It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curious Case of Felix Sater

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Excellent thread

I am sorry I missed it when you started it

Tons of info to digest

I don’t know what to make of it all yet but is certainly raises a lot of questions

But this sort of research is exactly what makes ats great

Well done!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ucanthandlethetruth

Blaine Internaitonal:

BLANE INTERNATIONAL GROUP, INC.

Company Number
K411314
Previous Company Numbers

Status
Active/Compliance
Incorporation Date
2 May 1994 (about 25 years ago)
Company Type
Domestic Profit Corporation
Jurisdiction
Georgia (US)
Registered Address

6915 SUNBRIAR DRIVE, CUMMING, GA, 30040, USA
United States

Agent Name
TATIANA BLANE
Agent Address
Directors / Officers

TATIANA BLANE, agent
TATIANA BLANE, ceo
TATIANA BLANE, cfo
TATIANA BLANE, secretary

Open Corporates

With regards to TMB International:

TMB INTERNATIONAL, INC.

Company Number
E0546202008-5
Native Company Number
E0546202008-5
Status
Permanently Revoked
Incorporation Date
27 August 2008 (almost 11 years ago)
Company Type
Domestic Corporation
Jurisdiction
Nevada (US)
Agent Name
UNITED STATES CORPORATION AGENTS, INC
Agent Address
500 N RAINBOW BLVD STE 300A, LAS VEGAS, NV, 89107
Inactive Directors / Officers

DAVID MCCALLUM, director
GENE HARRIS, president
STAN FREDRICKSON, secretary
STAN FREDRICKSON, treasurer
UNITED STATES CORPORATION AGENTS, INC, agent

Open Corporates

Looking at the address in Google maps yields a generic looking strip center with modular commercial rental space that has what appears to be office/retail space along with garage/storage space attached:

Same incorporation date as listed at the site you linked so better than average chance this is the same company. There's a few more names for you to run down if you were so inclined.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm about to reignite this thread. After that long intermission.

But man, as an aside to my ATS peeps, if the tornado sirens ever go off in your hometown, PAY ATTENTION. Because while I typically lived my life up to Memorial Day weekend not paying much attention to them this was an F4 that did serious serious damage to my area. Talk about scary... the one time it's not a false alarm.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
write the book

write the book

write the book

I read it all in one sitting and LOVED it I cannot give enough starts and flags

LOL I do think at this point I could have enough material for a book. It's on the bucket list if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Though I do find it interesting the lack of interest regarding Sater, considering he is quite the character!
He truly brings the word enigma to life.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Excellent thread

I am sorry I missed it when you started it

Tons of info to digest

I don’t know what to make of it all yet but is certainly raises a lot of questions

But this sort of research is exactly what makes ats great

Well done!

Thanks Grambler! Quite the compliment coming from you - as I've read many of your threads and enjoy them.

It is quite the puzzle and I've not come close to figuring it out myself. It's frustrating to feel like you have tens of thousands of pieces but can't make them all fit together. I've been curious and researching Sater since 2017 and still don't feel much closer to sorting all this out than I was two years ago. So there's that... haha

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: ucanthandlethetruth

Blaine Internaitonal:

BLANE INTERNATIONAL GROUP, INC.

Company Number
K411314
Previous Company Numbers

Status
Active/Compliance
Incorporation Date
2 May 1994 (about 25 years ago)
Company Type
Domestic Profit Corporation
Jurisdiction
Georgia (US)
Registered Address

United States

Agent Name
TATIANA BLANE
Agent Address
Directors / Officers

TATIANA BLANE, agent
TATIANA BLANE, ceo
TATIANA BLANE, cfo
TATIANA BLANE, secretary

Open Corporates

With regards to TMB International:

TMB INTERNATIONAL, INC.

