It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Congress done ANYTHING at ALL since 2016????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Has the United States Congress done anything at all since Trump was elected other than trying to figure out some way to impeach him???

I mean seriously, what significant thing has Congress done for the US people since Trump was elected?????

Are they not our elected representatives???

What about the Senate???? They're not exempt either???

One side is trying to "get" Trump, and the other (not that there is one) is trying to "defend" him.

WTF are these people doing for US, the "People"?????

Seems to me like the only person who's done anything is Trump himself!!!

Please enlighten me where I'm wrong!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, they have spent our hard-earned tax dollars on who knows what. They've also taken vacations from being in session practically every month. And they've lied to us and refused to be accountable.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yes they have, they've spent millions of taxpayers dollars playing petty politics, contrary to what the citizens that elected them put them in position to do.

Do we need any more evidence that we should start at the state level and work our way up in a purge like "dragging them into the streets" scenario of mass execution to feed the tree of liberty?

What a weak country we have.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
On a side note, nice to see a FDC thread that doesn't have to do with butchering and cooking some piece from his farm staple.

Before you take that wrong, I'm just joshin ya bro...

edit on 11-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

They are working on a raise, and they are spending your tax monies.

They suck up oxygen and talk on TV

So yeah, the normal stuff. One group Reeee's a lot, the other group appropriately looks disgusted.

Why did you expect something?

edit on 11-6-2019 by thedigirati because: Politics

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The senate has seated 2 supreme court justices, and a bunch of federal court judges.
That is at least something of note.

Other than that I cant think of much.
The never trumpers and dems have effectively blocked most of potus' agenda.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
On a side note, nice to see a FDC thread that doesn't have to do with butchering and cooking some piece from his farm staple.

Before you take that wrong, I'm just joshin ya bro...

3 ways in Cinncinati ftw as best ever

As for this, when people see congress they think house of representatives which is democrat majority. When the house was republican majority they had amazing levels of progress, did so much for the american people that it's shocking. What we really need is a nationalist authoritarian leader similar to Hitler minus the persecution and murder.

Just a straight shooting, benevolent God-like man with everyone's best intentions at heart. Like our wonderful President except empowered to do everything he wants without congress.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The senate has seated 2 supreme court justices, and a bunch of federal court judges.
That is at least something of note.

This is true.

I did not acknowledge this.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Okay...I guess I'll stop posting food threads.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
President Trump signed a few pieces of legislation in 2016 and 17. Not the least of which was sweeping criminal justice reform, VA reform, and other initiatives.

But then the Republicans lost the House and now it's all Orange Man Bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

imo those appointments were the MOST important thing when voting in 2016

it will change the direction of the court for a generation

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Of course they have! They have spent millions of our dollars, and divided families and friends, for the sake of smothering their crimes in a Botox shot of BS right to the forehead. What a shame us "commoners" still play their game at our expense.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The House and Senate are still trying to figure out how to screw us all over while Trump is in office.

Republicans and democrats are still in shell-shock because Evil Queen Hillary, The Hell Beast of Vomit didn't get elected.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yeah, they have spent our hard-earned tax dollars on who knows what. They've also taken vacations from being in session practically every month. And they've lied to us and refused to be accountable.

I think they have been spending our tax money on investigations and legal defense teams. I suppose they will start to pay for people to guard all the Democratic candidates now, Talk about wasting money.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The 2016-18 House sent hundreds of bills to the Senate but McCain and his cronies either ignored them or defeated them. At the same time true patriots in both houses started the looking into the Russia Hoax. While they failed on Healthcare and Immigration (unforgivable) they did get the tax plan done.

The 2018-20 House now led by Dems thanks to Paul Ryan allowing 40+ Incumbents just retire leaving their seats exposed. Now the House is a clown show and the true patriots have to spend half their time calling out the fool majority. I will give the Senate credit for getting Trump judges through.

2020. It’s about as critical as it gets. Somehow the GOP has to flush out the never Trumpers as well as flip those seats back they lost. All without losing Senate majority.

Congress has that 10% approval rating for a reason. 10% of the polled are relatives of the Congress I would imagine.

- term limits
- 50% hard majority in Senate

No more of these career politicians. That’s why the Swamp exists.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
While I agree with your sentiment, I'd rather have Congress doing nothing than passing more laws against us. I mean pretty much everything is already illegal or regulated already right? Unless they are voting on ending the war on drugs or ending the Patriot Act/NDAA I'd rather have them doing nothing. Voting themselves a pay raise is definitely a no-no in my book for how much work they actually do.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well... they spent 40 million taxpayer dollars and counting making sure they knew how to say and spell the word Russia, there’s still a few working on getting the i and the a in the right spot, so it’s still work in progress. Then there’s something recently about a pay raise for all the hard work they’ve been doing. Other than that I can’t think of a damn thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Okay...I guess I'll stop posting food threads.

I enjoyed the smoke thread, been smoking for years, don’t stop the food post.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They made Boycotting goods made in Israel's stolen settlements illegal.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The Farm Bill of 2018 was pretty significant in that it legalized hemp. You can thank President Trump for signing that one baby!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join