It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland TERROR: Londonderry riots leave woman dead after bombs and shots fired

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O
I want to live where you are, sounds awesome, your post had me cracking up...

Dunno about that mate, it's gone downhill over the last few decades and there's all sorts of thieving and pettey crimes including the slap heads in their wheel chairs and I would love to live at the sea side but you have to live where your skill set is and there's very little light engineering out in Barmouth etc

The really weird thing about the terror attack was the night it happened but yet unaware I was watching that Now 80's channel on freeview 83 and the Undertones were playing, misses says I don't know much about them but they sound Irish to which I replied me neither, I googled for them and said to her "Irish yeah from Londonderry." Just a coincidence sure but the first time in 50 years of life I'd spoken that word Londonderry which is probably nonsense but still a bit coincidence

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Well, those indigenous Americans, numbering over 50 million.

Settling from the top of North America to the bottom of South America.

Might have given you a run for the money, that's if we had not slaughtered their population to around 4.86 million individuals, or 1.60 percent of the nation's entire population.

Such beautiful conscientious complicit colonists were our ancestors indeed.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: shooterbrody

They did - ever hear of guns smuggled by the "cause" into Ireland from the US? thanks to the 2nd!

www.google.com.au...

IRA weapons smuggling Four shipments of guns, ammunition and explosives were made between 1985 and 1986, providing large quantities of modern weaponry to the IRA, including heavy machine guns, over 1,000 rifles, several hundred handguns, rocket-propelled grenades, flamethrowers, surface-to-air missiles, and Semtex explosive

Irish pubs in the US would collect for the cause - I forgot the movie that explained it rather well.

Patriot Games, Harrison Ford playing the Tom Clancey character Jack Ryan?

NORAID, Americans putting money into the coffers of the IRA.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

andy06shake solved it last page, Devils Own with Brad Pitt

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

No, the majority and the ethnic people of the area, Ulster-Scots want to remain British.
Ulster-Scots just don't run around the world howling injustice. Ulster-Scots are the people who have suffered ethnic cleansing at the hands of the IRA and still do to this day.
Anyone wanting a 'united' Ireland are actually saying they want to strip a people of their homeland and start a civil war.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well isn’t this all very convenient... Right in the middle of brexit

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

On the cards, or in the post is how i would put it.

And it's not like the issues or possible upheaval was not being screamed from the rooftops by the very people who live there.

All in all though, let's give them some credit for at least not repeating the performance.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It wasn't really though, Brexit is just another in a long line of excuses, if it wasn't brexit it would be something else.
The likes if Pelosi sticking her nose in hours before the murder doesn't help.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

And yet plenty of people have indeed voiced their opinions as to what could and did happen at the drop of a hat.

Ireland, and the troubles the nation shares are quite frankly a rather complex affair, and the tenuous peace that exists can and will only be exasperated by a situation such as this and/or any hard border possibly put in place down to the likes of Brexit.

God knows what will help over there and finally make people see sense, but it's not going to be Brexit or border checkpoints, that's pritty much a given.

Anyhoo, they are behaving peaceably once again as far as i can establish for the time being.

That's got to be a plus point.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

As Gerry Adams said, they haven't gone away you know.
It is the objective of these people to destabilise and make the country a failure. Brexit is the latest excuse, it is telling thst SF/IRA opposed the EU right up until the referendum and unionism mostly backed leave, these people will seize on any excuse they can.
There's a lot of anger here over the prosecuting of a para, terrorists who set out to murder have 'comfort letters' from Blair but soldiers who set out to do good and put themselves between serial killing psychopaths and civilans are being arrested.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Spoke with my buddy from Ireland about this he said it isnt the Republicans

Everyone in Ireland is not happy about this according to him

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

PIRA is still around but dormant not involved in this kind of action anymore

Just what I've heard

Maybe New IRA

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All of this happening this weekend on April or around April 20th is very ominous

Something big is coming down the pipe

Its ritual sacrifice weekend and the church burning and attacks on the church are foreshadowing a much larger event coming down the pipe

Keep your eyes peeled

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'm not touching that one mate.

It's a loaded gun and then some.

There is some measure of truth to what you say, but there are two sides to that story.

I'm a Scottish Protestant, or at least i was christened such, but i refuse to choose any side of the fence over there.

Ireland, the history and troubles of the place in question have been a hotbed of strife, pain, and contention since the beginning.

All i know is it's probably best to listen to what the people have to say if we wish peace to remain the colour of the day, and they are not saying checkpoints and hard borders.
edit on 21-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

My family is catholic from Ulster. I'm American now but I appreciate my Ulster heritage and would like to see a United Ireland but not by the hand of terrorism and violence

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Good luck with that one mate.

Neither of the two sides is every going to up sticks and move along peaceably, and for very good reason.

Everybody is happy enough with a peaceful Ireland.

And given enough time who knows what's possible, but that day is rather far off on any horizon, and more than lightly not on any horizon that hard borders share.
edit on 21-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yeah I hear ya it was a touchy topic with the older generations of my family growing up they had hard feelings about it

My age group less so I'm the only who dug into our history and got the DNA test and knows the history and everything

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm from N.Ireland.

These groups are pathetic to their cores

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Thing is change is indeed affecting the younger generation over there.

But turning back the clock or returning to a regime that did not work, has not worked, and never will bloody work is hardly the smart thing to do.

Point of fact it only serves to add fuel to a fire.

History is a fickle beast, all the same, one Mans victory being another's defeat.

Perspective is the ticket, which is why the people who live there perspective is paramount i suppose.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I cant wait to visit Ulster. Been waiting to do that for a while now.

Hopefully # isnt crazy when I go

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join