Company Number
E0546202008-5
Native Company Number
E0546202008-5
Status
Permanently Revoked
Incorporation Date
27 August 2008 (almost 11 years ago)
Company Type
Domestic Corporation
Jurisdiction
Nevada (US)
Agent Name
UNITED STATES CORPORATION AGENTS, INC
Agent Address
500 N RAINBOW BLVD STE 300A, LAS VEGAS, NV, 89107
Inactive Directors / Officers

DAVID MCCALLUM, director
GENE HARRIS, president
STAN FREDRICKSON, secretary
STAN FREDRICKSON, treasurer
UNITED STATES CORPORATION AGENTS, INC, agent

Open Corporates

Looking at the address in Google maps yields a generic looking strip center with modular commercial rental space that has what appears to be office/retail space along with garage/storage space attached:

Same incorporation date as listed at the site you linked so better than average chance this is the same company. There's a few more names for you to run down if you were so inclined.

Thanks JAC! His early connection to Blane as his "recruiter" when he was in Russia is a thread I haven't pulled on much yet. This gives me more strings to pull. Appreciate it!

My biggest question regarding his story regarding his "recruitment" is it supposedly occurred AFTER the stock fraud scam when Sater left for Russia (returning to the US 1998) when he himself in an interview stated he was working with military intelligence way before the stock scam. He contradicts his own story there, so I'm skeptical regarding where/when his informant work officially began.

One of the many outstanding Sater mysteries. Maybe this guy has lived a lie so many years he's forgotten his own story to stick to?

The two most curious things he has stated in his interviews is 1) that above contradiction, and 2) the special mention he made in an interview (Aug 2017) where he pointedly states he was working at a Trump building back in 1996.

As a reminder, from the NY Mag Intelligencer Link

When I asked Sater how he first met Trump, he replied, “No comment on anything related to the president of the United States.” He savored a delicious pause. “But back in ’96, I rented the penthouse suite of 40 Wall Street,” a Trump-owned skyscraper. (A contemporary court record confirms he had an office there.) A few years later, Sater started doing deals to license Trump’s name for real-estate projects.

He seems to be making a veiled point here, and it's definitely a strange coincidence given all of the NY commercial real estate available, he would be in a Trump building as the $40 million stock scam was being run. Even back 4 years from 2000 when he states he introduced himself to Trump as part of Bayrock.

The stock scam that brought down some serious Mafia players at the time.

So did he actually flip while he was in prison for the bar fight in 1991, as he had stated his intelligence work began prior to the stock scam. Or did he flip after he got out of prison and came back from Russia with five of Osama bin Laden's phone numbers, as the officlal story is stated?

Bear in mind Rudy Guiliani is Mayor of NYC and still has many connections inside the NY prosecutor's office as this case from the 90s was being investigated and later prosecuted. The idea or notion that Trump-Guiliani trust each other and that Guiliani didn't know who Sater was during 2016-on when all these news reports in mainstream media were making Sater out to be a Russian mobster working for Semion Mogilevich.

edit on 14-6-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: edit

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So, to sum up the messy chronology of all this -

1991 - bar fight at El Rio Grande, cuts a guys face with a broken margarita glass and he needs over 100 stitches
6/1994 - after a couple appeals and a lengthy process, he enters prison until
9/1995 - he's released from NY prison

Source

NY Times describes the stock fraud case as happening from 1993 to 1996. Link

According to the indictment, the scheme, which lasted from 1993 to 1996, was led by John Doukas, 52, of Cross River, N.Y., and Walter Durchalter, 34, of Middle Village, N.Y., who together controlled the brokerage firms of White Rock Partners & Company and State Street Capital Markets Corporation in downtown Manhattan. In a ploy described as a ''pump and dump,'' Mr. Doukas, Mr. Durchalter and their partners secretly bought huge blocks of stock in four companies, then artificially inflated the stocks' value by flooding the marketplace with false and misleading information, the authorities said. When a stock reached what the brokers assumed was its height, they sold it swiftly and suddenly, the authorities added, ignoring frantic phone calls from helpless investors who also wanted to sell.

So are we the reader supposed to gather that Sater assisted with this stock fraud scam case while he's in prison half the time it's taking place? Confusion.

