It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curious Case of Felix Sater

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: ucanthandlethetruth

Keep going mate. A great read.

Bally

Thanks. There is definitely more to get through, plus additional areas of research I haven't got to yet. So this thread is far from over. I just expect it to be in spurts because it can get so time consuming. For someone who worked so hard to seemingly stay out of the public eye, there's so much out there now with the lawsuit history and that one lawyer's vendetta to get his files unsealed. He was unsuccessful until Forbes Media got involved in their Motion to Intervene and he got fully blown.

I do find it interesting his exit coincides with Cohen's entrance, and then his payments from BTA Bank which he testified to; he even took over Sater's old office at Trump Tower in 2017 when he left. I really can't figure Cohen out. I want to hate the guy; it's just the fact he is Sater's childhood friend that's still confusing.

Plus the fact I still think Trump, Giuliani, and likely Sater later on had a healthy strong relationship bringing down Mafia families / organized crime. I've alluded to the circumstantial evidence on this in another thread about Trump possibly being an asset himself through the years. Here's another great thread on it from someone else piecing some parts together.
threadreaderapp.com...

(recommended read in full - it's brief)

Ok, now I'll get back to my brief detour on Ablyazov - in the next post.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why is notable that Human Rights Watch links to Soros, is how odd it seems Human Rights Watch would be advocating on behalf of a banker alleged of billions of dollars in fraud from the 3rd largest Kazakhstan bank leading up to the global financial crisis?

But advocate they did.
www.hrw.org...

I am writing to express our concern about the pending extradition requests made by Ukraine and Russia for Mukhtar Ablyazov, a Kazakhstan national, and urge you to decline to approve his extradition. As you may know, Human Rights Watch is an international, independent, nongovernmental organization that advocates respect for human rights worldwide. We report on the human rights situation in over 90 countries and have engaged in dialogue with the government of France on human rights issues for more than two decades. In August 2013, the French authorities received requests from Kazakhstan, Russia, and Ukraine to extradite Mr. Ablyazov, a key political opposition figure in Kazakhstan. On October 24, 2014, the Lyon Court of Appeal ruled in favor of Mr. Ablyazov’s extradition to Ukraine or Russia, and on March 4, 2015, the Cassation Court rejected Mr. Ablyazov’s appeal of the extradition ruling.

Human Rights Watch is very concerned that if Mr. Ablyazov is extradited to either Russia or Ukraine, there is a real likelihood that he would then be forcibly returned to Kazakhstan where he would be at risk of persecution, including ill-treatment.

According to information provided by Mr. Ablyazov’s defense team, in the Lyon court proceedings, the prosecutor told the court that its ruling would be subjected to further analysis by the French government to determine the risks to Mr. Ablyazov, if extradited, and that it is ultimately the decision of the executive to issue an extradition order or not.

On behalf of Human Rights Watch, I ask that you uphold international human rights law in Mr. Ablyazov’s case and decline to approve his extradition either to Ukraine or Russia, given the credible threat of onward forced return to Kazakhstan from either of these countries.

As you are aware, Mr. Ablyazov maintains he has a well-founded fear of persecution, including ill-treatment, if he is returned to Kazakhstan. Under international and European human rights law, France has the absolute obligation not to return Mr. Ablyazov to Kazakhstan where he faces grave risk of ill-treatment and a flagrant denial of his fair trial and other due process rights. This obligation would be violated if Mr. Ablyazov was extradited to a country where there are substantial grounds to believe he is in danger of being handed over to Kazakhstan.

Human Rights Watch has every reason to believe that Mr. Ablyazov risks being returned to Kazakhstan if he is extradited to either Russia or Ukraine. We have documented the failure by Ukraine and Russia to live up to their international obligations not to return people to countries where they face a risk of ill-treatment or torture.

It goes on even much longer than this but it is signed by the France DIrector of HRW, Jean-Marie Fardeau.

Source

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
On an interesting side note regarding the "advisor" role Sater performed for Sergei Polosnky, the owner of the company Mirax Group, which became Potok, and built the Russian Federation Tower.

