It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches, hotels attacked Colombo Sri Lanka

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Theres absolutely nothing cryptic about any if this, its really very simple and laid out clearly for you. Im not going to recap it for you again. If you don't understand or can't follow what's being said I'm sorry. I can't help you with that.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If the human race didn't have religion, then we'd find other ways to divide us and kill each other.

Tragic.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

What a myopic view of the world.

So you think because someone has a religion, they cannot enjoy this day because others think or believe differently than we do? Sheer idiocy. I am going to wake up my husband in a few, we're going to cook our traditional Easter meal, celebrate the day with family, and celebrate it in the manner of our faith.

And I will do so without caring one whit what you do or don't believe or think. Same as my neighbors or some Muslims over there, etc.

It's Easter. Christ rose on this day (or not this day specifically, but this is the day we celebrate that event and what it means). I have better things to do than worry about people who choose not to believe that.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Skinny vs fat... pretty vs ugly... white vs brown vs black etc etc...

yet another iron clad fact given out in this thread, we don't need reasons to kill each other it seems to be in our dna.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Religion is not the droid you are looking for.

If a religion can show you god, sweet.

But if a representative of a religion tells you about god and starts to boss you around- RUN

By the way Buddha is real, he still exists (kinda) but is not a god nor does it require followers, i think if we all went that way for example not a single head would roll.(Well heads would still roll but just animals cause i like to kill and eat things and take their eads)
edit on 21-4-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Where are those members that said these events were accidents ?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
Atheism and western civilization would not exist without religion. Everyone should be thankful for Judeo-Christian values for creating our great society which values individual liberties & privacy/property rights, as well as, universities & scientific/medical advancements and franchises like Star Wars, the Matrix & Lord of Rings, which all derive from religion, as well as, the preservation of historical literature by the Catholic church. Western Civilization and the things it has brought us (libraries, universities, electricity, trains, combustion engines, refrigeration, automobiles, airplanes, radios, radars, microwaves, TVs, computers, satellites, GPS, spaceships, smartphones, etc.) would not exist without the Judeo-Chrisitan advancement of western civilization. It amazes me how so many can be so ignorant of this fact. Without religion we'd all still he living in caves & we would have no written languages. If one pays close attention, you'll realize as western civilization is falling away from God & family more atrocities like this are occurring: attacks on churches, school shootings, gang violence, police brutality, corrupt politics, etc..

Islam is a perversion of Arianism, which is a perversion of Christianity. Its incompatible where there is a separation of church & state. Under Islam religion & government are one and the same. According to PEW Research center over 50% of muslims worldwide support the global implementation of Sharia Law.

Are these the same western Christians who tortured and burned athiests, or the same ones that controlled entire countries like Ireland making mother and baby homes, where the woman was condemned a sinner forced to be a slave, birth a hold without help, forced to care and bond with the child then have it ripped from the mother's arms and sold to a rich American couple. Or if the baby didn't survive thrown into a drainage system.
It's no coincidence that Western society started to thrive and improve when he enlightenment occurred, when scientists could hone their crafts and work on discoveries with out the fear of persecution.
How many women died in the western world due to witch trials and out dated beliefs they could not use birth control becuase of some dusty old book.

Theres a reason why the dark ages started when pagan religions where took over from Christian religions, peoples life expectancy dropped due to poor hygiene because the same dusty book. Scientific discoveries all but finished instead replaced with superstition.

Religion has been a blight on western society and held us back centuries not made it better

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Religion is not the droid you are looking for.

If a religion can show you god, sweet.

But if a representative of a religion tells you about god and starts to boss you around- RUN

By the way Buddha is real, he still exists (kinda) but is not a god nor does it require followers, i think if we all went that way for example not a single head would roll.(Well heads would still roll but just animals cause i like to kill and eat things and take their eads)

So are you suggesting Buddhism is non violent and has never had a death toll, war or caused lives lost
I can not believe some people on this site

Since the end of the nation's 26-year civil war, in which the Tamil Tigers, a rebel group from the ethnic Tamil minority, sought independence from ethnic Sinhala Buddhist majority Sri Lanka, the country has seen sporadic ethnic and religious violence
www.smh.com.au...

Just clueless

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Notre Dame was an accident , NYC was a man with mental health problems , how does today's obvious terror attack link to the other two ?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

So tell me, how many people died in the witch trials, it’s clear you havnt a freaking clue

Birth control, what? Seriously, do you have a clue about birth control, do you have any idea what you are talking about, are you so seriously that completely ignorant of history.

The dusty old book doesn’t deny birth control and it condemns churches stealing children

You are an embarrassing black hole of intelligence. Science didn’t exist in Western society till after the Protestant church

Talk it up with your sheer avalanche of mindless ignorance but prove one single point of that nonsense childish drivel.
The Irish Catholic Church do not operate from that “ old dusty book” mostly none of the Catholic Church do.

Let’s look at pagans sacrificing children, oh no, let’s not, you wouldn’t believe pagans killed children to their gods

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
The religion of peace strikes again.

I thought ISIS had been defeated?!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Islam..........the religion of pieces.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

If Notre Dame was arson, then it was an inside job. Had to be. Computer glitch? The alarm that went off was apparently somehow misdirected, and led the fire security team in the wrong direction(?), while the fire smoldered for 20 minutes.

Since no-one was killed, no bombs went off, it's hard to blame the Notre Dame incident of the same people responsible for these horrific Sri Lankan attacks.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
The religion of peace strikes again.

I thought ISIS had been defeated?!

By “the religion of peace” they mean Islam, not IS.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Have the authorities declared all of this and accident yet?

NEWS BREAKING CNN NEWS JIHADI'S TRIPPED OVER ALTERS AND ACCIDENTLY
BOMBED 7 CHRISTIAN CHURCHES AT 9 WITH ANDERSON Pooper

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Since no-one was killed, no bombs went off, it's hard to blame the Notre Dame incident of the same people responsible for these horrific Sri Lankan attacks.

Yeah, pretty safe to say the secularist Tamil Tigers didn't burn down Notre Dame.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
it Seems one of the churches attacked was a Evangelical/Protestant church meaning it was anti christian not anti catholic

There seem to have been many Tamil Catholics but doesn’t seem related to anything in relation to the attacks I can find. An attack on Christians and Sri Lanka tourism

Buddhists and Muslims are not getting along in Sri Lanka but why go at the christians?
www.bbc.com...
edit on 21-4-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No, i say if you want to free yourself from the circle of reincarnation, go for it, its a real thing.
Lord Buddha has nothing to do with modern temples.

But as for bread and fish tricks, meh, same goes for clay golems and weener mutilation.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Muslims bomb other wrong thinking Muslims why would they pick and choose which Christians bomb? Buddhists aren't known to be suicide bombers unless it's some nationalist attack

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
Muslims bomb other wrong thinking Muslims why would they pick and choose which Christians bomb? Buddhists aren't known to be suicide bombers unless it's some nationalist attack

The Tamil Tigers, the ones who conducted the bombings according to the recent reports, have an ideology that disavows religion, it's a secularist movement.

edit on 21-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join