According to Newsweek, Source

Once out of jail, Sater went back to his job at the pump-and-dump operation; because of his rap sheet, he still couldn't find work in legitimate finance. But after about six more months, he says, he quit. “I was disgusted with myself,” he says. “I needed to leave the dark side.”His next stop: Russia. By the time Sater arrived in the mid-'90s, the Soviet Union had collapsed, Boris Yeltsin was in power, and Moscow had embraced a lawless version of capitalism. The city was anarchic, ruthless, but full of opportunity. Through connections on Wall Street, Sater started a telecommunications company in Russia selling transatlantic cable for voice and data transmission from the newly democratic countries of the former Soviet Union to AT&T. During that era, the once-powerful ­Soviet military and intelligence services were in disarray. Large swaths of both were being privatized. A bevy of former military officers and intelligence operatives went to work for businessmen—some legitimate, some with ties to organized crime, all looking for a piece of the new Russian economy. One man, a senior Soviet military intelligence official in ­Afghanistan during the Red Army's occupation, took an interest in Sater and his telecom company.Sater won't divulge the man's real name—he just refers to him as “E”—but he was an acquaintance who changed the American's life in unimaginable ways. The two soon became close, and Sater routinely went to banyas (saunas) with E and his friends to drink and relax. Almost all of E's friends were also former high-ranking military or intelligence officials.

While I'm super intrigued who "E" could be, what's messy about all this is we have

1994-1995 Sater sitting in prison
1996 - allegedly still helping with stock fraud scam until he went to Russia and starts telecom company, meets a lot of military and intelligence officials thru 1997
1998 - comes back to US and somehow has bin Laden phone numbers, information on Stinger missiles and is doing an agreement deal with people such as Andrew Weismann and Loretta Lynch

The federal indictment wasn't unsealed until the NY Times article came out in March of 2000. So did he come back knowing he was going to be indicted later? When did his cooperation begin? If we go by his own words in the one interview, his intelligence work began PRIOR to the stock scam which would mean the entire time he's in Russia it would be for intelligence work, given his mastery of the Russian language.

Further down in the Newsweek article it states he received a call from the US while he was in Russia in late 1998 letting him know he was going to be charged with fraud from the stock scam case.

Late in 1998, Sater got a call from an FBI agent in New York named Leo Taddeo, who told him about an investigation into the pump-and-dump operation on Wall Street that Sater had left behind—part of a broader probe into the Italian Mafia's expanding presence on Wall Street. The FBI had some dirt on Sater, who had gotten involved with two Brooklyn mob members—“guys whose job it was to keep other mobsters away”—before he went to Moscow, and Taddeo told him he was likely to be charged with fraud. If he came back and cooperated, a judge would take that into account at sentencing. (A former FBI official in New York says Sater's story is accurate.)

But per Sater's own words, he was coming out of prison with no money getting involved in the stock scam, yet the indictment states the scam was from 1993-1996. So how was he involved? I cannot find this detail. Did he come out of prison in Sept of 1995 and jump right back into something that would land him right back in prison??

Interview transcript

SATER: I went to jail and I did a year for that bar fight. When I came out, I had no money. Young child, had no money and in a moment of weakness, nothing that I`m proud of then or now, or have I ever been, got involved in the stock scam which is the shady side of Wall Street which was something that was devastating to me because I had planned to have a very successful Wall Street career. And I did that for less than two years, left voluntarily on my own, got out of it and – because I just hated it. I despised every day and every minute of it. And when I used to go to sleep, I used to hate it.

Ok but Sater, then you state right after that -

SATER: Well, first, let me clear up a small misconception that`s been reported is that the things that I`ve done in terms of national security in terms of my assistance to the government on financial crimes, whether it was Mafia or whether it was financial assaults on our financial institutions by cybercriminals, or terrorists such as Osama bin Laden, what`s most important and which has not been reported is that I started working for U.S. intelligence way before the stock case came around. So nobody came to me and said go do this for us and then you`ll get out of this.

Yes, I'm kind of beating a dead horse here, but I wanted to drive it home that Sater's "back story" and his facts even by his own words don't hold up under scrutiny. It becomes super unclear when/how his involvement with intelligence agencies began.
edit on 14-6-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: forgot link

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It wasn't until recently [5.16.19] a Judge in open court officially confirmed Sater did obtain Osama bin Laden's phone numbers. Politico wrote a story.

