It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland TERROR: Londonderry riots leave woman dead after bombs and shots fired

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

RIOTS have broken out on the streets of Londonderry, Northern Ireland after shots were fired and petrol bombs launched leading to the death of one woman, police confirmed.

Police have appealed for “calm” amid what they are now describing as a "terrorist incident" after reports came through of riots breaking out in the Creggan area. Police Service of Northern Ireland's Mark Hamilton said: “Sadly I can confirm that following shots being fired tonight in Creggan, a 29 year old woman has been killed. We are treating this as a terrorist incident and we have launched a murder enquiry.”

Northern Ireland TERROR: Londonderry riots leave woman dead after bombs and shots fired

Well, this is not good.

Really hope everything is brought under control and cooler heads prevail, as it will solve nothing.

edit on 18-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Why are they rioting?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Not quite sure yet.

Police have raided houses and a 29-year-old woman is dead, NEWS report said possibly terrorist-related.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Dissident Republicans are being blamed for the killing, which happened during rioting after police searches in Derry's Creggan area on Thursday night.

There are reports that the trouble broke out after police raids on houses in the Mulroy Park and Galliagh areas.

www.bbc.com...

So it is still about how they want to be free from another country's rule.
edit on 18-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Let's just say the situation is rather complicated where Ireland's troubles are concerned.

There is some speculation that this hostility is simply due to an armoured car travelling into the Republican heartland.

Now imagine what's going to happen if any sort of hard border is put in place?

This crap will be every bloody weekend, and the cycle will continue once again.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Why are they rioting?

Here is a quick crash course in history (one sided)...

Never been there but have been to Northern Ireland on a few occasions, first question from anyone you meet... Catholic or Protestant? Oh and by god, ask the wrong question and you will get pulled into a back alley and knee capped, even now. It has never changed, never will, I have witnessed kids throwing rocks at each others heads from kerbs on border streets, it is a ticking time bomb quite literally on either side.

Total chaos is coming soon to the UK too this summer, quite easy to see it coming. Scotland too if it kicks off again in Ireland as a whole I reckon. Not looking good if this triggers something bigger basically.

I have friends from both sides of the pond, the stuff I am hearing coming from their mouths on an almost daily basis now is quite shocking from either sides orders in Scotland. I myself subscribe to comedy performances first and foremost, find myself in strange places due to it.

If you really want to know what is going on, take a week off from work, watch thousands of documentaries from various sources and read history books from both sides, even then you will still be confused to be honest if you are looking for a straight answer

edit on 18-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: To add

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This has been brewing for a minute they'll be massive amounts of political pressure in to nip this in the bud but the street is a way different story keep watching .

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Why don't they rise up and fight for their independence?
Oh they have no second amendment?

Oh

Thats too bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Dissident Republicans are being blamed for the killing, which happened during rioting after police searches in Derry's Creggan area on Thursday night.

There are reports that the trouble broke out after police raids on houses in the Mulroy Park and Galliagh areas.

www.bbc.com...

So it is still about how they want to be free from another country's rule.

This is not a good sign. And to think there are those around here who are under the belief this wouldn't happen...

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Oh they have no second amendment?

Oh

Thats too bad.

Over bcause the majority of Northern Ireland want to be part of the UK?

(post by uncommitted removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
As a frequent traveller to Northern Ireland I can say that from experience that statement is rubbish.

Also, there are frequently riots in Northern Ireland, stirred up by turf wars and criminality. In this case with an investigative journalist being murdered by dissident republicans, it was probably because she got too close to something.

On Irish unification... Well, consistent polls in Northern Ireland indicate that on both sides of the sectarian divide there is a wish to remain in the UK. Besides, the cost to the Republic of reunification would be crippling, so not sure they want it except as a political goal. With the EU’s centralisation the Republic of Ireland is gradually losing its nation state, so it's all a bit pointless anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

if you are going to start a Revolution(especially in the non-US territory) I doubt the first thing you think of is if a piece of paper allows you to have a gun or not

foolish

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

she got caught in cross-fire

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

if you are going to start a Revolution(especially in the non-US territory) I doubt the first thing you think of is if a piece of paper allows you to have a gun or not

foolish

Sadly you do actually think rights come from "a piece of paper".
Explains a lot actually.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Dissident Republicans or criminals trying to exert their authority?

Perfect example of the arrogant and ignorant bollocks we've come to expect from many Americans on this issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

So you would have no problem with Native American Indians " rising up " and fighting to be independent from U.S, rule ?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Phhhhtttt
Not nearly as arrogant or ignorant as those across the ocean, the actual reason we do have rights.
Seems everybody over there talks a good game about "rights" until the big bad govt. shows.
You can't even follow through on the vote of the people.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They tried.
They actually have their own governments.
You should read up on it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join