It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Beestie

They beat the air into submission. Thought everybody knew that!

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I always thought they vibrated so badly that the earth repels them.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

Or you are?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wait a minute. A rocket does both those things. The thrust beats the air into submission and when it reaches high altitude the earth repels it into space from the vibration.

Disclaimer : No scientist where involved in the construction of this theory.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The rocket works in space because it is ejecting reaction mass from the craft at high speed, producing thrust in the opposite direction.

Newton's third law come on guy.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
it is one thing to be scientifically illiterate and or have a false premise - but to willfully maintain such - through a 11 page thread - requires something " special " ......................

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It’s because rockets don’t work in space. People have been brainwashed to think throwing an object is the same thing as gas movement due to pressure gradient force.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

there is a reason why you have not been " brainwashed "

its the same reason that women never wash thier scrotum

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign

f you used a leaf blower, then you are using pressure gradient force (propeller creates an area of low pressure).

If I throw a bowling ball when I'm on a skateboard, the resulting opposite reaction of that throwing force makes me roll in the opposite direction.

If gasses escape with a force out of a rocket nozzle (because, as you correctly say, a pressure gradient in a rocket causes the high pressure gasses to escape out the nozzle to areas of lower pressure), the resulting opposite reaction from the force of those escaping gasses propels the rocket.

So it sounds like we are all in agreement (including NicSign) that a pressure gradient does in fact cause the high pressure gasses in a rocket to be propelled out the nozzle with force to an area of lower pressure. Given that idea that we all agree upon, it seems a rocket can in fact work in space....

...That is, the force of that escaping gas must have an opposite force, which propels the rocket, just like the opposite force of throwing the bowling ball propelled me and my skateboard.

edit on 5/7/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The OP must be trolling. Only reasonable explanation. If not, I support eugenics from now on.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Lies in school huh? Equal and opposite reaction is a lie? Newton was full of it. All 'muh' science is a lie. Hmmm...

I have been going to work everyday for 30 years working as an engineer with a masters degree in engineering. If Newton's laws are made up then how do I get any of my equations to work? Ridiculous. Or am I part of the big conspiracy to cover up the fact that Newton's laws work and the Earth is, in fact, a sphere.

I'm sooooo convinced that you have to be a troll. There is no way anyone is this willfully ignorant about such basic science. You just want to waste people's time arguing that water isn't wet. SMH

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Just because they teach you lies in school doesn’t mean their lies become true.

Unlike you, I don't blindly believe something I've been told without first verifying.

You may choose to blindly believe as fact what some guy on YouTube tells you, and you won't feel the need to use critical thinking skills, logic, and confirmable knowledge to verify what that YouTube guy is telling you is factual, but I don't.

I don't blindly believed something a teacher had once told me in school as being a "fact". I take that information as "neutral" and then I use critical thinking skills, logic, and confirmable knowledge to verify that information before I consider it as being factual.

I admit, some of this has been done in retrospect, because I may not have had the critical thinking skills during all of my school years that I have now. But I do now often take inventory of what I was taught in school and give it a critical thinking shakedown.

Maybe you should open your mind and your world view to something other than what some guy on YouTube tells you to think. Maybe you should develop the critical thinking skills necessary to give YouTube information a shakedown before actually believing it.

edit on 5/7/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Can you hear sound in space?

"No, you cannot hear any sounds in near-empty regions of space. Sound travels through the vibration of atoms and molecules in a medium (such as air or water). In space, where there is no air, sound has no way to travel."

c/o Cool Cosmos

coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...
edit on 7-5-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

a reply to: ausername

Makes you wonder if there are any satellites up there

Not really. When you point a dish for Internet or something like DirecTV at a point in the sky where a satellite lives, and you DO receive services, where do you think those are coming from exactly? Magic? : )

There are obviously satellites, ergo they had to be placed there. Which means rockets have to work in the vacuum of space. Oh.. and there is all that silly science stuff as well, that proves you are wrong.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beestie
The OP must be trolling. Only reasonable explanation. If not, I support eugenics from now on.

I dont think they are trolling...

So far they have hit "rockets dont work, no satellites in space, dont believe what the man tells you unless it's some random awakened mind on YouTube then believe them"

Without knowing anything else I am sure this person has to be a Flat Earther and that truly says all you need to know about them.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JonInMichigan

Well obviously you’re to ignorant to understand my point. Can you prove that there is an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force?

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Radio signal and underground cables.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Radio signal and underground cables.

You have never set up a dish before, have you?

If you had, you'd know why you are wrong.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Beestie

I dont think they are trolling...

So far they have hit "rockets dont work, no satellites in space, dont believe what the man tells you unless it's some random awakened mind on YouTube then believe them"

Without knowing anything else I am sure this person has to be a Flat Earther and that truly says all you need to know about them.

My gast is flabbered. There isn't enough faces to palm on this one.
I know I shouldn't laugh at the mentally challenged but I give myself a pass. In fact I give everyone the pass on this one. Hahahahahahaha......

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I have and my dish point more horizontally than vertically

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join