It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Homeworld

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Clearly "God" is a creature that came from a planet, therefore how BIG must that planet be?????

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

God, the man mind you, to have arms and legs, of course "he" came from a planet.

And as if we could have any doubts, it being a "man" seals the deal. I mean why would such a 'thing' (capable of creating a universe) require such as genitalia, pubic hairs, sex hormones, and so on...

Where we just wont even attempt to get into the ordeals of how could such a creature even have time to create etc our universe if distracted by women... unless to discuss how "He" might have been the last one on such a planet...

A planet the likes of which few could hardly contemplate.

How big would that planet have to be to house the particle physics laboratory responsible for our (ever expanding) universe?

What must the gravity on that rock be?

How many stars would it require to warm it?

And then the matter of the size of the solar galaxy and so on its a mere speck of?

Next we get to imagine the scale of WAR that place has experienced, which no doubt have been brutal, afterall, to be so jaded so cynical as "God" no doubt they must be beyond the comprehension of anything even our own fiction has yet managed to bedazzle us all with.....

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why do you believe planets or galaxies are real?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oops, I wasn't supposed to reply to this thread, considering who I really am.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's called Kolob, I believe.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Clearly "God" is a creature that came from a planet, therefore how BIG must that planet be?????

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

God, the man mind you, to have arms and legs, of course "he" came from a planet.

And as if we could have any doubts, it being a "man" seals the deal. I mean why would such a 'thing' (capable of creating a universe) require such as genitalia, pubic hairs, sex hormones, and so on...

Where we just wont even attempt to get into the ordeals of how could such a creature even have time to create etc our universe if distracted by women... unless to discuss how "He" might have been the last one on such a planet...

A planet the likes of which few could hardly contemplate.

How big would that planet have to be to house the particle physics laboratory responsible for our (ever expanding) universe?

What must the gravity on that rock be?

How many stars would it require to warm it?

And then the matter of the size of the solar galaxy and so on its a mere speck of?

Next we get to imagine the scale of WAR that place has experienced, which no doubt have been brutal, afterall, to be so jaded so cynical as "God" no doubt they must be beyond the comprehension of anything even our own fiction has yet managed to bedazzle us all with.....

I love how you think, .. God came from another Planet how original!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

you beat me to it

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
All YOUR answers are in a book called 'The Urantia Book" www.urantia.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The Bible (I thought?) says "they".

Elohim

When I was 8, I felt that my step father was "jaded and cynical". Now I understand he was preparing me for the real world.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Hes mocking the belief in God. FYI

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Actually no, the idea of God is much bigger and more complex than what you've described.

Most people think of God in two ways based on philosophical materialism or realism. With philosophical materialism as a belief system, either God is an imaginary friend or someone you would be able to meet in reality. People then argue if God is an imaginary friend then he is irrelevant since he isn’t real. And if God is a person, introduce me to him and have him demonstrate his powers. So if God can’t be experienced in reality as a person, then God doesn’t exist.

This way of looking at God as an object in reality, or a figment of the imagination, requires the acceptance of the assumption philosophical materialism as an absolute fact. The thing is science has shown philosophical materialism is a delusional fantasy and just another belief system or dogma. Contrary to the chagrin of the philosophical materialists, we live in a spiritual Universe where consciousness exists and participates in changing reality through observation.

Since philosophical materialism is a fairy tale, we need a more sophisticated way of looking at and understanding the nature of God. I've been leaning toward Apophatic theology lately:

Apophatic Theology

With this way of thinking, God is not an object person to experience in reality. God is manifested in the way the Holy Trinity is interpreted. With this way of thinking about God, God is perfect, complete, desiring nothing, lacking nothing, and needing nothing. God is absolute perfection and unity and beyond distinctions created through the use of language. This is a very different way of thinking about God than as an imaginary friend or someone you meet in person. Since God is absolute unity, complete, and perfect God cannot be a creature with limitations as described in the OP.

With the Apophatic way of thinking, "the essence of God is completely unknowable; mankind can know God only through His energies". So we can only know God through our experiences as an indirect way of seeing fragments or glimpses of the greatness that is God's infinite perfection.

"Apophatic theology, also known as negative theology,[1] is a form of theological thinking and religious practice which attempts to approach God, the Divine, by negation, to speak only in terms of what may not be said about the perfect goodness that is God"

"Dionysius describes the kataphatic or affirmative way to the divine as the "way of speech": that we can come to some understanding of the Transcendent by attributing all the perfections of the created order to God as its source. In this sense, we can say "God is Love", "God is Beauty", "God is Good". The apophatic or negative way stresses God's absolute transcendence and unknowability in such a way that we cannot say anything about the divine essence because God is so totally beyond being. The dual concept of the immanence and transcendence of God can help us to understand the simultaneous truth of both "ways" to God: at the same time as God is immanent, God is also transcendent. At the same time as God is knowable, God is also unknowable. God cannot be thought of as one or the other only"

"[t]hat which is infinite is known only to itself. This it is which gives some notion of God, while yet beyond all our conceptions – our very incapacity of fully grasping Him affords us the idea of what He really is. He is presented to our minds in His transcendent greatness, as at once known and unknown.[49]"

Most philosophical materialists believe there is no purpose to the Universe. Most philosophical materialists believe there is no purpose to evolution. With this way of thinking the philosophical materialists think the Universe is nothing but meaningless patterns of energy with no one pattern of energy having more meaning than any other. For the philosophical materialists evolution has no purpose. Evolution is the result of essentially random events with no outside organizing agent or influence. For the philosophical materialists consciousness doesn't really exist. Each of us is just a machine carrying out the laws of physics. And consciousness is just a delusional side effect of activity of the brain. And many philosophical materialists are researching the problem of consciousness so to finally prove consciousness does not exist.

