency @ 250K ppm. Apprenticed or trained under Hudson.

It's funny, so much wonderful research about it - but have a real hard time laying ones hands on it.

It is amazing. I can attest to it's wondrous effects.
What is Ormus?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

LMAO

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

I had another message yesterday. I admit it sent me into freefall, it was like throwing my brain in the blender. So, yes, I sympathize.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Now this is the sort of thing that brought me to this site! Fun stuff. Creepy stuff.

I've shared some of these sorts already, but can do so again. One Halloween, driving late one night on a quiet country highway, the hubby stated he had to use the restroom. I said I'd look out for a place to stop, and almost immediately noticed a neon sign, such as for a gas station, in colors common to the area. So, we took the exit. Odd thing, though; there was no gas station, no truck stop, nothing. Just some houses, in a very isolated little place, and no open businesses at all. No closed ones, either, that we could locate; certainly no closed gas stations, etc. Very odd, and then, started to get this strong feeling of being stalked. Strong. If you have experienced it, you know what I mean. We left pretty fast, and never did figure out what happened. Posted here with ore details - link

Also had his weirdness some years back - link Way too any details to repeat here. Tons of other stuff, though much is subjective, and maybe not what you are seeking.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For me, as a early teenager, I saw as what I can only describe as a green orb - think the size of a apple - ironically. It flew past me a meter away at such a speed it left a blur (the same result as swinging a sparkler around at night) about 3 ft long. I was standing a meter or two from a solid brick wall and it was going in the direction of the wall - nothing impacted the wall and my friend standing next to me saw it as well. To this day I cannot rationalize it.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

Fascinating! "Little people" tales seen to be common around the world, from all I can gather. I hadn't heard any from Hawaii before, though. Creepy!

My dad mentioned seeing a "little man" once, somewhere near our house, though he didn't give a lot of details. Clearly, from the way he spoke of it, though, it wasn't just some midget, or whatever the term is these days. Universal stories like that have to have some truth in them. Trust the dog! She knew whoever, or whatever, that was, he was a threat! I shudder to think what could have happened had you not had the dog there!

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Whoa! Now that's seriously creepy!! An arm from a cloud? Yeah, you'd have been committed! Scary stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join