It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish government considering banning Norse runes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

In the latest episode of leftist insanity, the Swedish government is considering banning Norse runes and other traditional symbols. Norse runes were widely used as the written form of various languages before the adoption of the Latin alphabet. Apparently they believe that banning the runic alphabets will somehow deter "hate groups".
What they're really doing is destroying history and culture, and anyone who has any part in this should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

The Swedish government is looking into the possibility of forbidding the use of Norse runes

Justice Minister Morgan Johansson is currently investigating whether or not runes should be banned in Sweden as a way to deter hate groups

the ban could potentially encompass all Norse symbols, imagery, and traditional jewelry.
Source

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I saw this yesterday. What the hell is wrong with everyone in the West? Apparently agenda 30 is uber uber important, so much so, we cant have history, or culture.

+13 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
HUH.
Yeah, lets ban an ancient form of writing, because someone may use it to write something bad, that 99% of the people will have no idea what it says.

Sounds about right.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

My biggest take from this you calling out lefties, that literally is even more insane than the banning of the runes, which is pretty bloody insane.

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Apparently the new way if thinking is that if you hate yourself enough, others will like you.

It seems everything these days boils down to mental illness or some psychological condition. Either way, people need to learn to self evaluate and assess themselves. Once that's done, you need to learn how to truly improve your mental health.

This is ridiculous.

+18 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My biggest take from this you calling out lefties, that literally is even more insane than the banning of the runes, which is pretty bloody insane.

Umm, who is calling for the ban? The Social Democrats. Who are they? The Swedish leftist party. Who is against the ban? The Moderate Party and the Sweden Democrats. Who are they? Liberal and social conservatives, respectively.

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"Justice Minister Morgan Johansson".
Are you insinuating that his political affiliations have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the content of this story and that it's just a coincidence that he belongs to a left-wing political party while seeking to ban history under the guise of combating "hate groups"?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So what do the runes say that "they" don't want us to read would be my thinking on the matter?

Good luck banning a language/alphabet in this day of age. LoL

Also, some of the sites that contain these runic inscriptions are sure to be World Heritage owned or supported, so good luck with that potential minefield.

Are we sure this is verbatim?

Because if so, it essentially equates to burning books.

edit on 22-5-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I really wish I could say I'm surprised at this sort of nonsense...but I'm not.

One of these days, I will be...but not today. Stupid decisions by people ignorant of the history of censorship.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Nordic Headbangers unite and fight!

This is absurd, if this comes to pass then I fear for other cultures. Next both the French and Germans will be claiming rights to the Ouija board, there will be debate on what came first-the sasquach or the Bigfoot.

Don't tamper with history, we haven't ascended to our level of intellect without the teachings from the past.

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And here I was thinking that leftists weren’t pathetic and gutless and piss-weak people who openly pander to imaginary grievances.

I wonder if they’ll also ban Arabic writing to curb the rise of islamic extremism??

Oh that’s right, it’s ‘white people’ who we need to be worried about. Those damn right wingers. Biggest threat there is.
edit on 22 5 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I resemble that remark, sorta, when I'm drinking/drunk.

Of course they have to be banned, only the norse can read them, and that is racist.

DNA is also racist!!!!

Ban DNA!!!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What a bunch of f#cking retards.

Apologies to any f#cking retards who might be offended by what I just wrote.

It’s how social justice works. They have to keep manufacturing the next social crisis. Keep chasing that boogeymen that is responsible for all the social injustice in the world. If there was nothing to fight, why would they be re-elected. Screw a consistent and equally applied rule of law with limited government.

I know preaching to the choir while politicians pander to the peanut gallery.....

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lots of groups distroy history as a means to control the present.

Some times we call these groups terrorists.

www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The world really needs to come together and ban the letter 'Y'. It can't be trusted. Are you a vowel or a consonant? WHY ARE YOU PLAYING BOTH SIDES? WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING AT? CHOOSE AN IDENTITY, DAMN YOU!!!

This has gotta be the work of hateful ideologies.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They aren't doing things like this because they are stupid. They know exactly what they are doing. I see a lot of underestimating going on. I am not talking about Antifa tards, but the ones calling the shots.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What the deuce... The stupid in such a decision is to a level I didn't think was possible.

Every time I think Sweden govt has gone as low as it can, they go hold my beer.

They almost make our dnc resemble sane...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It is some people's religion.

Oldspeak is double plus ungood. Only newspeak from now on.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Of course it must be banned, it speaks of spiritualism...must be stamped out, unless the spiritualism is controlled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join