It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Meetup in Filthadelphia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I'd consider it, depending on what dates, and depending on who's *not* going.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I wish you would come!!

I’ll be sending you a message at some point today with the intimate details. Probably after I get off work after 5pm.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Well, #. Upon catching up with the thread, if the dates truly are the weekend of May 18, I have vacation reservations in Punta Cana.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

POOP.

That is the weekend, indeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Are we all going to get drunk? Will there be wildly inappropriate behavior?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well since I will have to be the adult here this time... probably yes.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Screw that, adulting is hard.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Well since I will have to be the adult here this time... probably yes.

No need, I'm usually the adult since I don't drink or smoke so everyone else can go crazy.. Lol

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

So I guess you're volunteering to be the sacrifice and/or the one who bails us out depending how the night goes

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

So I guess you're volunteering to be the sacrifice and/or the one who bails us out depending how the night goes

Yup. I accept responsibility for the group and any chaos that may come from this gathering.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Screw that, adulting is hard.

I trust that if I’ve preordered the toe tags that the opt out on any adulting is understood to be a part of the package?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
I trust that if I’ve preordered the toe tags that the opt out on any adulting is understood to be a part of the package?

Correct. It's part of the basic Meet Up consent slip.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bumping the thread with a joke that I illustrated (I make art sometimes!).

Two whales are having drinks at a bar.
The first whale goes: "OOOOooooOOOOoooooooaaaaawwwwhh."
The second whale goes: "Go home Steve, you're drunk!"

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Alright kiddies, I'm checking back in.

Wife had the suggestion of going to the University of Pennsylvania museum of anthropology. It's a very nice place and convenient to Downtown, right across the South street bridge about 34th street. Their collection is significant.

www.penn.museum/

www.penn.museum...

Ancient Egypt: From Discovery to Display Now Open! Ancient Egypt: From Discovery to Display provides you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk in the shoes of an archaeologist. Peel back the curtain and get a behind-the-scenes view of the journey artifacts take from excavation to conservation to storage and research. More than 200 fascinating objects, many of which have never been on view before, are included throughout the three-part, 6,000-square-foot exhibition.

SIGNATURE GALLERIES Take in the fascinating story of humanity through an extraordinary collection of art and artifacts from all over the world. Our signature galleries celebrate the incredible and diverse accomplishments of people, and many of the objects on display come directly from our own archaeological excavations and anthropological expeditions. From stone tools and household items to architectural monuments and fine art — you’ll discover something new about the amazing lives of people spanning the entire history of humankind.

www.penn.museum/exhibitions/galleries-and-exhibitions/#signature

www.penn.museum...

I believe this is a good idea. Fair disclosure, my dad had a degree from this department, I had a few classes here.

Anyway, I'd be happy to define a good meeting place, say a lunch - get together then journey to the selected attractions. I just bought a 7-passenger van, so I can do my best to haul a few people around.

Just let me know how many people will gather for lunch, so we can have a proper sit-down and no rush lunch out past 1:00 (I assume). My default choice would be near South street & 5th, since it's informal and not expensive. Jim's Cheesesteaks is the iconic destination there. It is basically walking distance to Olde City and historic district. If we go to UPenn museum, it's a strait line out to University City around 34th and South.

Masonic Hall is adjacent to city hall. Remind me to tell a funny story about William Penn, the Masons and a phallus. Regardless, an Uptown location is more expensive and no parking....fwiw.

Think it over, and let me know.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is a super-amazing Chinese restaurant right next the the Museum of American Revolution.... Han Dynasty.

3rd and Chestnut approx.... handynasty.net...

It's a huge Rococo-style building with tons of space and a giant bar. I wish I had some pics. Sure there's lots of restaurants in Olde City, but most are in small buildings.

Not too bad to head to Masonic Hall from there, strait up Market to Broad (13th-15th)

I snagged these pics off their FB page. Looks like from construction. It used to be my good friends restaurant about 15 years ago. Frankly, it will be hard to beat.

I see there is also one in University City, in case we visit the Penn museum...? I would guess people would rather meet Downtown though.

edit on 4-5-2019 by FlyingFox because: derp

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

How many we up to?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
it all depends on what you want to eat which is why I like the Reading Terminal Market approach.
You can get just about every flavor you want in there with the biggest issue being seating can be a problem at certain times of the day.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It looks like 6 of us probably definitely, but there are a couple more who are interested but still unsure. The six of us are: opethPA, petervlar, FlyingFox, Dashen, yourself and myself. And there’s still time for more people to join us!

I could do a lunch on Sat before the Museum, the Chinese place sounds good, lol. But so does the Reading Terminal. Either way we can probably do the Reading Terminal on Sunday with Dashen if we don't have time Saturday? I'm really looking forward to a lazy Sunday in Philadelphia with you guys, lol, just saying.

a reply to: FlyingFox

Is that you and your wife at the end there? Cute! You also look super familiar! Those are all great ideas and maybe you should bring the van, lol. We could all travel from one place to another together that way. If more than seven people come then I can do ubers with them. I was actually planning on uberring anyway due to planning on having drinks.

I would probably love the Penn Museum, if it's free then idk if I can say no to that!

Omg! So many choices! I'll be putting out votes again and if nobody makes actual votes then I'll be making the executive adult decision on where and when and then let everybody know.... after I consult with my illuminati handler of course, okiedoke?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm in for whatever we decide..

If the weather is bad my apt right across the bridge is big enough for all of us to just hang out, listening to music and talk or do whatever.. Will make it work!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join