While I believe I touched on his fraud, one of the more interesting things about him recently came during his imprisonment in a Cambodian jail.
'Abramovich pulled into $300 mil court case'

The Chelsea Football Club owner, Roman Abramovich, and billionaire Oleg Deripaska look set to be dragged into a £300m London High Court battle between a fugitive Russian businessman and his lawyer. Sergei Polonsky, a Russian property magnate, alleges that deception by his Mayfair lawyer resulted in the loss of his fortune while he was holed up (wrongly, he claims) in a Cambodian prison. He claims the lawyer told him that Mr Abramovich was buying his businesses, but that this was untrue and he alleges the lawyer knew that the would-be purchaser was not Mr Abramovich but a business rival of Mr Polonsky.

There's more to the article if you choose to read it, but it's interesting to me how many of these names end up associating with Sater and end up in the Mueller report. Deripaska is....

Mueller Report [p. 195] Source

It's also slightly interesting Sergei Polonsky married a woman named Olga Deripaska? or Deripasko? being spelled both ways, while he was in the Cambodian jail.
Link

While his lawyers seek deals to secure his safe passage to Moscow and protect his dwindling fortune, jailed Russian oligarch Sergei Polonsky is set to enter into a different kind of pact: marriage. According to Russian media sources, the ex-billionaire will wed his common-law wife, Olga Deripasko, on his 41st birthday on Sunday—in prison if necessary. Mr. Polonsky—who was charged in absentia in July with embezzling $176 million from investors in an unfinished Moscow development project called the Kutuzovskaya Mile—was arrested on Koh Rong off the coast of Sihanoukville on November 11 and sent to Phnom Penh’s minimum-security PJ Prison. On Friday, Mr. Polonsky’s lawyer, Alexander Karabonov, told Russian news agency Interfax that his client had formally applied on Thursday to marry Ms. Deripasko, a longtime girlfriend.

While I can find no familial link between Oleg Deripaska and Olga Deripasko, sometimes spelled Deripaska, and now Sergei Polonsky's wife, it is interesting the likeness in their features. It wouldn't be surprising to find out they are somehow related; I cannot find any family details or background on her.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Because I feel like now getting back more into Sater, let's table Ablyazov for now and those more recent updates and connections.

What's interesting regarding Sater's story of his "recruitment" was through a guy named Milton C Blane, and likely any good spy novel, it took place in a men's room.

Various excerpts from Chris Hayes MSNBC Felix Sater interview transcript
Source

I am not easily intrigued, to be honest. it takes quite an interesting person to capture my attention. But Felix Sater has, just because all of the facts I can find to expand around his story paint a complex puzzle it's fun to attempt to piece together.
This Chris Hayes show was on March 16, 2018, and after the Sater-Hayes interview wraps, he has on a panel and starts with Rep Jackie Speier

The House Majority actually traveled to Sater instead of him coming to Washington? I hadn't realized that until I had read it here.
Yet in 2019 when they had the opportunity on March 3 to interview Sater in the public sphere, they rescheduled it to March 27th, and on March 25th they announced they would need to reschedule. It's now May 14 and I haven't heard of any new date yet being set for him to testify. It's all very strange.

It's understandable to be Sater and perhaps frustrated if having to hear that. Whitey Bulger was allegedly involved with nineteen murders and provided the FBI information in exchange for them looking the other way regarding his business. When he was finally arrested, he was found to have been involved in a total of eleven they could prove and sentenced to two life sentences. I haven't read a single accusation on Sater except for money laundering and the old case of stock fraud from decades ago; definitely not murder.

And according to his own testimony "vetted by intelligence agencies", he did the following which Bulger certainly never did:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So the guy who in a sense recruited Sater in a men's restroom in Russia is Milton C Blane of Blane International Group, arms dealer.

Sour ce
'Georgia arms dealer awarded $3.6 million in Boeing lawsuit'
[11.06.2004]

A jury has awarded an international arms dealer $3.6 million in damages, after he accused Boeing Co. of reneging on a deal to buy two Russian-made missile launchers and ruining his reputation among other potential customers. Friday's judgment gave Milton Blane, owner of Cumming-based Blane International Group Inc., $3.5 million in punitive damages and $100,000 in compensation for the missile launchers Boeing allegedly had intended to resell to the U.S. Navy. In 1999, Blane approached the giant Chicago-based military contractor and offered to broker a deal with Russia for air-to-surface missiles that were available for purchase after the collapse of the Soviet Union, according to court documents.

I also want to point out what I forgot in previous post.

