It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Congress done ANYTHING at ALL since 2016????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They laugh about their constituents a lot behind closed doors. So there is that. Oh and they all are still adding to the debt.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

While I believe the benevolent dictator is the most effective ruler, it's not realistic of sustainable so can't be allowed to happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.congress.gov...

They've been very busy actually.

[3751] Introduced- House [105] Reported-House [278] Passed- House [4054] total House

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

legalize hemp is a biggy is it?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

No they didn't. That wasn't congresses doing...

It was the department of justice.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Do you not remember that it was a republican house up until six months ago right?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, absolutely I do!

My question remains the same!

IMNSHO...every last one of them should be FIRED!!!!! Both Republican, Democrat and Other!!

FIRE 'EM ALL!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well for the first 24 months it was the republicans.
What are you saying? They didnt do anything?

Actually it seems that y'all think they are not doing anything when in fact they are and have been all along.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

They looked at over four thousand bills just this month.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well for the first 24 months it was the republicans.
What are you saying? They didnt do anything?

Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying!

Actually it seems that y'all think they are not doing anything when in fact they are and have been all along.

Talking about it ain't cutting it. Looking at it, ain't cutting it either. What are they doing to benefit the American public...actually getting DONE?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I don't care if they "looked" at 50,000 bills! Looking at something doesn't mean SQUAT!

How many of them did they put forth, without a bunch of partisan BS and pork in them, and actually get passed which had significant benefit to the American people???

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

According to my mom and stepfather (a 94 year old veteran) Trump has done incredible things for the VA medical system- and they should know since they are back and forth to the VA in Houston extremely often. Because of the changes they have come to love and appreciate Trump and his devotion to bettering the lives of our veterans.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I looked it up. They've passed 20 bills.

In previous congresses they averaged 300 to 400 by this time.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well they figured out what a garbage disposal is. Or at least one of them has figured it out.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nope, nothing at all. They all need to be voted out, but guess what? People will happily and consciously reelect the majority of them in 2020 and 2022.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mtnshredder

No they didn't. That wasn't congresses doing...

It was the department of justice.

Yeah, ok silly, whatever you say. LOL

I guess you’re unaware of the The House and Senate Intelligence Committee’s? Are they not part of congress? Did they not initiate their own probes? I assume you didn’t know there were three investigations going?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Congress hasn't done anything since before 2009 hence the name do nothing Congress.

Senate is no better and maybe worse.

This is not exactly new, politicians have been career parasites for decades now. Yet people are still wondering why nothing changes...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A member of the “other side” is a freshman congressman and a friend of mine. He said if you really want to punish someone, make them listen to the majority for a few days. I will be surprised if he runs for another term.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yeah. Yeah, it actually is a pretty big deal Silly. Are you aware that you have specific reception sites in your cells that receive cannabinoid molecules such as CBD, a fully hemp-derived product? That for the past half century these molecules have been criminalized to such a degree that people go to prison for mere possession of them? Think about that: a molecule that your body produces naturally, that if you're caught at the airport with, you go to prison. Yes, the legalization of hemp is a HUGE deal. It's the beginning of the end of the drug war, Silly. It's the beginning of the end of the opioid crisis, Silly. It means there is a safe, LEGAL, substitute to the pain management strategies presently in place which lead to opioid addiction and worse. It means American farmers can once again cultivate a product that has been in use since agriculture was invented. NOTHING grows as heartily as hemp, when it comes to variability of soil conditions, etc... The fibers of the plant can be manufactured into clothing, paper, building materials, you name it. And for the last half-century it's been illegal because certain strains of it can make you feel good when you smoke it. Can't have that... people feeling good.

But I know you know all this already Silly. I know that it's a major problem that a REPUBLICAN President signed into law the first common sense measure to combat this ridiculous war on drugs. Let me ask you this, as a hypothetical:

Say Trump gets reelected, and as a bipartisan measure his Attorney General, Bill Barr, instructs the Surgeon General to reevaluate the scheduling of cannabis. Would you support such a measure? As a schedule I controlled substance THC must have no medicinal value. We've already seen that there are medicinal uses for pot. Would you support President Donald J. Trump in his effort to get marijuana reclassified? As in no longer regarded as harmful as heroine or methamphetamine? Sure hope so.
edit on 12-6-2019 by Zelun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's all a show. These are the last days my friend. They turned government into one big reality show to distract the people while those deep final moves are made behind the scenes ...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join