It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:
(post by NicSign removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: fleabit

There are balloon satellites these days.

Are you suggesting that all the cable companies are "in on it," or that they were launching and maintaining satellite balloons in 1993, when DirecTV launched their first satellite?

So, DirecTV, Dish, Verizon Fios, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Charter Spectrum, Broadstripe, Optimum, and Mediacom are all in cahoots with NASA and all other spaces agencies to hide the fact that rockets don't actually work in space?

Here is a list of DirecTV satellites and it includes their launch vehicles.

Oh, and many balloon satellites are actually inflated after they are put in orbit.

Finally, you can gauge distance to a satellite for Internet by latency. I guess they what.. added latency to make it seem like the signal was going further than it actually was?

It's pretty obvious you are just trolling folks with ludicrous comments that have no basis in reality.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

why you delete my post. No manners violation at all. All I said was pushing bowling balls out as you described is not the same thing as gas movement due to pressure gradient force.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

Soylent is not a moderator. He can't delete anything but his own words.

edit on 5/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

why you delete my post. No manners violation at all. All I said was pushing bowling balls out as you described is not the same thing as gas movement due to pressure gradient force.

I didn't delete any post, nor do I have the ability to.

And propellant being forced out of a rocket by pressure is the same principle as bowling balls being forced out of a rocket through other means.

The bowling balls are pushed with a force in one direction that is countered with a force in the opposite direction. The propellant is pushed with a force in one direction that is countered with a force in the opposite direction.

It's the same thing in principle.

edit on 5/7/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Oh, and many balloon satellites are actually inflated after they are put in orbit.
I don't think that's what he's talking about but I remember watching Echo I pass over. Long time ago, Was but a lad and skies were darker.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

i don't know who deleted but the notice is on top

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I know. I can see it. I can also see that you blamed Soylent, who is not a moderator and cannot delete anyone's posts.

You should be more careful with your accusations. And your other silly claims.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Anyways it was a reply to you. How is the rocket, using an arm to pushing the bowling balls the same as gas movement due to pressure gradient force? It's obviously not the same mechanism.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Anyways it was a reply to you.
No, it was a reply to Soylent.

Not the same mechanism but the same principle, Newton's third. Pressure gradient force is an expression of Newton's second.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I'll add to that the weather satellites I monitored myself in 1988 using a satellite dish and computer equipment I helped to install and set up. NOAA and METEOSAT satellites passing overhead with predictable regularity from a position that can only be achieved by a rocket.

I am still waiting for the OP to produce, in his own words, the proofs of how rocket exhaust behaves as it leaves the rocket snd hits the air behind it, how that much less dense air is able to somehow resist the thrust of the rocket, and why the pressure gradients created by the exhaust flow through the atmospheric medoum and the passage of the rocket through the atmosphere doesn't completely disrupt its ability to fly.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

His own words?

A youtube video isn't good enough for you?

tsk

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Rockets do work in space. How do you think satalites, the ISS and other things move around? The rocket pushes against itself to move forward. The action of the rocket or propellent being pushed out, produces a reaction that causes the vehicle to move forward.

I am not saying that rockets do or do not work in space. But your reply has failed to understand what the OP is saying. What is the rocket thrusting against to cause momentum if its in a void or per your explanation what reaction is caused in a void.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

We understand what the OP is saying. The OP is mistaken. A rocket does not need to thrust "against" anything. A rocket operates by pushing something in one direction. That creates thrust in the opposite direction.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We understand what the OP is saying. The OP is mistaken. A rocket does not need to thrust "against" anything. A rocket operates by pushing something in one direction. That creates thrust in the opposite direction.

You may understand or you may not but you should not answer on behalf of someone else whos reply did not understand.

If a rocket operates by pushing something in one direction in a vacuum. Can an astronaut do the same thing by kicking in a vacuum and creating a thrust in the opposite direction. Do astronauts swim through the void?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Still going
. Nicsign do you know what recoil is? Go shoot a blank and then a live round. Then come and tell us the difference you felt.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: Phage

You may understand or you may not but you should not answer on behalf of someone else whos reply did not understand.

If a rocket operates by pushing something in one direction in a vacuum. Can an astronaut do the same thing by kicking in a vacuum and creating a thrust in the opposite direction. Do astronauts swim through the void?

Nothing is being discharged. Two astronauts playing catch is a different matter. They'll move away from each other.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Can an astronaut do the same thing by kicking in a vacuum and creating a thrust in the opposite direction.
Not unless they kick their boot off.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Beestie

Nothing is being discharged. Two astronauts playing catch is a different matter. They'll move away from each other.

I have just read through this thread expecting an explanation to why a rocket causes thrust in space. I was surprised not to see a an answer.

and what is the mechanism they wil make two astronauts move away from each other playing catch. If you are in a void. Where is the resistance to make the inertia move you.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Not unless they kick their boot off.

You have not answered the question. Something you have done repeatedly in this thread. So whats the difference. Why does one create movement and the other not.

edit on 8-5-2019 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join