It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is a Parable for the Womb and Reincarnation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I appreciate the work you do. Another thing for me to think about.

I'm not as arrogant as the rest. I always find it funny those that say their way is the right way do it with so much force.

Because a man that makes money reads a book to them. Never open, minds always so shut.

They champion the book and their jesus yet they never follow what he says. Never show the love he tried to teach. Not even to others that believe in the same jesus just a different interpretation. You show more kindness and patience than any of the "true" believers here.

Thanks again, I've read the majority of what you've posted on this site and it makes me think.
edit on 17-6-2019 by Analbumcover because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Show me where you get your theology about rapture, the bible verses not your opinions or other's
I understand rapture, reasoning and explanation and don’t deny it as a possibility but it’s not biblical, sorry, you prove it with the bible

As for afterlife and Judaism, some did and some didn’t, the comment by the op was wrong and suggested Judaism was settled when clearly it isn’t. My point, how can you say what Judaism believes when even Jews still find it a contentious subject

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

edit on 17-6-2019 by glend because: removed

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I’m not sold, but as someone who’s 90% open minded I’ll bite.

They do call the “crowning” part of birth the
“Ring of Fire” 🔥 (although this is in context to the experience of the mother, the baby does always come out screaming, right? open to interpretation)

and the notion that there must be a “new heaven” and “new earth” is still open for much interpretation, as is the concept of purgatory, the rapture, what happened to Enoch and Elijah, and why do many bible scholars assert that they may be the two witnesses spoke of in revelation.

Will have to read all the comments later, I hope I haven’t rehashed anything, as I just noticed when I hit reply we were on page 4.

edit on 17-6-2019 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Analbumcover
I appreciate the work you do. Another thing for me to think about.

I'm not as arrogant as the rest. I always find it funny those that say their way is the right way do it with so much force.

Because a man that makes money reads a book to them. Never open, minds always so shut.

They champion the book and their jesus yet they never follow what he says. Never show the love he tried to teach. Not even to others that believe in the same jesus just a different interpretation. You show more kindness and patience than any of the "true" believers here.

Thanks again, I've read the majority of what you've posted on this site and it makes me think.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernGift
They do call the “crowning” part of birth the
“Ring of Fire” 🔥

There is a parody Chick Tract made by the Church of the Subgenius that has some interesting info.

I can only show a few slides as they are a bit graphic...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleMikey

When are you going to quote something from the Bible and not take it out of context and use to support these fantastical delusional imaginings you are trying to project?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Do you have a source for this?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

The wording that stopped all discussion on reincarnation was "If anyone asserts the fabulous pre-existence of souls, and shall assert the monstrous restoration which follows from it: let him be anathema."

here

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The following paper might be of interest to people pondering the topic of reincarnation in early Christianity. Reincarnation does not diminish Jesus in any way or form. His life in teaching people salvation, was his sacrifice. not to God, but to all of humanity.

Valentinus was also a Christian educated in Alexandria who taught from 100-175 A.D. According to Tertullian of Carthage, another early Christian theologian, Valentinus was at one time was a candidate for Bishop for the Christian Church but was not selected. Valentinus was responsible for one of the major Gnostic movements, having a widespread following throughout the Roman Empire and provoking many writings by fellow Christian opponents in response to his teachings. Similar to those previously discussed, Valentinus believed all souls lived in a perfect state with God, fell, were imprisoned in bodies, and will be imprisoned until enough knowledge and experience is gained for spiritual resurrection and return to God’s presence.

Regarding the mission of Christ, he believed that Christ did not come among men to provide any kind of salvation but to provide an example for how to live and motivation for all that can be done. Christ was crucified to simply end his ministry and for no higher purpose. From this we can see why Valentinus’s belief in reincarnation does not limit Christ’s redemptive powers like it did to other Christians. That is not to say that Valentinus and his followers did not believe that Christ’s mission was sacred, but that it provided a sacred example and not a sacrifice.

Google Source "The Argument over Reincarnation in Early Christianity" by Elizabeth Jenson

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The bible and every other holy book is an allegory for the human experience. All religions speak of the same thing except in different ways, just like how two languages can say the same thing but with different sounds and words.

John 17
20 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one,Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The unity Jesus speaks of is within every one of us, we all see God's light, the light of life.
edit on 6/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The word 'Thither' means location, not the state of being.

Job assumed he was going to hell, thus he said he is going back to the Womb.

Job 1:21 - 21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

Job's statement in the above verse only means that he thought God gave him life and that God was going to allow his life to be taken away where he wouldn't be taking any of his possessions (naked) with him. Mother's womb in this case is referring to the earth. We were created from the dust of the earth and the Bible tells us that our bodies will return to it.

Here's an example that you tried to use before, but you didn't use it in the right context...

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

2 Corinthians 12:2
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven"

Again...

In the Body = Microcosm
Out of the Body = Macrocosm

The Church took Earth's Atmosphere and Outer Space and split them into two Heavens. As a result, Christians have no idea that they are supposed to be looking for the Kingdom of God Within...

You just contradicted yourself in your own post. You posted a verse talking about the 3rd heaven and then you claim there is only two that has been split.

The Bible refers to our sky as the heavens, it also refers to everything above our sky as another heaven, and then there's the third heaven where only God/Jesus/Holy Spirit resides.

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Eventually, the earth and current heavens will be destroyed and God creates a new one for him to reside with RESURRECTED man, not reincarnated.

edit on 18-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Wrong - Life after earth... Same life but after this period of our life. Abraham was going to rest with his fathers. Remember the OT? Talmud? Zohar? i.e. all souls return to physical bodies in this world.

Although there will be some with physical bodies living in the Millennial Kingdom during the Millennial Period, there is nothing in the Bible that suggests that we will all be resurrected to a physical body to die a second time before inheriting our spiritual bodies. Remember, the Bible tells us in Revelation 20 that those who are resurrected the first time will not experience a second death. Nor are all resurrected before the Millennial Period.

Revelation 20:5-6

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Here's a good article on what it might be like during the Millennial Period...

"The Millennial Kingdom will be populated by three “categories” or “types” of people"

www.truthortradition.com...

edit on 18-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bible and every other holy book is an allegory for the human experience.

It doesn't sound to me like you've read the Bible or understood what you read.

The whole story of Jesus was to prove that there was an afterlife after this human experience was over and what it would be like.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
As a linguist, an with all due respect, your command of the English languae seems to be less than...deeveloped? I probably sond like a jerk but just saying it as a mere matter offact, you are reading verses then rephrasing them in your own words but you are mistaken and obviously dot know the meanings of some of these words or elseyour personal thesaurus in your brain would not associate those two terms in any way.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks ATS for linking this to the main page!

I'll be back later today to address the ad hominems.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

What's funny is that I could say the same exact thing to you. That's the thing with religious texts, they are purposefully vague so that many different interpretations can be found and thus this argument continues happening until the end of time. Your mass-produced interpretation is nothing more than bindings around your mind to stop you from discovering your true nature.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Depths of the Earth = Hell.

/debate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join