It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Xtrozero

So we are back to the Middle Age's form of faith where Man forcefully imposes "faith" on the masses.

Gov. Kay Ivey is a Woman. Not a Man.

That means she gets to participate.

TheRedneck

She is Christian first, she makes that quite clear.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What you seem to be pretending to be overjoyed about...

Overjoyed? Quite the opposite! You can frame the debate so I have to take an extreme position, but you can NOT make me happy about it!

My very first post was to condemn this bill... then I am told that because I am male, that doesn't matter. Since the entire argument is framed around Roe vs. Wade, the only way to make my voice matter is apparently to get rid of Roe vs. Wade.

I don't get it. I accepted that since I am male and Roe vs. Wade is in effect, my voice is silenced. You guys won that debate! Now you're upset about it?

TheRedneck

+10 more 
posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Oh, HELL NO!

You do NOT get to keep disenfranchising people for whatever reason you want! What's next, "She's not a Christian, but she has blond hair; her opinion doesn't matter"?

My GOD, I hope they destroy Roe vs. Wade quickly! This madness has to stop!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Oh, HELL NO!

You do NOT get to keep disenfranchising people for whatever reason you want! What's next, "She's not a Christian, but she has blond hair; her opinion doesn't matter"?

My GOD, I hope they destroy Roe vs. Wade quickly! This madness has to stop!

TheRedneck

Well she said it, I didn't, so she must be disenfranchising herself. Why would she do that?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wonder if Roe v. Wade is overturned, will morning after pills be banned as well? Or is that a medical decision?

Will hysterectomy be outlawed?
edit on 15-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well she said it, I didn't, so she must be disenfranchising herself. Why would she do that?

No, she stated her position. YOU disenfranchised her based on her position.

You might be interested to know that her office has stated she will not comment publicly on this bill until she can thoroughly examine it. If she was so gung-ho to sign it, as you seem to have already decided, why would she not have been there last night with pen in hand?

YOU are disenfranchising people. YOU made me realize that Roe vs. Wade must go. YOU. No one else. YOU.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No, she stated her position. YOU disenfranchised her based on her position.

You might be interested to know that her office has stated she will not comment publicly on this bill until she can thoroughly examine it. If she was so gung-ho to sign it, as you seem to have already decided, why would she not have been there last night with pen in hand?

YOU are disenfranchising people. YOU made me realize that Roe vs. Wade must go. YOU. No one else. YOU.

TheRedneck

Well, you can't make that judgement until she signs or does not sign. Who is disenfranchising people again?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well, you can't make that judgement until she signs or does not sign.

I didn't make the statement; that was the Governor's office. I just repeated it, since you seem to have ignored it the first time I did so. Heck, I originally stated I was happy that she was not signing it right away.

You stated that since she was a person of faith, her opinion was predetermined and wrong.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, you can't make that judgement until she signs or does not sign.

I didn't make the statement; that was the Governor's office. I just repeated it, since you seem to have ignored it the first time I did so. Heck, I originally stated I was happy that she was not signing it right away.

You stated that since she was a person of faith, her opinion was predetermined and wrong.

TheRedneck

I also determined she is likely to sign by her comments.

Ivey, while at the opening of a Hyundai engine plant in Montgomery on Wednesday morning, says she has not seen the abortion bill yet and is not ready to say whether she will sign it. Asked about the lack of a rape and incest exception in the abortion ban, she said “all human life is precious.” Tuesday night the governor’s press secretary had said Ivey intends to withhold comment until she has had a chance to thoroughly review the final version of the bill the Senate approved. Ivey was asked about legal costs of defending the abortion bill in the expected upcoming court fights. Ivey said, “You certainly cannot deter your efforts to protect the unborn because of costs.”

www.al.com...

Or am I not reading between the lines correctly?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
How did. I frame the debate in any way except that denying a preteen child the means to end a pregnancy that WILL posed considerably Sanger to get isn't giving equal rights to fetuses it is giving them higher rights!!
And, considering how some of these laws are written its kind of obvious that They don't know Jack about pregnancy or the laws that are already in place to regulate them. Maybe they should at least listen more to the minority women?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I also determined she is likely to sign by her comments.

And your determination is binding on the Governor of Alabama because...? I gave an opinion that I didn't think she would sign it. You made a determination. See the difference?

You are destroying your own cause. You are single-handedly convincing others that if they don't fight you, they will lose the right to even express their opinion. How many more people will you run away from reason? You already got me to change my mind; I wonder how many others have read this and thought similarly? Now multiply that by thousands of others, just like you, who seek to silence others for things like being born male or being a Christian?

And you think that will protect Roe vs. Wade? IT WILL DESTROY IT!

All thanks to you. You really should be proud. You are influential and becoming more influential every day.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Maybe they should at least listen more to the minority women?

Since when are women a minority?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So abortion advocates should instead push for an amendment instead of relying on courts, because courts can change their minds.

Fetal personhood advocates should push for an amendment, instead of trying to convince the courts to defy the 14th Amendment, which clearly states that the government has jurisdiction over "persons born", not the unborn.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Many in the pro life side claim that birth control also can kill the conceived egg and they should be banned so who knows.
I'm wondering how long it will take them to realized that in order to have healthy babies you have to have healthy sperm and egg so they should also be protected. They've already have found quite a few things that men and women do, years before conception occurs, that can cause all kinds of problems for developing babies.
While they seen to be all for forcing children to have children. I bet of they ever start regulating the behavior of guys alcohol intake throughout their lives to protect their future unborn fetuses that will a few steps too far.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was talking about the legislatures who are writing the crazy bills the majority who are male.
Maybe they should take the time to listen to the female minority in their debate and realize that they might know a little more on the subject of pregnancy? Or take the time out of their busy schedules to learn a little more about it?,

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The bill was sponsored by Terri Collins. I have a feeling she would take objection to being called a male.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

This is one small baby step towards making America great again.

Nobody thinks about the consequences of unprotected sex until it's too late and you're too pregnant to take a Plan B pill. If the mother's life is in danger or she was raped, I support abortion. But it's easy to go buy a $10 Plan B pill JUST IN CASE.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: Tempter

Such a backwards move for a country that likes to pretend it's the land of the free.

We don't have the freedom to murder. We may be the land of the free, but we also have laws.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I know the sponsor was a female republican. It doesn't change the fact the the majority in the Senate is male does it?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
Why is it that a group made up of, I believe, entirely men (there may be a few women in the statehouse there), are deciding the fate of what is 100% female? Regardless of there having been a questionable vote, having seen some video and there having been procedural problems, it is still a vote by men that absolutely FORCE women to continue with a pregnancy regardless of rape, incest, and the fact that a woman often has no idea they are pregnant until they miss a period and by then it is too late according to this law. If anything, there should be a referendum of women regarding this 100% woman's issue. Yes, men are involved in a pregnancy, but they don't have to carry a baby to term or go through labor and it is primarily the man that may abandon a woman and child and not the other way around.

Probably because men normally prevail with the cooler heads and aren't as sensitive when covering a subject. Men and women aren't geared the same. There are also tons of women who leave the man behind with the child(ren).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join