It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Jim Carrey?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for the hate to stop. I get tired of how some here drag the name of a great man down. As far as movies go, he may well be one of the funniest actors alive and yet some like to ridicule him. I don't get it. And now people ridicule him because he likes to paint pictures.

Jim Carrey for President!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

To answer your question...it's the same as anything else in this internet tribalism self promoting culture....they hate him because they don't agree with his politics.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I don't care about his politics, I care about his "art". I still don't get it. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It’s the things he says and the subject of the pictures he paints. Not because he paints.
What makes him a great man? Because he’s an actor? Such a great man that his ex gf committed suicide blaming him for introducing her to mental abuse, drugs and disease. www.independent.co.uk... aine-prostitutes-herpes-wrongful-death-lawsuit-std-a79752 51.html

Jim Carrey for president ? Lmao. He is ineligible to run being from Canada and all.
Idiocracy is running rampant these days. Worshipping celebrities as if they’re “great” people leads to reality show presidents.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

He stopped doing comedy .

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
When Jim Carrey is mentioned all I see is his Detective rearenda talking....

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Man has never done me wrong.
I like him as much as I know him from his work.
Who the hell hates him?
For what it's worth, I love you Jim, if you are reading this.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hate Jim Carrey because he drove a young woman to suicide.

You see, he gave this woman multiple STDs (herpes and 2 kinds of hepatitis if I recall correctly).

When she complained to him about the symptoms he urged her not to go to the doctor.

She went anyway and after the tests confirmed he'd infected her with STDs he broke up with her .

Then he apparently blocked her from getting acting roles.

All of this drove her to suicide.

Also, the anti-vaxer nonsense and the holier-than-thou attitude.

ETA: It was 2 kinds of herpes and gonorrhea.
edit on 10-6-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So now everyone hates him because he got serious? Please explain because I really don't get the Jim hate, especially on this board. Maybe I'm alone.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: leemachino

Your link to the article is no link at all as the story has apparently gone "!!POOF!!".

Did Jim petition for a "D" notice and it was granted???

Lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Two kinds of Hep? And a slew of STDs? Shouldn't he be dead or a walking orange by now from liver damage?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

You see, he gave this woman multiple STDs (herpes and 2 kinds of hepatitis if I recall correctly).

When she complained to him about the symptoms he urged her not to go to the doctor.

She went anyway and after the tests confirmed he'd infected her with STDs he broke up with her .

Damn, man...don't follow close enough to know any of this to be fact.
If such be true, than phooey on him.
If such be ungrounded rumor, than I think otherwise.
Don't really have time to research it.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Damn, man...don't follow close enough to know any of this to be fact.
If such be true, than phooey on him.
If such be ungrounded rumor, than I think otherwise.
Don't really have time to research it.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Do you really need a reason to hate Jim Carrey?

The Cable Guy.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I see. Thank you for the candid answer.

He would not be the first man to give a woman an STD in the world. On that we can agree, I believe.

He would also not be the first man to perhaps not give import to her symptoms immediately.

Allegedly he prevented her from obtaining paid employment.

And then she took her own life and that is all his fault.

Man, he's a bastard!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I don't care about his politics, I care about his "art". I still don't get it. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

He makes paintings and drawings now. He's pretty good in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow Apparently I am having trouble posting links today. It was an article detailing what happened with his ex gf

edit on 10-6-2019 by leemachino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Jim Carry is/was a fantastically talented person. Humor and delivery was well beyond what most could dream of. But his rabid TDS seems to have coupled with his already monumental mental issues, rendering him incapable of communicating on a rational level. I don't hate him, I just feel sorry for him. I didn't like Obama, but I didn't let it consume me. Perhaps one day, with some therapy, he can overcome his orange demons.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Fake.

Pretty much all links when you search 'Jim Carrey Hepatitis'. Show it was all made up.

I can't imagine him doing any of that, he himself battled with a form of depression, most comedians like doing what they do as a release and to please others. Mental health is a big thing for them.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hmm.. I also heard he was a bit of dick back in the day during ace ventura and during "man on the moon". Perhaps he's more introspective now.. Probably best not to condemn a man forever.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join