It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Meetup in Filthadelphia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: peter vlar

I didn't mean your trunk, I meant the one I usually keep my gimp in.

In that case, my new conditions for this event hinge on the gimp being on site. Gimps are a necessity and I can’t think of any other way to make a good impression on the grand old city of Philly than by walking your gimp through the museums on a leash.

The closer we get to this event, the more fun I t seems w shall have. Just let me know if you need any extra ball gags for it.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

DB can't make it.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Damned Gimps are always unreliable.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.penn.museum/visit/visitor-faq

www.penn.museum...

Since the University Museum closes at 5, I think we need to be at the door by 2. Can we go to Masonic Hall after 5? If so, that's perfect, lines up with a lunch meet-up, that concludes by 1pm.

So, people can either meet at a restaurant of their choice, or meet at the museum at 2. There are also restaurant choices in University City, on Sansom street above 34th like The White Dog, or even a on-campus food court at 34th & Walnut....I know Bitar's MidEast has a location in there. From there, it's a 5-minute walk to the museum. 30th street station in the largest train station in Philly, which is a quick ride from the Reading Terminal Market (12th st) if you know what you're doing.

I have a party of 4 at the moment, so rides with me will be limited to huddling up like refugees.

Everything is green on my end.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Well it sounds like you have a really nice trip planned! Let me know if you would like to meet up with any of us for dinner!

JK.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, I was going to PM you.

Here's the tour times for Masonic Hall: Tuesday through Saturday – 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM

pamasonictemple.org...

I'm not sure at this moment which parts of the get together take priority. For sure I want to attend the museum. I could bump the meal part until afterwards, which is fine. It seems like the Masonic Hall tour is 1 hr total, meaning either noon or 1pm would be acceptable for a start time.

That all being fine, I am driving in 100 miles and want pick up my friends in Germantown, so I don't want to promise a noon meeting time, nor do I want to start too late to make the museum worthwhile.

I'd like to hear other people's interest level for the two main places we have in mind. Naturally, people could go to Masonic Hall early and meet at the museum by 2pm....that's the only destination I can say for sure I can make it to on time.

Feedback.....?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I’ll be touching base with everybody via private messages from here on out.

In the past we have had some questionable characters try to join us, so whenever I do give all the intimate details I am asking that you please keep it confidential and do not disclose the exact coordinates and times or contact info (cough cough Flyingfox cough cough) until afterwards or the day of...

If we want to make updates on the thread as we go we can but for now all that anybody needs to know is that we are meeting on Saturday and Sunday in Philadelphia, and on Saturday there will be museums and dinner and drinks involved. That information should be sufficient for people to know if they are interested at all and within distance to make it.

People can join us the day of on Saturday or Sunday, as long as they contact us via private messages or make updates on the thread and we can then exchange contact info in private and get them to us.

Thank you for your patience!

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Let's get this party started!

Atop City Hall rests a statue of William Penn, in his hand he's holding a scroll; the treaty with the Lenape tribes.

From the Art Museum and JFK Parkway, the view takes on a unique form:

Directly under which is the Masonic Hall. Draw your own conclusions.

edit on 16-5-2019 by FlyingFox because: fin

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I was just telling someone about the tunnel system that is widespread under the city. When I was a kid, we used to enter at various places, then walk the tracks to avert the toll. Just hop up on end of the subway platform like it was nobody's business....free ride, just watch out for the 3rd rail.

I doubt ATS wants to meet up deep underground, but you never know. I'll just meet you all there....(wink) DeepState assets included.

edit on 17-5-2019 by FlyingFox because: Don't try this at home.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Thanks for planning this event on the same day that the Quicker Sniff Her Upper is holding a campaign rally downtown, it'll make driving into that 3rd world s***hole even more enjoyable than it normally is.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol, it’s also a full moon!!!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The things weve seen cannot be unseen

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Awww... that's all the details we're gonna get!?

Surely there's some info you guys could safely divulge, right?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

While we were walking down the street today we saw a man crouched down and dangling something in front of him in one hand... he was a bit of a distance away but it was clear that the man was very focused and intent on whatever he was doing.

I think his intensity and interest in the object was what drew our attention to him even from a distance.

"What was he doing?" We all asked one another. Was it some kind of small instrument, was it a craft of some kind that he was performing? We had passed people playing instruments or trying to sell small things for money so it wouldn't have been totally out of the ordinary. But as we approached we all realized, maybe reluctantly, that it was... in fact... a dead pigeon he was dangling from one hand... and it looked like he was preparing it to be a meal.

Mmmmm, pigeon for dinner. Yummy, right?
edit on 19-5-2019 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's not quite a Philly cheesesteak but who am I to judge?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

LOL. It was so great to see you today, and hang out with you and peter vlar.

I'll be posting photos within the next day or so.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So you guys did or did not join the gentleman for a bite?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Damn it. Stupid real life got in the way for me.

Sounds like a missed a good time.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

So you guys did or did not join the gentleman for a bite?

It wasn’t the largest pigeon I’ve seen and looked more like a meal for one. And the crazy eyes he was farting everywhere as he plucked the feathers was only mildly alarming.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

And for everyone who said they were coming but couldn’t make it or in one case, rando disappeared, you missed out on one of the most entertaining and epic Saturdays of my life. It can be summed up in two words...’Hookah Bar’. Beyond that descriptor, further questions pertaining to said hookah bar are completely off the table. If you missed it, there is no possible way to properly articulate the events unless you saw them first hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join