It's noteworthy Sater stated in the MSNBC-Hayes interview it was 2000 when the "company was formed to do real estate development. Everywhere I can find record, Bayrock was founded in 2002 by Tevfik Arif. It's strange he stated 2000.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don’t know if I’ll have time to post more this evening but found this to be an interesting capture of all articles regarding Sater, Cohen, Page Russian ties analysis others may also find ....interesting.

Worthwhile reading. No idea of website author but they’ve essentially just compiled articles and compared throughout this saga.
‘A Story of Intelligence Fabrication and Media Collusion’
Link

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
On this site, we have Blane International Group being the contractor awarded to "Supply and deliver 30 each 40kW diesel generators to Kyiv, Ukraine; on behalf of the American Embassy Kyiv."

Due to the fact Blane International Group is a known arms dealer, it's hard not to wonder if this was really for diesel generators. Considering this was awarded on 6/20/2014. But they had recently had their natural gas supply from Russia shut off in Ukraine.

This info was tweeted out by this individual very close two days after the information was posted.

Translated by Google from Russian to English:
Competition from the US Department of State for the supply of diesel generators to Kiev won the BLANE INTERNATIONAL GROUP with a price of 253 thousand. $
Source

This would have been the Kerry State Department. Clinton left as Secretary of State on Feb 1, 2013.

6/17/2014 - NYTimes 'Gazprom Cuts Russia's Natural Gas Supply to Ukraine'

MOSCOW — Further aggravating already tense relations between Russia and Ukraine, the Russian energy giant Gazprom cut off natural gas supplies to its neighbor on Monday, warning that the reduction could diminish the amount of gas flowing to Europe. The cutoff came after Ukraine missed a Russian-imposed deadline Monday to pay a nearly $2 billion installment for past gas deliveries, with senior officials on both sides exchanging heated remarks blaming the other. It also coincided with a statement by the Ukrainian president, Petro O. Poroshenko, saying he would present a detailed cease-fire plan this week to end the fighting in eastern Ukraine. But it remained unclear how such a pact would be negotiated, in that Kiev has repeatedly said it would not talk with any separatists who had taken part in the uprising against the central government. For their part, the separatist leaders say Kiev has long ignored their concerns. The gas flowing into Ukraine as of Monday was meant only to transit the country to Europe. “Gazprom supplies to Ukraine only the amount that has been paid for, and the amount that has been paid for is zero,” Gazprom’s spokesman, Sergei Kupriyanov, told reporters.
Link

Anyway, before I add a couple other things I can find on Milton Blane or Blane International Group, I want to point out some quick facts here that can easily be overlooked:

1) The "Orange Revolution" of Ukraine in 2004 is the foundation of what Open Dialog Foundation was built on when it was founded in 2009. Source

The Open Dialog Foundation was established in Poland, in 2009, on the initiative of Lyudmyla Kozlovska (who is currently the President of the Management Board). The Foundation was built on experience and contacts gained during the Orange Revolution in Ukraine in 2004, and in subsequent years within the framework of international co-operation and activities of Ukrainian student organisations and civic movements. The statutory objectives of the Foundation include protection of human rights, democracy and rule of law in the post-Soviet area. The Foundation pursues its goals through the organisation of observation missions, including election observation and monitoring of the human rights situation in the CIS countries. Based on these activities, the Foundation creates its reports and distributes them among the institutions of the EU, the OSCE and other international organisations, foreign ministries and parliaments of EU countries, analytical centres and media. In addition to observational and analytical activities, the Foundation is actively engaged in cooperation with members of parliaments involved in foreign affairs, human rights and relationships with the CIS countries, in order to support the process of democratisation and liberalisation of internal policies in the post-Soviet area. Significant areas of the Foundation's activities also include support programmes for political prisoners and refugees. Particular attention of the Foundation is focused on the largest CIS countries: Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.

2. The Orange Revolution was to protest Viktor Yanukovych in 2004, in which his election victory was nullified. It was starting in 2005 Paul Manafort was lobbying on behalf of Yanukovych's interests, and for Oleg Deripaska, which finally led to Yanukovych's election win in 2010, and then later his ousting came in 2014. Amid violent protests, on Feb 22, 2014, Yanukovych fled from Kiev to Russia with Putin's assistance.

Mueller Report
3. Yanukovych was stated by Manafort to be the "Black Caviar" guy referenced in the email according to Mueller's report.