A federal judge has confirmed for the first time that Felix Sater, a former Donald Trump business associate who drove Trump Tower Moscow negotiations during the 2016 election, helped the U.S. government track down Osama bin Laden. During a hearing on Thursday in the Eastern District of New York — held as part of a lawsuit brought by First Look Media to unseal records related to Sater’s longtime cooperation with the government on various national security issues — Judge I. Leo Glasser said the media group already knew all of the “very interesting and dangerous things” Sater had done through his decade as an FBI informant. “He cooperated,” Glasser said. “And you know what he did over the 10, 11 years, because you told me that you know. He provided the telephone number of Osama bin Laden. He has done an awful lot of very interesting and dangerous things.”

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Two files were recently unsealed regarding Sater which confirms he was working a long-term investigation which led to being involved in two long-term investigations around international crime organizations.

These files are from 2004 and early 2005. One states his involvement asking for a delay and the other states he had traveled overseas and already provided over 30 recordings. Consensual recordings.

Source, Source

I'll ignore the fact this came from RawStory as it doesn't seem to be of interest to publications which are more than rags to have a more legitimate source. However, the files released are legit so if you don't like RawStory, just focus on the docs.

So while Sater is two offices down from Trump working on licensing real estate deals for Bayrock with the allure of the Trump brand name, he's also cooperating with the FBI on long-term international crime organizations. Traveling. Making recordings.

2005 was when the Uranium One sale was made on the uranium mining rights for the Kyzylkum mine before Uranium One, and 2005 was the year Muhktar Ablyazov became the Chairman of BTA Bank.

2008-2010 was when the global financial crisis was at its worst, and before this time Sater was meeting the Khrapunovs and Muhktar Ablyazov and traveling to Kazakhstan that we know of in 2007, maybe prior.

Looking for press on Ablyazov between 2008-10 takes us to some WikiLeaks released cables. One cable is interesting because it references a WSJ article alleging to have new information regarding the corruption of the Kazakhstan President Nazarbayev. Source

A July 22 Wall Street Journal (WSJ) article bills itself as providing "new details" on the corruption of President Nazarbayev and his family. The article, which is entitled "Kazakhstan Corruption: Exile Alleges New Details," relies heavily on an interview with and documents provided by ex-Nazarbayev son-in-law Rakhat Aliyev, the sole named source. Aliyev claimed to the Journal that Nazarbayev holds vast hidden ownership stakes in various Kazakhstani industries, takes illicit commissions from firms doing large-scale business in Kazakhstan, controls a large network of off-shore bank accounts, and hired a consulting firm to burnish his image in the West and "spy" on his political rivals and enemies abroad. In reality, Aliyev did not substantiate with documentary evidence some of his most significant "revelations" -- e.g., that Nazarbayev secretly owns nuclear company Kazatomprom through offshore entities. (Comment: We do not see how Nazarbayev could own a state enterprise in which the government is the 100 percent shareholder. End Comment.) It is also unclear whether the activities of the consulting firm -- a main focus of the article -- were in any way illegal.

So back in 2008 before these allegations of Ablyazov stealing billions from BTA Bank, Nazarbayev's ex- son-in-law was accusing him of not only secretly owning Kazatomprom through offshore accounts, but also controlling a large network of bank accounts. Which is why it is interesting these are the allegations leveled now against Ablyazov.

Picture this: Ablyazov has this anti-Nazarbayev political party in the early 2000s. As it's disbanded, Ablyazov becomes the Chairman of BTA Bank, whom he states Nazarbayev still had a hand in. Fast forward to the global financial crisis and Ablyazov is stating he's being framed, flees Kazakhstan and one of Nazarbayev's son-in-law's ends up being the new Chairman of the bank after it's financials are restructured multiple times and a Kazakhstan Sovereign Wealth Fund, SWF, gains controlling ownership of the bank.

Sater, in the time leading up to all of this, is seemingly getting in close with the Khrapunovs and getting an invite to the Ablyazov-Khrapunov family wedding in Sept 2007. Was he trying to get close to Nazarbayev?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join