It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Jim Carrey?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why do people hate Jim Carrey?

Yes.
Why DO folks show disdain for those that have psychological problems ?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Jennifer Lopez.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

To answer your question...it's the same as anything else in this internet tribalism self promoting culture....they hate him because they don't agree with his politics.

Or.. he's an unfunny that..

Iono..

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
TABLETS.. UGH
edit on 10-6-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

To answer your question...it's the same as anything else in this internet tribalism self promoting culture....they hate him because they don't agree with his politics.

Or.. he's an unfunny twat..

Iono..

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
grrr 28 past on a mobile device. Shoot me now.
edit on 10-6-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
“Dumb and Dumber” is still one of the funniest movies!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Ah, don't spoil spoil the fun with substantiated information. Partypooper.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't hate Carrey, I just don't like him much. I do not like his acting and from what I have seen his real life actions kind of suck too. He has the right to live his life the way he wants to as long as it does not directly impact my or my families lives. That is my stance.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For as long as there has been such things as religion and politics, the two subjects have been taboo for discussion among friends, and for good reason.

That's all me and my friends talked about, so I can't agree with you on that.

But to engage in political discussion, not only not anonymous, but broadcast to any and all, will immediately disenfranchise those who would disagree. It wasn't a necessity unless their fame came from political or religious means.

Obviously it isn't a necessity. I admire and agree with Jim Carey. As I do anyone whose philosophy transcends ordinary politics. When compared to cosmic politics, none of this means anything.

Trump is so great, he pulled everyone down to his level. Everyone.

Yeah. That's it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

FOX's attempt to rip off NBC with the skit show "In Living Color" starring Carrey, David Alan Greer, and several dozen Wayans family members.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

When Carey did comedy, he was pretty good. When he started into using his fame to promote his insane libtardism,, I had no use for him. Actors should act, sing, dance, whatever and when it comes to politics, they should STFU. As far as Carey and a presidency, someone mentioned idiocracy, that's about right.

Cheers - Dave

That's an interesting comment.
Couple questions....

So you think actors should have less political voice than you do?
Do you feel you contribute more to taxes and society than Jim Carey?
..or is it you feel acting isn't as hard, so he is overvalued in pay and it's not fair?

Not trying to start a problem, just trying to figure out this mindset.

No, we should all be equal and therefore receive the same amount of air time and influence.
To be fair to him, I will say we have contributed the same, even if I know better.
Acting can be hard, ending terrorists is not an easy job either, managing a field team of 100+ and an R&D department for the military not easy either, my wife being a good mother not easy either, a garbageman picking up other people's trash not easy either, most jobs just aren't easy or a machine is doing it.

It is hard to place value on ones "job," mine was measured in bodies, his in laughs. Mine in the number of people prevented from being exposed to the acts of terrorists/terrorism, his to make some money for his backers. So I don't know, I like to think that every person has some skill and value, but we have a very lopsided way of evaluating said value.

He's not funny any more, I still have my skills, though they do have a best-before-date ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Because hes a damn hypocrite.

He walks around like hes all enlightened, preaches love and tolerance.

And then paints pictures of teens getting killed, because of the crap the MSM was pushing about them wearing MAGA hats, TEENS!

But its not just them hes made several paintings depicting horrible things happening to people he doesnt agree with

Hes full of crap, hes a charlatan, and hes not funny anymore

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

its because he's turned into a nutter
ps i like his movies
edit on 11-6-2019 by Steveogold because: add on

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

when i was at sea the unwritten rule religion and politics were never mentioned end of story

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I like the guy and Im a big fan of his movies, in fact when I watched the video in this thread (I can't remember who posted it, sorry, but thank you for doing so!) I was sat in the loo laughing my head off, for me it doesn't get old.

As for his politics, I don't really care as I don't take much notice. US politics has been a cluster-mess since 2016 so I try to avoid it.

Horses for courses, strokes for folks, and all that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

i have no hatred for mr carrey - but i do have utter contempt for the anti science and pseudo science messages he pushes using his " fame " as a false authority

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It's been fun reading all your replies, thank you all.

To address a few of the comments I would like to say that the world has become overly politicised (with the help of the MSM) and now every little thing must be reported in triplicate.

"He doesn't like Trump."

Have you seen how many other American celebrities say the same thing? (Madonna....) Bear in mind Jim is Canadian.

"He's crazy."

Well hell, watch his movies and then you will understand.

"He paints pictures of dead teens."

The British press wanted to print pictures of Princess Diana's mangled body. American press is full of up-to-the-minute coverage of the latest tragedy, disaster or accident with multiple TV crews all vying for the best shot. I don't think Jim pulled his art out of thin air but what do I know.

"Some movies were good, others not."

This happens in showbiz. Many stars have faded.

"I don't like the things he says."

Most people experience such feelings in their lives when dealing with certain others.

I love ya Jim, never stop!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Guy is part of the hollyweird elite...he is scum.

He has seen things and looked the other way

He was given things and didint turn them down.

Parties with hookers and drugs, unprotected sex.

He takes on this pure hearted naive girl who was. Very young and pushed her to the brink of suicide.

Hollyweird and the people part of it are oozing with perversion, disease and sinister behavior

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Allegations. Fair enough. Do you have proof or is this just something you read online?

Do you know how many rock stars take drugs and have unprotected group-sex back-stage? Me neither but I'm guessing it happens quite a lot.
edit on 11/6/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join