[p. 140]

[p. 147]

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I believe, but am not 100% certain the Milton C Blane who recruited Sater way back in the late 90s is this man, who passed away Sept 19, 2016. He never saw the outcome of the 2016 election, but his company did help Ukraine get diesel generators in 2014.
www.legacy.com...
Source

What's interesting is there are still DOD weapons sales taking place under name Blane International Group, though it is unclear who is running this company after Milton Blane's death, and no company website can be found.

Source

Culmen International LLC, (W15QKN-17-D-0002); Defense Technology Inc., Alexandria, Virginia (W15QKN-17-D-0003); Multinational Defense Services LLC, Clearwater, Florida (W15QKN-17-D-0004); UDC USA Inc., Tampa, Florida (W15QKN-17-D-0005); Tankride.com, Hawthorne, Florida (W15QKN-17-D-0006); Blane International Group Inc., Cumming, Georgia (W15QKN-17-D-0042), will share in a $49,000,000 firm-fixed-price contract for procurement of previously produced nonstandard weapons, parts and accessories. Bids were solicited via the Internet with seven received. Work locations and funding will be determined with each order, with an estimated completion date of April 28, 2022. U.S. Army Contracting Command, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, is the contracting activity.

"for procurement of previously produced nonstandard weapons, parts and accessories"
Previously produced? Maybe they were earlier requests from before he died?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This website states this regarding Blane International Group:
Link

Small firms, big contracts

Analysis of SOCOM’s contracted firms reveals that most are classified as small businesses, while half are owned by veterans or service-disabled veterans, which gives them priority in obtaining US contracts. All but two– Purple Shovel and Sierra Four – had secured more than $5 million of contracts to supply munitions to the Pentagon before 2015 and seven – Blane International, Global Ordnance, Multinational Defense Services, Purple Shovel, Sierra Four Industries, Trident Rifles and UDC USA – had six or fewer staff and turnovers of less than $4 million before they began to secure multi-million-dollar weapons deals, according to official procurement documents. Only Blane International and Purple Shovel responded to written requests for comment on their experience. Purple Shovel said it was skilled and experienced to do the job, while Blane International said it had no comment.

(SOCOM is Special Operations Command.)

According to this site Blane International Group does business as "TMB International, Inc."

I can't find any detail on a TMB International Inc, however, which seems to make sense. There's a company in London by that name doing email hosting and architecture design which doesn't seem applicable.

There is also a reference on this site of a Gene Harris being a President of TMB International in Nevada. ??

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
For a change of pace, let's go back to what Sater did BEFORE the bar fight in 1991, until shortly before he went to jail in 1994 for the assault. According to the broker check tool through FINRA, this is his employment history.
Source

I think what's notable here is
1) He barely worked two months at his first job, Broadchild
2) He appears to have started at Pace Rooney before he even finished at Broadchild
3) There is an almost 9-month gap in employment which is odd from mid-March 1986 to mid-June 1987, and he then starts work again at Shearson Lehman Brothers
4) He remains there barely three months before jumping ship to Moseley Securities, again with contradicting dates
5) Another strange 9-month gap in employment from 3/9 to 12/20 in 1988, where he starts again this time at Shearson Lehman Hutton Inc, where he barely stays for the holiday season
6) His next length of employment is his longest so far, at Gruntal & Co, where he remained for over three years. It was here where he was working when he engaged in the bar fight with the margarita glass.
7) It's interesting Lehman Bros. picked him up after his loss of stockbroker license from the 1991 bar fight. He worked there until March 1993, and was married by April 1994 and in Edgecombe prison by June 1994, out by Sept 1995, and White Rock Partners/State Street FBI investigations getting close in 1996.

What's curious about all this is the words he chose to use in his Chris Hayes-MSNBC interview

Uh, Felix?
Who's supposed to make sense of this? Because you also said this, all in the same interview:

Both of these things cannot be true, can they? He's either an asset before the stock fraud scam, or he's a criminal during the stock fraud scam from decades ago.
edit on 15-5-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To add more background to the never-ending (seemingly) compilation of Sater, his ties and his back story, I really enjoyed this thread on Tweeter I uncovered early this year. I want to share certain grabs from it regarding Sater, but I recommend taking the time to read it in full. A lot of this has been put together I won't have to bother repeating. Very interesting stuff.

