It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

A plan b pull is of no use to someone in a stable relationship who has frequent sex and is relying on another form of birth control only to have it fail. And it certainly isn't gonna help the preteen rape or incest victim if their mommy or daddy doesn't learn about the incident till they recognize the signs and takes her to the doctor asking them why their daughter is having so many upset stomachs or why her stomach is looking a little pudgy.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It doesn't change the fact that women voted for the males who are in the Senate, either.

Keep it up with the man vs. woman dialogue. Roe vs. Wade will be overturned sooner that way and men will not have to worry about being men any more. That's how you are framing the debate... anything bad is the man's fault because Roe vs. Wade says so... even if a woman did it!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Pure insanity. 99 years for the woman or the doctor if they abort and probation for the rapist who can sue for visitation rights.

Isn't it time we do some "nation building" here at home, for a change. These poor people need freedumb.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

99 years for the woman or the doctor if they abort

No.

99 years maximum for the doctor who performs the abortion. There is no criminal penalty for the woman.

Get your facts straight please.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If the choice is between two men. Reckon which sex will get the seat??
And when it comes to pregnancy I think women are more knowledgable about it. I mean most of us when we learn we are pregnant start reading up learning about what to expect, what could go wrong, the signs to look for in case something goes wrong. For some reason I really don't think men bother. I don't really think they worry about it unless it becomes an issue in a pregnancy of someone they care about

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

For some reason I really don't think men bother.

I did. Can you be more sexist?

Again, it seems it's either the man's way or the woman's way, winner take all. Given those choices, I choose the man's way. Now, do something about it.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: DanDanDat

Tut, tut. And to think you Yanks bash on about us Brits having our spoons taken away from us etc etc. Congratulations on setting back women's rights by about a hundred years.

Spare me the drama... If taking away a woman's right to abort a child means pushing women's rights back 100 years then that means that women:

Will no longer own land under the same terms as a man
Will no longer serve on a jury
Will no longer work in a legal profession and civil service
Will no longer inherit land under the same terms as a man
Will no longer be able to prosecute a spouse for rape
Will no longer be able to open up a bank account
Will no longer be able to become an accountant
Will no longer be considered extra privileged in the eyes of the law

All they're saying is you can't kill a living, breathing baby.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

For some reason I really don't think men bother.

Sounds more like youre just looking for more reasons to invalidate men more than anything else.

Pretty sexist if you ask me

The hypocrisy on this issue once again is so obvious its almost a parody of itself

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I am. I'm sitting here expressing my views just like you are.
Which is simply that there is nothing rational about withholding
Abortions from preteen children.
Something that you seem to be willing to dismiss as just an unfortunate event because a comment someone made to you offended you.
Its not about it being your way or my way it is about what is best for and child who finds herself in this position, it about what will do the least harm considering not only the fetus, but also the women carrying it, her family, and our country.

link   
meh. Seriously. If this is where Bama want to show leadership then so be it. Religious nuts have such a hard on for Roe v Wade and the abortion question in general. If overturned it goes back to the states. Since Bama is top ten in teen pregnancies maybe they will be in the running for the top spot

Judging by the statistics, if Planned Parenthood pulls out of Bama, perhaps some of this ignorance will die out (literally) given how bad some of these statistics are.

Edit: for such a god fearing jesus state they sure have alot of unwed moms.

Alabama 2017
Percent of Births to Unmarried Mothers 6th
Cesarean Delivery Rate 7 th
Preterm Birth Rate 3 rd
Teen Birth Rate ‡ 9th
Low Birthweight Rate 3rd
www.cdc.gov...
edit on 5/15/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: underwerks

What the hell is wrong with people? They claim to be for small government, but then try to use it to regulate another person's body. I don't get it.

Your right we should totally make all murder legal!

They arent regulating anyone's body you twit, they are telling you you cant kill another being with a heart beat. If it was the mothers body she would be the one who died when the abortion was performed.

If you got caught breaking the eggs of other animals, you can get prison time too.

But somehow society has twisted killing an infant life is acceptable.

People also get charged with double murder when they kill a pregnant woman. So I guess it's about whatever benefits the left the most.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: SailorJerry

They arent regulating anyone's body you twit, they are telling you you cant kill another being with a heart beat. If it was the mothers body she would be the one who died when the abortion was performed.

Using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body, isn't using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up.

Its not her body, again, last i checked when she gets the abortion its the baby thats killed and not her

You just want to keep ignoring that dont you.

Keep your fingers in your ears

You actually believe a womans body isn't her body once she becomes pregnant?

So a woman who becomes pregnant because of rape doesn't own her body anymore? Are you serious?

Why any woman would vote for a Republican from here on out is beyond me. Imagine if a bunch of angry old women were using the government to control how men reproduce.

How well do you think that would go over?

