It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter erupts over Trump claim that the moon 'is a part' of Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It seems to me that some dems, not all, have completed their metamorphosis into vapid, vacuous, snivelling little moronic girls of limited attention span and even more, limited intelligence. To go after trump for missing a comma or a word is ridiculous and just stinks of desperation.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/8.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

It seems to me that some dems, not all, have completed their metamorphosis into vapid, vacuous, snivelling little moronic girls of limited attention span and even more, limited intelligence. To go after trump for missing a comma or a word is ridiculous and just stinks of desperation.

Cheers - Dave

I must sadly admit that as you describe these people, I reluctantly concur, though in my assessment I do not limit my observation to democrats. To me it seems that the driving engine of national consciousness has been how ''we the people'' have been turned by our own indulgences into ''we the consumer''..

Not all of us of course, but a significant percentage of Americans are the product of ''mass marketing''. This can be called ''mass propaganda'', ''mass indoctrination'', ''mass whatever'' but I prefer to call it ''mass marketing''. Marketing because to me the constant parameter of it all is to offer a product that will sell to enough people for that product to make a profit for the producer be that Twinkies or political ideology.

And once the consumer has settled on a certain taste in food or music or food, political idiology or religion, that taste is then capatilized upon.. And a key here is that the producer of the product does not want the consumer to ''grow out of that taste'' because to do so would be to lose a customer. Sure new products are introduced having varying flavors or whatever but in the end the product is basically the same. I think we can see this across the board.

We are kept as you say, '' vapid, vacuous, snivelling little moronic girls of limited attention span and even more, limited intelligence''

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I just peed myself a little. Damnit, I'm a Trump supporter now.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Twitter erupts over Trump claim that the moon 'is a part' of Mars

"For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago," he wrote. "They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!"

Clearly Mr. Trump left out the the two words, ‘’going to ‘’. He meant that we should focus on going to Mars and that part of that project would be to include making visits to the moon.

Even I, an ardent critic of Mr. Trump find It difficult to support his critics that are making a mockery of themselves over this.

news.yahoo.com...

The question is why did he leave those words? To me it looks like dementia

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's always amazing that the right is constantly chastising those that point out Trumps inability to craft a coherent sentence, blatantly lie, misspeak, sound like an dolt both with and without a teleprompter, etc., but hold onto (for dear life and years and years later) the few times that Obama misspoke ("57 states" anyone... how many times have we heard about that one here at ATS?). Another daily dose of right wing hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But remember when Obama admitted he was from Kenya.

Remember when it was Hillary that started it all...lol

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: rickymouse

All people mess up once in a while, especially when they are tired or drunk.

Only Donald Trump doesn't drink!!

Just imagine the crap that would come out of his mouth if he did drink.

Maybe the problem is with the MSM drunken interpretations ? 😎

Yeah sure, let's go with that, uhuh.

I agree with you. I personally believe people who watch and believe MSM must be smoking crack

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

I don't know as it is dementia as much as it is his mind is so disjointed. I think that when he has a thought that's all there is, that thought. His brain seems to jump between various thoughts but fails to articulate them ina coherent manner. It seems difficult for him to balance those thoughts in a normally structured manner. Not what I personally would like to see in a potus.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I wonder if it is hypocrisy or just plain reflective myopia. To me hypocrisy is pointing a finger at some action in others yet finding an excuse for the same action in oneself. I'm not sure they even recognize that they are doing the same thing, hence reflective myopia.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Is that what I said? Well sure why not. I don't necessarily agree with this idea of people in space.

But anyways people seem to think that going to mars or even the moon would be like camping out in the middle of the Shara for a few months. But I am not even sure they could achieve that to any great effect with our technology.

Dont you think that if they could build bases on the moon, then they would by now? The argument is silly.

So! Lets just say, I hope that by 2505 two things happen.

Either the great garbage avalanche of 2505 covers this world in our own do do by then leading to a much funkier place.

Or!

We finally get updated rovers or drones that have an extended battery life and is capable of giving crisp life feed from there daily walk, and we send them everywhere including the moon one day to roam around. Hell put it on youtube as a 24hour stream of all that there doing up there, If youtube is still around by then.

Whichever comes first. I do believe that by then we are more then capable of achieving either.

But on second thought, looking at things. We may need to start shipping people off planet. Let them argue about Trump and Obama on Mars, we got plenty around anyways, a few wont be missed while there on the space journeys.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Trump should stick to politics and leave space or defense out of it.