Goes back to C. Page helping the FBI plant bugging devices through binders of documents he handed to known Russian spies which provided surveillance of the Russian headquarters. It was a remarkable feat, really, but they didn't stop there. After using Page as the "energy analyst" who gave them the information (and was later thanked by having a FISA warrant taken out on him), they had Sater set up a sting.

2015 Buryakov Complaint PDF

As just an aside, in this ABCNews article from early 2016, this is how all of this is described. Let's recall that Carter Page, who admitted in his testimony to being "Male-1" in the Buryakov case, is an energy analyst with his own one-man company.
ABC News
[3.11.2016]

The FBI was able to uncover Buryakov, along with two alleged accomplices, by employing an undercover agent of its own and allowing the Russians to "recruit" their spy, according to a release by the Department of Justice. The "dangle," as the agent is known in espionage parlance, had posed as an analyst for a "New York-based energy company." From then on, the FBI was able to gather information through the undercover agent, including by planting listening devices in "binders containing purported industry analysis" that were taken inside the SVR's offices, the DOJ said.

So through Page, the FBI learns the Russian spies are really interested in learning about economic sanctions.
Then enters their very own FBI informant asset Sater right here in NYC.

To be continued
edit on 15-5-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: typo

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Now I may seem like I'm derailing my own thread on Felix Sater by sourcing the James Wolfe indictment from this thread and bringing it in to play now.

Bear with me. All of this will become clear in a bit. So, while Sater was definitely used often by the media as a "Russian" close to Trump, Carter Page was one of the first to be accused and exit from the campaign, as well as the infamous FISA warrant recipient. He remains, to this day, not charged of anything. Received death threats. Anyway...

Who wrote this article on April 3, 2017, which "outed" Male-1? Oh, right, James Wolfe's "girlfriend" and BuzzFeed News reporter Ali Watkins. Her article was titled 'A Former Trump Advisor Met with a Russian Spy' Source

NEW YORK — A former campaign adviser for Donald Trump met with and passed documents to a Russian intelligence operative in New York City in 2013. The adviser, Carter Page, met with a Russian intelligence operative named Victor Podobnyy, who was later charged by the US government alongside two others for acting as unregistered agents of a foreign government. The charges, filed in January 2015, came after federal investigators busted a Russian spy ring that was seeking information on US sanctions as well as efforts to develop alternative energy. Page is an energy consultant.

Page confirmed to BuzzFeed News on Monday that he is “Male-1” in the court filing and said he had been in contact with Podobnyy, who was working at the time at Moscow’s UN office in New York City under diplomatic cover, although he was really an SVR agent. Pressed on details of his contact with Podobnyy, Page said their interactions did not include anything sensitive. According to the complaint, Page met Podobnyy in January 2013 at an energy conference in New York. It says that from January to June of that year, Page met with, emailed with, and “provided documents to [Podobnyy] about the energy business.”

To put all of this in context, I'll link in an excerpt from a Reuters article on [3.9.2016] [url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-espionage/fbi-penetrated-new-york-based-russian-spy-ring-using-hidden-recorders-idUSKCN0WB2NM]Link[ /url]

The FBI eavesdropped on meetings involving Russian intelligence personnel in New York City, including a suspected spy posing as a trade representative, by hiding recorders in binders containing supposedly confidential information about the energy sector, U.S. prosecutors said.

Further down

According to prosecutors, in April 2012, Sporyshev met an undercover FBI employee posing as an analyst at a New York energy firm at an oil and gas industry conference. Over the next two years, they met to discuss the industry and other economic and political issues, prosecutors said, with Sporyshev providing gifts and cash for information. In 2013, the FBI employee began providing Sporyshev with the binders containing purported industry analysis he wrote, supporting documents, and “covertly placed recording devices,” prosecutors wrote.

I'll continue in next post.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ucanthandlethetruth
Felix Sater has and continues to be an enigma of sorts, a figure the media often misrepresents in articles and someone who purportedly has done a lot for this country, perhaps for the world.

--

BuzzFeed News, of all sources, was the first to really cover the Felix Sater undercover story in their article, 'How A Player In The Trump-Russia Scandal Led A Double Life As An American Spy.'
Source

In the sprawling Trump-Russia investigation, one name constantly pops up: Felix Sater. In story after story, Sater is described as Donald Trump’s former business partner, a convicted stock swindler who was born in the Soviet Union, worked in Russia, tried to win Trump a deal in Moscow, and even helped broker a Ukrainian peace plan that Vladimir Putin would have loved.

