It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Jim Carrey?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I don't care about his politics, I care about his "art". I still don't get it. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

Then you're one of the few. Most people have invested so much of themselves into politics they can't see beyond them at this point.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't hate him, I just think he's a lunatic who has some serious issues with anger when the world doesn't behave the way he demands it to.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Because jim, like Robin Williams, are not funny to me.
The occasional gem can be found in their work but its usually the same old recycled behavior.

That and I dont want to hear his politics.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for the hate to stop. I get tired of how some here drag the name of a great man down. As far as movies go, he may well be one of the funniest actors alive and yet some like to ridicule him. I don't get it. And now people ridicule him because he likes to paint pictures.

Jim Carrey for President!

Brilliant comedian / actor.

However, I don't care about his political opinions. Too many people in Hollywood think that because they are famous/rich, we ought to care what they think about other topics.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

could it be his arse- hattedness?, could it be he assumes his opinions are of greater weight than those with whom he disagrees?

I dunno
edit on 10-6-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Too many people in Hollywood think that because they are famous/rich, we ought to care what they think about other topics.

That applies to everyone not famous/rich as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Perhaps it could be that some people think that some other peoples' opinion is more important than their ow. I don't know. I just admire his comedy and that was my only point, perhaps badly stated in the OP. He's a funny guy, nothing less, nothing more.

He's just an acor, but a very good actor.

Another failed thread. Back to the drawing board. LOL

edit on 10/6/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As far as his being funny, I thought he was funny the first time I saw him. For about the first 4 1/2 minutes.Then his schitck got real old real quickly. At least for me. YMMV.

As to hating, speaking for myself - I don't hate him, but I have no respect for him. He comes across as a self-important prick with a serious messiah complex. I just find him to be ponderous, pedantic and obnoxious. And not very funny, just someone who has a shtick that appeals to some folks.

He's some guy who's made his living by pretending to be somebody he's not and acting goofy in front of the unwashed masses, and who has made some questionable life decisions. Somehow he and many others think that that resume' qualifies him to pontificate to me on matters of existential importance. Nah, I'm not buying it, thank you.

That's my opinion which, as far as I know, I am still entitled to. Your perspective - both on Mr. Carey and on my right to hold my own opinion - may or may not differ.
:
edit on 2019 6 10 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I don't care about his politics, I care about his "art". I still don't get it. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

Then you're one of the few. Most people have invested so much of themselves into politics they can't see beyond them at this point.

I think about that, but I believe it's a bit different. For as long as there has been such things as religion and politics, the two subjects have been taboo for discussion among friends, and for good reason. that's why God made anonymous internet forums. And when you like a famous person, you imagine a persona to accompany that person. If they never mentioned what they thought about those two subjects, they would retain all the fans they had. But to engage in political discussion, not only not anonymous, but broadcast to any and all, will immediately disenfranchise those who would disagree. It wasn't a necessity unless their fame came from political or religious means. People on either side, didn't used to be this nasty. Trump is so great, he pulled everyone down to his level. Everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Actually no.

He was found not guilty in the wrongful death suit.

However he did settle out of court over the STDs while she was still alive.

Medical records that were his but under an alias were revealed to show that Jim Carry had 2 different kinds of herpes.

He has changed his story many many times.

First he said she accused him of having herpes because HE had razor burn.

Then he said SHE had razor burn and sent him a pic of that "fake" herpes to blackmail him.

Then he said she actually had herpes but the bumps she had were due to razor burn.

It makes zero sense.

Especially after he settled out of court with her.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I hate Jim Carrey because he drove a young woman to suicide.

You see, he gave this woman multiple STDs (herpes and 2 kinds of hepatitis if I recall correctly).

When she complained to him about the symptoms he urged her not to go to the doctor.

She went anyway and after the tests confirmed he'd infected her with STDs he broke up with her .

Then he apparently blocked her from getting acting roles.

All of this drove her to suicide.

Also, the anti-vaxer nonsense and the holier-than-thou attitude.

I see. Thank you for the candid answer.

He would not be the first man to give a woman an STD in the world. On that we can agree, I believe.

He would also not be the first man to perhaps not give import to her symptoms immediately.

Allegedly he prevented her from obtaining paid employment.

And then she took her own life and that is all his fault.

Man, he's a bastard!

Yeah, true. Then again, wouldn't Jim virtue signal about women and their rights etc?

So, you can make excuses, but they fall flat against his own apparent hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Dude she forged medical records. And settling out of court isnt an admittance to guilt. He has been cleared for almost everything.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Do you mean other than he’s a moron on screen and off ?

The dude makes Gary Busey look sane .

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Do you mean other than he’s a moron on screen and off ?

The dude makes Gary Busey look sane .

^That. And holding that opinion does not constitute hating the man. Just means that I think he's an idiot. Don't have to hate him, but neither do I have to like him or agree with him.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Did she forge those records though?

Those records didn't pop up until years after her death.

i find it telling that the one thing he has not produced is a clean std test for himself.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well. I'll have to look into it more. So far its sounding like hes not the monster you're making him out to be. So far he doesnt have hepatitis is two forms, and she forged medical records.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Two kinds of Hep? And a slew of STDs? Shouldn't he be dead or a walking orange by now from liver damage?
Have you seen him lately?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

When Carey did comedy, he was pretty good. When he started into using his fame to promote his insane libtardism,, I had no use for him. Actors should act, sing, dance, whatever and when it comes to politics, they should STFU. As far as Carey and a presidency, someone mentioned idiocracy, that's about right.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I hate him 'cause he has more money than me.
That little sucker.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I don’t hate him either.

Normally I would just ignore him because he’s so far out to lunch .

But in this day and age people are taking their marching orders from deranged,angry, nuts .

That fact bothers me .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join