It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches, hotels attacked Colombo Sri Lanka

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
The religion of peace strikes again.

I thought ISIS had been defeated?!

Tamils would be the likely suspect..they are Hindu for the most part(correction..secular for the most part). That wont stop ignorant buffoons talking about "religion of peace" and it could well be Islamic terror..too soon to say.
edit on 21-4-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the human race didn't have religion, then we'd find other ways to divide us and kill each other.

Tragic.

Like climate change,gmo,my bank account doesn't have enough zeros, gun violence, and Mauh Russia.

The only species on the planet that invents ways to be unhappy.

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I thought ISIS had been defeated?!

Tamils would be the likely suspect..they are Hindu for the most part(correction..secular for the most part). That wont stop ignorant buffoons talking about "religion of peace" and it could well be Islamic terror..too soon to say.

No, Tamils are not the likely suspect, Buddhist extremists are. It needs to be clarified, and evidently beat into heads, that the TTs are a combination of the minority religions. They're against the Buddhist majority, and the Buddhists have their own nasty little terrorist group on the island, Bodu Bala Sena. That particular group does a great job of targeting the Muslim minority, and if they wanted to stir the s#pot further, going after all the elements that make up the Tamil Tigers is the way to do that. They've gone after the Muslims, now they hit the Christians hard. That'll do for sowing distrust and paranoia.
edit on 4/21/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Rewey

There is rich irony in this.

Across the globe "Christians" (the remnant) are celebrating Easter while at the same time, Christian Haters get the gift of dead Christians.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Trueman

You are believing what you've been told to believe.

Given the available evidence it's the logical conclusion.

Available is not reliable. No evidence, they gave you words only.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You could be right, I'm not super familiar with Bodu Bala Sena. Do they do suicide attacks?
Time will tell.

All I know is, I'm sick of everybodys religion.
edit on 21-4-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Carrying a plate, the man, who had registered at the hotel the night before as Mohamed Azzam Mohamed, was just about to be served when he set off his devastating strike in the packed restaurant, a manager at the Sri Lankan hotel said.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You could be right, I'm not super familiar with Bodu Bala Sena. Do they do suicide attacks?
Time will tell.

All I know is, I'm sick of everybodys religion.

Not offhand that I know of, but it's well worth noting that EVERY group that has ever utilized suicide bombers always had a first suicide bombing campaign. It's a threshold that must be crossed at some point if a group is willing, rather than a preexisting MOS with no beginning event.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
Carrying a plate, the man, who had registered at the hotel the night before as Mohamed Azzam Mohamed, was just about to be served when he set off his devastating strike in the packed restaurant, a manager at the Sri Lankan hotel said.

news.yahoo.com...

If that's the case, it's not going to go over well with the Muslims in the Tamil Tigers at all. They'll see it as f#ing them & their cause over.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

True, my only thought regarding that is..in the particular religion, where would the suicide bomber go? some would go to hell for committing suicide..ie Catholics, In others, they would be a martyr and go to paradise.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
sad aspect of this is all the people focusing hate at religions when in reality the religion is strictly a window dressing used to justify abhorrent actions for power hungry people that have brainwashed/ manipulated weaker minded people into doing these acts for the good of the leaders and no one else.

Not in the name of Buddha, or Allah, or Yahweh or Jesus, just the power hungry people leading the groups 95% of the time.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
“Sri Lankan police arrest seven terror suspects after 'being warned of Easter attack by Muslim extremists TEN DAYS before suicide bombers killed 207 people'”

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Interesting if true, kinda wonder what is going on
More Buddhist retaliation coming at muslims? Complete social media blackout from Sri Lanka

Yep so far 207 killed and two were Americans however the death toll is expected to rise further. The government has banned social media to stop (????)..youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Christian retaliation?
Where?

Enzed shooter was not a Christian
US government in the ME is secular as is the coalition
What other "things" have I missed in this terrorist war

So far it seems the Muslims are attacking thevWest and Christians and the secular west is attacking Muslims?

Am I missing something, misunderstanding something

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yeah that's a very interesting comment
The Buddhists have been killing the Tamils now go killa few Christians, act like Muslims and set off a powder keg.
I just don't think the Buddhists would target hotels, that is a Muslim terrorist action
The Buddhists would be hurting their own economy

The Tamils are non religious evidently but have a few different types of beliefs mixed in to their communities

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
One of the bomber coward sharmata-stains. . . .

One of the alleged suicide bombers behind the attack on the Shangri La hotel has been identified as Islamic extremist Zahran Hashim.

iotwreport.com... obic/

But, of course, if you say the person's name, you are islamophobic.

However, Al-Jazeera journalist Saif Khalid suggested that even reporting Hashim’s name was “Islamophobic.”
“Indian media’s blatant Islamophobia at display,” tweeted Khalid.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Being afraid of the largest purveyors of terrorism isn't a phobia. Phobias are irrational fears. Muslims are actually killing people by the thousands every year and we're expected to be grateful for the privilege.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they spent as much time and energy purging these radicals from their ranks as they did pretending they are afraid the rest of us are going to turn on every single one of them, this problem would be solved by now.

Why am I reminded of the Joker?
edit on 21-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
6 separate explosions in Catholic churches and luxury hotels
Information is yet to be updated

www.dailymirror.lk...

“At least six explosions were reported this morning at three churches in Kochchikade, Katana, and Batticaloa and three five-star hotels in Colombo, police said.”

www.smh.com.au...

129 dead and 200 injured, retaliation for Christchurch shooting at a mosque?

Sri Lanka still recovering after a 25 year war with Tamils has been a great tourist destination
Cripple the Sri Lankan economy?

au.news.yahoo.com...

No retaliation. Just muslims doing what they do, murdering Christians and anyone else that doesn't believe in their pedophile allah.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
One has to wonder whether these terrorists had viewed the recent (past month) release of the excellent movie,

"Hotel Mumbai"........a movie banned in several countries.....I doubt if many USAians would have seen it....tho many Canadians would have, with their large Indian population.

This movie could have planted some fresh ideas in simple peoples heads.

I love how the Christian church has a White European guy with fair hair as Hey-Zeus Christos.

Very sad.....

BTW, the people in Turbans Are Not MOSLEMS......they are Sikhs.

edit on 21-4-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: chr0naut

No one will ever be able to defend against these nutcases unless they attend to actual malefactors instead of laying blame upon the innocent.

In other words ... blame white males?

These types of terrorist crimes have not been perpetuated only by white males, nor are they perpetuated by all white males in existence.

In the case of the Sri Lankan bombings, the perpetrators are believed to be Tamil. But this would not make all Tamil people culpable.

Nor are the majority of Tamils Moslem. Most Tamils are Christians, Hindus, Buddhists or Jains. So this is likely not some sort of backlash for Christchurch.

To believe the criminal actions of individuals can be blamed upon any particular group of people on racial, religious or cultural lines, is the ultimate in bigoted stupidity and carries the blame for this inane concept perpetrating further crimes of hatred and bigotry.

Only the actual criminals are guilty of the crimes.

edit on 21/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join