Lol. Wow. You really aren't paying attention.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
meh. Seriously. If this is where Bama want to show leadership then so be it. Religious nuts have such a hard on for Roe v Wade and the abortion question in general. If overturned it goes back to the states. Since Bama is top ten in teen pregnancies maybe they will be in the running for the top spot

Judging by the statistics, if Planned Parenthood pulls out of Bama, perhaps some of this ignorance will die out (literally) given how bad some of these statistics are.

Edit: for such a god fearing jesus state they sure have alot of unwed moms.

Alabama 2017
Percent of Births to Unmarried Mothers 6th
Cesarean Delivery Rate 7 th
Preterm Birth Rate 3 rd
Teen Birth Rate ‡ 9th
Low Birthweight Rate 3rd
www.cdc.gov...

And 5th most dependent on federal monetary assistance for the population to make do. Alabama has never been taken seriously by other states (not even it's equally poor, Deliverance-addled cousin-neighbors) This oh-so-adorable attempt at a law does nothing to make them not look like a raging dumpster fire.

All this is going to do is cause a population explosion, and they're going to have even MORE federal money coming in for the poverty population. Lovely distinction, ain't it? One of the poorest populations in the country wants to expand itself. It's almost like the religious are trying to coyly admit being on the dole is a GOOD thing and are actively encouraging it by blocking any possible way to not screw yourselves into the shack's dirt floor further.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: InTheLight

I also determined she is likely to sign by her comments.

And your determination is binding on the Governor of Alabama because...? I gave an opinion that I didn't think she would sign it. You made a determination. See the difference?

You are destroying your own cause. You are single-handedly convincing others that if they don't fight you, they will lose the right to even express their opinion. How many more people will you run away from reason? You already got me to change my mind; I wonder how many others have read this and thought similarly? Now multiply that by thousands of others, just like you, who seek to silence others for things like being born male or being a Christian?

And you think that will protect Roe vs. Wade? IT WILL DESTROY IT!

All thanks to you. You really should be proud. You are influential and becoming more influential every day.

TheRedneck

However you want to twist it, religious morals trump women's rights because the Bible tells us so.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL!!!!

You and Fred are absolutely savage and I love it.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I am. I'm sitting here expressing my views just like you are.

Exactly where have I said that the woman didn't matter? I haven't, but you have indicated men don't matter in several different ways. I was on your side, but I'm not going to continue with that if it means I am not supposed to weigh in on issues. I happen to be as much a citizen as you are, my anatomy notwithstanding.

Which is simply that there is nothing rational about withholding
Abortions from preteen children.

Agreed, there is nothing rational about that. Neither is there anything rational about insulting and attempting to silence a full 1/2 of the public to try and convince them you're right. So here we are.

Something that you seem to be willing to dismiss as just an unfortunate event because a comment someone made to you offended you.

No, not one comment... not 100 comments... an entire damn movement that seems to be intent on telling me that I should sit down and shut up because of my anatomy. That's going to offend me, and it is going to make me defensive, just as it will do (and is doing) to anyone else. Live with that.

Its not about it being your way or my way it is about what is best for and child who finds herself in this position, it about what will do the least harm considering not only the fetus, but also the women carrying it, her family, and our country.

It shouldn't be, but I don't think you really believe that. I think it is your way or my way to you. Want to prove me wrong? Want me to relax my opinion? Let's see you call others out for framing the conversation that way. Because there will be others, the second I acquiesce to anything on this issue, who will frame it that way. That's just a fact.

Now prove me wrong. Understand I'm not holding my breath.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

However you want to twist it, religious morals trump women's rights because the Bible tells us so.

Sarcasm does not behoove you; neither does bigotry.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL!!!!

You and Fred are absolutely savage and I love it.

Lol, it's not exactly being savage when it's hard truth. In terms of all federal funds allocated, Alabama seems to have a big issue with paying for things. I deliberately worded it that way instead of going with a specific category because, well, they're one of the moneysuck states. They're also the 5th least productive in GPD, so in terms of economic value, they don't have much. I guess clinging to bibles & beating the ideals into others is about the only way to make living there worth it.
edit on 5/15/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if the pro life crowd cared about the children living in poverty in Alabama?

www.alreporter.com...

altoday.com...

Actually I don't think the pro life crowd are really about pro life, it's about control of women.

edit on 15-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: SailorJerry

The heart beat argument is rather flawed.

What makes a human, a muscle pumping blood or being aware that it even has a heart? The brain doesnt even start developing until roughly four weeks in, the heart shortly after.

So women who get abortions before the end of the first month is technically not murder with your logic.

Speaking of flawed... Kids don't understand that they have a heart until they're around 4 or 5. By the end of the first month, there's no heartbeat formed so an abortion wouldn't be taking a child's life.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join