It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
(post by looneylupinsrevenge removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A vacuum can get good airflow too. But no opposite force

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
There are 3 basic principles that cause a rocket to produce thrust.

1.Objects at rest will stay at rest and objects in motion will stay in motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

2.Force is equal to mass times acceleration.

3.For every action there is always an opposite and equal reaction.

For a rocket in space newton's 3rd law comes into effect.The rocket pushes on the gas, and the gas in turn pushes on the rocket. Ironically rockets work better in space because they don't have the pressure of the atmosphere to slow down thrust.

The higher the velocity of the expanding gas the greater the thrust as it pushes against the rocket. To prevent a rocket from moving it must have considerably more mass than the pressure the expanding gas can create. For example I could take a co2 canister in space and it wouldnt be enough to move an astronaut noticeably. It would provide thrust just be so minor it would be difficult to tell. But now hook up 100 co2 canisters and I have this.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Again. You have to prove that the rocket and gas are action reaction pair. I have proven they are not. The momentum given to gas was provided by pressure gradient force. Like when you drop a ball from your hand, the action reaction pair is not the ball and your hand. Momentum is given by gravity

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

2nd

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

The momentum given to gas was provided by pressure gradient force.

What is the direction of pressure gradient force? What is the direction of the momentum?

edit on 5/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A blowers blows and a vacuum cleaner sucks, they are not related you are all crazy.

Next thing people will say is that man can actually go past the Van Allen radiation belt and live...
edit on 6-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

But when the two get together. And they love each other very much...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But when the two get together. And they love each other very much...

I know what happens when you do that...

edit on 6-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

High pressure moves to low pressure. So the direction would be towards space

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Your proof what happens when someone fails science but had access to internet. Rockets have nothing to do with pressure gradient force. Pressure gradiant force works vertically in an atmosphere. Basically the more gas I put into a volume the higher the pressure as we go down. This is caused by gravity and has nothing to do with rockets that use chemical reactions to increase pressure.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So, in space, that would be in all directions. Correct? That force would be equally exerted over the entire interior surface of whatever vessel is pressurized. So, which direction is the momentum directed in? Come to think of it, it doesn't matter if it's in space or not. Right?

Where does the pressure come from, btw?
edit on 5/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Next thing people will say is that man can actually go past the Van Allen radiation belt and live...

Well...y'know...umm...

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Not sure what to say here... maybe find other sources than YouTube.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

if only we could go to launch sites and observe for ourselves rockets going up and up until no longer visible because they're in space.
That would be amazeballs. too bad da gubbament and da illuminorty has always prevented people from observing such things themselves.....

Just like how they stop us from going to the edge of the world to prove it is flat........

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: Alchemst7

Vacuum cleaner merely creates low pressure. Vacuum of space is extreme low pressure.

The vacuum of space is extreme low pressure??

Says who? Where's your scientific evidence??? Have you measured that yourself? If not you, then who?? Why do you believe THAT person?

Oh right, you believe what YOU want. Just like most religion, or anything really, you pick and choose whatever suits your argument in the moment.

I'll play nice though and give you a simple physics exercise to demonstrate how simple this is. I'm 200lbs, a boy is 20lbs, were both in a pool floating, he puts his feet on my chest and pushes off, yes I'm 10x his mass, but still he pushes me the opposite direction a tiny bit. I am the rocket, he is the exhaust gas.

The big difference in space is there is nearly zero resistance, so I would continue on my trajectory until acted upon again.

Have you ever pushed a huge yacht easily with your hands? That's similar to how things work in space, small force, slow reaction, long term motion.

In space, tiny forces work because there is no resistance. You're searching for resistance to understand the physics, but look at it from the other side.

If you think the scientists are liars then why do you even believe space is a vacuum?

edit on 7-5-2019 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: cenpuppie

You realize you don't science right?

Dude, you REALLY don't understand physics. Maybe youre having a hard time because gasses are invisible, so you can't imagine they have MASS, so let's try this one:

You stand on a skateboard on a polished perfect concrete floor, and you throw a 20lb bowling ball AS HARD AS YOU CAN directly inline with the wheels.

What moves? You or bowling ball?

You both do!! You will move inversely proportional to your weight compared to the bowling ball.

So forget gasses and load the rocket up with bowling balls that it can launch out it's ass. It will accelerate with the same force as 20lbs worth of gasses (exhaust or simply compressed nitrogen/hydrazine/piss/whatever)

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This is pure gold
nicsign please do a thread on how you think a heli rotor works. Please oh please

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Are you impaired? en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

So either they are lying that space is a vacuum or they are lying about rockets in space. Either way they are lying.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

How is the rocket going to push out bowling balls?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join