Basically, he’s portrayed as something just short of a Russian spy. Effectively, he has been a spy — but for the United States.

For the first time, BuzzFeed News has verified the surprising sweep of Sater’s undercover work and many of his specific exploits. He worked as an asset for the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency (or DIA) and tracked Osama bin Laden. Then he worked for more than a decade for the FBI, providing intel on everything from the mob to North Korea’s drive for nuclear weapons. He still operates as a source for the bureau, according to two current FBI agents.

Today, as he is being questioned about Trump's business deals and ties to Russia, he has built relationships with at least six members of special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, some going back more than 10 years.

Oh, ok. So basically this dude the mainstream media keeps linking up with Trump as a Russian mobster is still working for the FBI as a source and has built relationships with at least 6 members of Mueller's team, some going back more than a decade. Weird.

Mueller found no Russian collusion within the Trump campaign, despite reports of emails between Michael Cohen, ex-Trump personal lawyer, and Sater, with Sater himself writing to Cohen, "I will get Putin in on this program and we will get Donald elected." www.independent.co.uk...

So, what did Mueller's investigation finally conclude re: Sater?

Mueller Report, [p. 69] Source

Sater contacted Cohen on behalf of I.C. Expert Company, (I.C. Expert) a Russian real-estate development company controlled by Andrei Vladimirovich Rozov. Sater had known Rozov since approximately 2007, and in 2014 had served as an agent on behalf of Rozov during Rozov's purchase of a building in New York City. Sater later contacted Rozov and proposed that I.C. Expert pursue a Trump Tower Moscow project in which I.C. Expert would license the name and brand from the Trump Organization but construct the building on its own. Sater worked on the deal with Rozov and another employee of I.C. Expert.

Cohen was the only Trump Organization representative to negotiate directly with I.C. Expert or its agents. In approximately September 2015, Cohen obtained approval to negotiate with I.C. Expert from candidate Trump, who was then president of the Trump Organization. Cohen provided updates directly to Trump about the project throughout 2015 and 2016, assuring him the project was continuing. Cohen also discussed the Trump Moscow project with Ivanka Trump as to design elements (such as possible architects to use for the project) and Donald Trump Jr. (about his expeirence in Moscow and possible involvement in the project) during the fall of 2015.

More to come.

So basically Sater cut a deal w FBI as their spy so naturally his cover, story, allegiance and partaking in any ruse (pardon pun?) would be one directed by US, not Trump nor Russians.

Wonder what his relationship with Trump is like now in the present?

Hopefully Trump is onto his essentially 'double agent' status by now if not way back when! And its inherent risks.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artesia

Felix Sater has and continues to be an enigma of sorts, a figure the media often misrepresents in articles and someone who purportedly has done a lot for this country, perhaps for the world.

--

BuzzFeed News, of all sources, was the first to really cover the Felix Sater undercover story in their article, 'How A Player In The Trump-Russia Scandal Led A Double Life As An American Spy.'
Source

In the sprawling Trump-Russia investigation, one name constantly pops up: Felix Sater. In story after story, Sater is described as Donald Trump’s former business partner, a convicted stock swindler who was born in the Soviet Union, worked in Russia, tried to win Trump a deal in Moscow, and even helped broker a Ukrainian peace plan that Vladimir Putin would have loved.

Basically, he’s portrayed as something just short of a Russian spy. Effectively, he has been a spy — but for the United States.

For the first time, BuzzFeed News has verified the surprising sweep of Sater’s undercover work and many of his specific exploits. He worked as an asset for the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency (or DIA) and tracked Osama bin Laden. Then he worked for more than a decade for the FBI, providing intel on everything from the mob to North Korea’s drive for nuclear weapons. He still operates as a source for the bureau, according to two current FBI agents.

Today, as he is being questioned about Trump's business deals and ties to Russia, he has built relationships with at least six members of special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, some going back more than 10 years.

Oh, ok. So basically this dude the mainstream media keeps linking up with Trump as a Russian mobster is still working for the FBI as a source and has built relationships with at least 6 members of Mueller's team, some going back more than a decade. Weird.

