It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw it coming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ok what I'm about to tell you is the entire truth, this has happened in the last 24 hours and I am totally speechless...

Last night I was aware that it was going to snow throughout the night and a bit today. I fell asleep like usual last night and woke up as usual this morning, but I had a vivid dream, I dreamt that I was in a car crash. In the dream I was taking a corner, spun out of control and crashed. When the car was out of control in the dream I had a moment to say to everyone in the car 'Hold on we're gonna crash'.

It is now 9:49 PM and at around 8:00 PM I had a head-on crash and wrote my car off, *Luckily* I am totally fine, not a scratch. I was driving up a road near to my house to go pick up my friend and a gritter was travelling down the road towards me. There were two parked cars on the road, so only me or the gritter was going through. I saw the gritter slowing down so I presumed it was letting me through. Suddenly I realised it wasn't and I was about to get crushed by a ten tonne truck. I slammed on the brakes, which didn't help considering it's been snowing on and off for the last day, the car lost control, I *Luckily* managed to make it swerve to the side and smash into a parked car. The weirdest thing is that when the car was out of control I had a moment to think to myself, everything was calm, everything was quiet. I thought to myself 'right I'm gonna crash', released the steering wheel and let it happen.

All day I've been thinking about crashing (because of my dream) and then the journey I wasn't thinking about it I crashed. I dont know whats happened here today but it's been weird...

Well anyone time to go sort out insurance! Fun fun!

Oh and another thing, the gritter didn't stop, my car looked a mess, anyone who saw it would have presumed people were hurt inside. Couldn't believe it when they didn't even stop to check I was ok.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm glad you're okay and that the accident was'nt worse.

Do you think that haveing that dream helped prepare you in
advance so that you reacted better to prevent the accident
from being worse than it was? Is that why you had that
moment of calmness?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I really don't know. When I saw that I was going to crash I didn't even think about the dream, I just thought 'It's ok, at least I'm not going head on into the gritter'.

Why did I have that dream though? Do you think it was just a total consiquence?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi, boy its been some time since I last posted!
Your thread made me do it, its just to delicious. Well now, my thoughts. In some way it seemed to me that whatever happened to you might change the curs of your life for the better. Your subconscious part of the brain made you feel calm in a time that most of us would just make dumb scared faces as we glide towards our crash. And the fact that you had a dream about it the night before also supports the theory that this is some type of planed change in your life.

But never forget, coincidence fools us every day so it might just be nothing, thats up to you to decide.

The only real strange part is that other car not stopping to see what happened. I mean that even supports the "plan" idea even more. Maybe that was the courpret all along or maybe the car was in your mind. Weird and nice, nice to hear a happy end once in a while here at ATS.

Very glad to hear your safe! Did you get a checkup? If not get one anyways just to make sure your OK. Oh and by the way, [size=18][color=#FF0000]DRIVE SAFE

Have a nice day

[edit on 2-3-2005 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I saw it coming

Ok what I'm about to tell you is the entire truth, this has happened in the last 24 hours and I am totally speechless...

That is right!! You have seen IT coming. It will be the greatest event of your life, and don't worry of the Nothing. IT will come , that's your dream, that's your destination!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

That is right!! You have seen IT coming. It will be the greatest event of your life, and don't worry of the Nothing. IT will come , that's your dream, that's your destination!

Vertu-- Why do you respond to nearly EVERY thread with comments similar to this one? It is never on topic or contributing to the thread. I am getting tired of this, and hope a mod reviews your posts.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Psychic experiences can often be explained by gifted insight, coincidence and other prosaic explanations. I think that may be the case here. By which I mean: you already knew it was snowing. A common concern we all have, knowing we have to drive in it, is the possibility of an accident. Lots of people are apprehensive about driving in snow. So while asleep, your subconscious exercizes itself around your apprehension. You dream of an accident. The fact that you actually had one is a coincidence. That you found yourself repeating what had already gone through your mind is unsurprising - it was already "on the tip of your tongue", so to speak.

Before anyone castigates me for being a close minded skeptic, please be assured that I am intrigued by all psychic phenomena and concede the possibility that some of it is genuine. However, I think we do the field a disservice if we are too open minded and don't allow for all the familiar devices of fraud, coincidence, gifted insight and so on.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
``
excellent ZEN moment,, (when you let go)

sometimes a reaction or conscious maneuver does more-harm-than-good

its unlikely that instantaneous 'presence of mind' works absolutely each time for every circumstance...i guess thats why we say 'thanks'

the vehicle loss is unfortunate,
but, like you observed....theres the insurance hoops to jump thru now!
->Karma

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies.