Besides can you imagine having to explain to people, most of which dont know how toast works, and the rest would have a hard time grasping it. Much less every single little detail of going to Mars and the economics behind it. Even if he did, which I am sure he can not, but even if his people wrote or gave him all the details.

That 5 minute speech would turn into a 5 hour series that would be months long. And if you think politicians have something more to say then 5 minute clips. Your wrong.

What he should have said is. "They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!" And then add the word "budget" at the end.

There! Does that help you get over this whole thing? Would it help the others who are saying whatever it is there saying about it? Or would people just continue arguing on about nothing?

Its obvious he said that because he classes the Moon and Mars in the same bracket, because there in the same budget. But if he think that NASA should have gone to Mars with the money they are getting, because they went to the moon already?

Then all I can say is.

Hope you speak emoticonian. Because the reason why they have not gone to Mars would likely fill a library. Though what I wrote there in emoticonian is the jist of it.
edit on 11pmSaturdaypm082019f6pmSat, 08 Jun 2019 23:00:05 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

The question is why did he leave those words? To me it looks like dementia

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here...

Did you mean to say "why did he leave those words out"

Or did you mean to say "why did he leave out those words"

This looks like maybe dementia too to me...

On a side note, Trump is one of the few Presidents that drifts off the Teleprompter frequent or just ignores it and runs off hand written notes. He has been rather crazy good if you keep that in mind. I'm sure you do not have dementia, so could you do as well as Trump does?

Obama couldn't say one word off the Teleprompter and we have hours of video gaffes of him even getting a few seconds off of it, so what do you call that? lol

edit on 9-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Is that what I said? Well sure why not. I don't necessarily agree with this idea of people in space.

I think I asked that in the form of a question, not a statement.

So! Lets just say, I hope that by 2505 two things happen.

Either the great garbage avalanche of 2505 covers this world in our own do do by then leading to a much funkier place.

Or!

We finally get updated rovers or drones that have an extended battery life and is capable of giving crisp life feed from there daily walk, and we send them everywhere including the moon one day to roam around. Hell put it on youtube as a 24hour stream of all that there doing up there, If youtube is still around by then.

Whichever comes first. I do believe that by then we are more then capable of achieving either.

But on second thought, looking at things. We may need to start shipping people off planet. Let them argue about Trump and Obama on Mars, we got plenty around anyways, a few wont be missed while there on the space journeys.

Holy crap 2505? Do you realize that is 486 years from now... lol There will be no Youtube, internet etc, or even batteries... At the rate of our technological growth 2505 will be better than then best of Star Trek.

I would think in the next 50 years we will solve the Co2, energy, population, pollution, food, water, weather...etc etc problems. 2505 we will be like Gods compared to today or even in 50 years.
edit on 9-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Trump should stick to politics and leave space or defense out of it.

Well if the President doesn't support it then it will not happen as we saw NASA almost dry up under Obama.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Those Rascal Russians at it again. Making Donald admit The Moon is part Mars.👽

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

AOL.com has reached out to NASA for comment.

AOL still exists? Go figure
I'm sure NASA will find a place for their request in a dumpster out behind one of their buildings.

You would have to be brain dead to not understand what he meant.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
You do realize that star trek is a show and has very little base in reality, most of all of the reality of space.

486 years. A lot can happen by then, and what you said. There is a change that it can happen. But there is also many more much numerous things out there, that have a much bigger chance of happening.

So? We shall see.

And I did not say that he cant support NASA, or its other branches or its new public sector face such as Tesla and Musk. They can support it as much as they want. I merely said, nobody is going to space. That all.

Though this thread is a bout a sentence Trump said. We should let people get back to it. I confess, I forgot what it was about. But I am sure It was not important.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You do realize that star trek is a show and has very little base in reality, most of all of the reality of space.

Don't be so impudent... Yesterdays SiFi is today's reality, but ya I'm fully aware of what is reality or not.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If he said "of which the moon is a part OF" then that's different. He didn't say anything that would strike me as a mistake or being incompetent. I read it as the moon being part of the big journey to bigger things such as Mars.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If their collective IQ tells them that President Trump is dumb because thinks the moon is part of mars (he doesn’t), but the MORON in Congress who literally believes that Guam might capsize is not a dumbass: then they’re dumbasses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join