Mueller found no Russian collusion within the Trump campaign, despite reports of emails between Michael Cohen, ex-Trump personal lawyer, and Sater, with Sater himself writing to Cohen, "I will get Putin in on this program and we will get Donald elected." www.independent.co.uk...

So, what did Mueller's investigation finally conclude re: Sater?

Mueller Report, [p. 69] Source

Sater contacted Cohen on behalf of I.C. Expert Company, (I.C. Expert) a Russian real-estate development company controlled by Andrei Vladimirovich Rozov. Sater had known Rozov since approximately 2007, and in 2014 had served as an agent on behalf of Rozov during Rozov's purchase of a building in New York City. Sater later contacted Rozov and proposed that I.C. Expert pursue a Trump Tower Moscow project in which I.C. Expert would license the name and brand from the Trump Organization but construct the building on its own. Sater worked on the deal with Rozov and another employee of I.C. Expert.

Cohen was the only Trump Organization representative to negotiate directly with I.C. Expert or its agents. In approximately September 2015, Cohen obtained approval to negotiate with I.C. Expert from candidate Trump, who was then president of the Trump Organization. Cohen provided updates directly to Trump about the project throughout 2015 and 2016, assuring him the project was continuing. Cohen also discussed the Trump Moscow project with Ivanka Trump as to design elements (such as possible architects to use for the project) and Donald Trump Jr. (about his expeirence in Moscow and possible involvement in the project) during the fall of 2015.

More to come.

So basically Sater cut a deal w FBI as their spy so naturally his cover, story, allegiance and partaking in any ruse (pardon pun?) would be one directed by US, not Trump nor Russians.

Wonder what his relationship with Trump is like now in the present?

Hopefully Trump is onto his essentially 'double agent' status by now if not way back when! And its inherent risks.

Hard to say, Artesia.

One of the BuzzFeed journalists, however, who were granted the interview exclusive from Sater, saw and tweeted the following last year.

I’m on mobile and can’t easily screen shot.
twitter.com...

Essentially Anthony Cormier, good solid rep as journalist, tweeted May 2018 he saw Giuliani speaking with Sater outside Trump International.

But for the most part, can’t find many recent updates re: Sater-Trump relationship.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
But I should also comment that I don’t believe there was any “double agent” going with Felix, or no such evidence of such in all my research on him. He never worked for Russia, but I think his visit there following Soviet Union collapse, and his perfect Russian speech, opened business doors to him. Which in Russia (and arguably other countries) politics and business interact.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One other thing I was going to get to later, but I’ll throw in now as another follow up detail regarding Trump/Sater relationship. This email referenced in BuzzFeed article is intriguing to me. But I’ll let you guys decide for yourselves.

Link

Like Cohen, Sater was also supposed to visit St. Barts over the holidays with his family, but he wrote Cohen that he was too hurt and embarrassed by a recent ABC News story that quoted Trump, from a 2013 deposition, saying he wouldn’t know Sater if he walked in the room.

Cohen: “I don’t give a # about the story that lasted all of one day. No one picked it up because no one cares.”

Sater: “It lasted one day because I kept my mouth shut for you and your team.” He added: “The schmuck that I am I said no comment. Because you told me to kill it, and we have bigger fish to fry.”

The messages ended with a sharp rebuke from Cohen: “Not going to argue with you. Please don’t reach out to anyone any longer regarding this.”

Regardless of what Sater has done as an informant for America, it’s not rocket science to figure out why given Sater’s negative publicity Trump was attempting to distance himself and also why it would make Sater annoyed.

But I think the reference from Sater to Cohen regarding having “bigger fish to fry@ is quite interesting. Even if the media doesn’t.

Anyone else find it interesting?
edit on 21-5-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: Edit

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I’ve been working a lot of hours but I’ll try to add more tonight or tomorrow.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry for anyone who’s been lurking this thread.

I was going to post a lot following the holiday weekend but our area got hit pretty bad with tornadoes Monday night. Been focused on helping out with that. I’ll be back at it soon.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Sorry for anyone who’s been lurking this thread.

I was going to post a lot following the holiday weekend but our area got hit pretty bad with tornadoes Monday night. Been focused on helping out with that. I’ll be back at it soon.

All's good,

Makes for a good constructive read.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
write the book

write the book

write the book

I read it all in one sitting and LOVED it I cannot give enough starts and flags

new topics

top topics