It's now 12:27AM - Crash happened at 8:00PM and I'm starting to feel the effects of whiplash. When it actually happened I felt perfectly fine, apart from the shakey feeling in my body, but now my backs starting to hurt, necks very tense etc. all the symptoms of whiplash. So looks like I'll have to stay in bed all day tomorrow, oh dear what a shame.

Insurance was all good to sort out, just looks like I wont have a car for a few months. Hey I only passed my test in September 2004

Not good to write off a car after only six months of driving! Oh well, at least I'm still here able to tell you of my experience and not hooked up to some drip in intensive care.

TheDarkFlame - What you were saying about 'The Plan' seems very interesting, thinking about it, the gritter looked different. It looked weird, not in a bad way, just like it was driving itself, like it was about to drive into the mist and never be seen again. Ha, maybe I did bang my head a little-

[edit on 2-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
Vertu-- Why do you respond to nearly EVERY thread with comments similar to this one? It is never on topic or contributing to the thread. I am getting tired of this, and hope a mod reviews your posts.

Because it is what all the thread about. The "IT" is the start of a very big event concerning the Author, and he is going to benefit from this unique event. IT is something very big, and the start of a brand new happy life. IT is coming, of course why wouldn't it come? Only the "Nothing" could turn things bad, but he will see that "nothing" will not be a factor in this great issue regarding huge Money.

I can decrypt his emotions because I have the skill to do so. He is happy, and he will be even more happy.

Good Night!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Huge Money?!

What? When? Where?!

I feel different. Defaintly like a different person, I feel like I should stop complaining about little things because that's just part of life. Wow- this has really shook me up, but made me feel safer, made me feel like someone is actually out there watching me, checking I don't do anything silly like drive head on into big trucks.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Huge Money?!

Wow- this has really shook me up, but made me feel safer, made me feel like someone is actually out there watching me, checking I don't do anything silly like drive head on into big trucks.

That is correct. You are not alone, and your safety is guaranteed. Those steps you were unable to take, and they found ways through. Your destination will soon be in your hands and you will never feel stressed again. You WILL be a different person, and you will think differently.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
That is correct. You are not alone, and your safety is guaranteed. Those steps you were unable to take, and they found ways through. Your destination will soon be in your hands and you will never feel stressed again. You WILL be a different person, and you will think differently.

How can you make assumptions like that?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How can you make assumptions like that?

Because I know the Truth behind it!!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And do you care to explain what the truth is? And behind what?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As I said "the plan", I meant that maybe this event in your life was planed and that that car did just what it had to do to make it work. The fact that it just drove away and finally dissapeard into to horizon, while you could have been badly hurt, makes me picture some type of satisfied conciense smiling as it drove away from the seen thinking "it worked!" and then after "I knew nothing bad would happen, but then again I told him what to do, in his dream ".
You better put on your seatbelt cause maybe somethings got a "master plan" for you.
*EDIT* By the way, if I could grade this thread, I would give it a 9 out of 10. Nice to read.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks

So are you trying to say someones out their to get me? Or help me?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Phixion-

Thanks for sharing your story... Its quite the adrenaline-pumper. I don't have much to say though, other than I am glad you are okay! If you are feeling any after-effects, its best to go see a doctor sooner than later.

But on a seperate note, don't pay any attention to what Vertu is saying. Look at all of the other threads he responds to with almost the exact same remarks, completely taking the thread off topic and amusing himself with this cryptic banter about money and knowing members' fates.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks - yeah i'm feeling fine now, don't think I was injured at all.

Well my heart starting beating a bit faster when he mentioned money but I then also realised that it's proabably 99.9% not true, but I'm still going to buy a lottery ticket this weekend

Edit: Oh yeah I've just read through my first post, when I said;

" I *Luckily* managed to make it swerve to the side and smash into a parked car."

I've been thinking today, and I really don't see how I could have made it swerve. The sterring was locked, the wheels were just sliding across the road, I had no grip at all. To tell you the truth, I think the car just went to the side itself. Scary stuff, could have gone the other way and been a completely different story.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by phixion]

[edit on 3-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah! You just may be on a lucky streak.... Good luck

top topics

<<   2 >>

join