However, in contrast to the way the philosophical materialists think about reality, this idea that God is both immanence and transcendence is fascinating to appreciate. Since God is absolute perfection and complete, the Universe was not created out of need and desire but an abundance flowing out of God. This abundance has no where else to go but to flow back to the absolute unity that is God.

We are the Universe's way of experiencing itself. We are made of the very stuff we are experiencing. The purpose of Universe is to support evolution. The purpose of evolution is to create ever greater forms of consciousness capable of appreciating the unity that is God. We are all drawn to the unity that is God. We experience slivers of God's infinite beauty and perfection when we experience greatness in our appreciation of beauty and performance in ourselves and others. In the end, all the energy of the Universe conscious and unconscious, all flows back to experience unity with the infinite perfection that is God completing a kind of circuit of reality.

The trinity can be defined as three aspects. Out of the nameless void God spoke and created light and all the forms. All forms are the words of God. The way nature behaves in patterns represented by mathematics are also the words of God. The second aspect of the trinity is the idea God is the movement of energy through all the forms. The power of God compels you. There are two principles in the Universe. One principle towards separation away from God. And another principle of energy flowing to organization, order, and unity with God. And the third aspect of the trinity is conscious awareness of the other two aspects of the trinity along with two principles of behavior. With this interpretation of the trinity we have immanence and transcendence.

As I said experiencing God's immanence and transcendence is fascinating to appreciate. Although nature behaves in patterns represented by mathematics, there is also divergence. The wave-like nature of reality means everything is connected to everything else like a giant blob of jello. Data outliers and experimental errors abound. Rogue waves of energy converge on every level of reality bubbling up creating unimaginable possibilities in nature. Nature is both order and chaos manifesting itself in a dance of jello.

And through the dance of jello, conscious observers change the way reality is realized. The Universe may operate according to certain patterns of behaviors represented with the language of mathematics but consciousness is also ripping through he Universe creating paths of unimaginable possibilities. All for the purpose of allowing consciousness to appreciate bigger pieces of the greatness that is God's perfection and unity with everything.

edit on 26-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Is this a human being or a computer algorithm asking this question, it makes no sense from a religious point of view since God is a reality unto himself and the description of created in there image could be taken in numerous different way's indeed everything from physical image to simply referring to a living self aware being that then look's out into the universe.

Now a computer can NEVER be self aware, it can simulate self awareness but it can not be self aware, it can arrive at a level of self determination and self analysis that could be mistaken for self awareness but still never be self aware simply a complex interplay between different subroutine's.

Sadly I also wonder if some people are also not like that as they seem unable to grasp the fact that Awareness - and Self is not Mind and is not Thought and is not the result of complex biological subroutines running in a soft wet mass of flesh we call a brain which is most analogous to a quantum computer running fuzzy logic program's in an operating system that has still thankfully not been cracked or there are any number of government hackers that would abuse that once and if they did.

No, Awareness exists before thought, some animal's are therefore aware but human's are of course far more aware.

Awareness is that self that float's over an operating table when a man is lying there with his heart stopped and his brainwaves stopped but whom comes back to that body with a bang when the operating team manage to get his heart restarted.

It is that self that float's up through countless floors concrete and steel as if they are an illusion and see's a nike trainer on top of a cabinet in a disused storage cupboard with a tiny window that is later confirmed after someone goes searching and find's that trainer, it is that self that see's the sticker with a message that some hospital's have on top of there operating room light's were the patient and the staff can not see them but were a disembodied SOUL can.

Is it the body that God made in his image, that sand castle of dust and chemical's or is it the SOUL the seat and origin of that higher awareness beyond the ordinary linear awareness of the body.

So I ask again is this question by a human being or a computer, computers of course can not and never shall have soul's.

edit on 26-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Now a computer can NEVER be self aware,

Then how are we self-aware? The brain is but a fancy pance computer.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

How big was the singularity thought to have contained all of the mass and space-time of the entire universe before quantum fluctuations caused it to rapidly expand?

If there is a god or creator force, it's not going to be planet-bound.

Might be somewhat constrained by the speed of light all the same whilst operation in said universe.

Hence the reason for his absenteeism per-chance?

edit on 26-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I love this post and your way of thinking. It made me think of the arguments presented in this video with regards to computer self-awareness:

Human consciousness may be more like an analog radio receiver as opposed to a computer metaphor. And the signal is our consciousness which is deeply rooted in the one wave of energy making up entire Universe. I'm not use our understanding of how our consciousness works if fully understood or can be understood with a simple model the brain is like computer memory.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Now a computer can NEVER be self aware,

Then how are we self-aware? The brain is but a fancy pance computer.

Our brain is analog not digital. There is nothing in our brain that is similar to a Von Neumann architecture. We have no clock pulse in our brains. Everything is one continuous sequential logic circuit in every direction. The idea of NAND gates simply doesn't apply.

You can stretch the definition of the word "computer" to mean something else but then why have the word in the first place?

edit on 26-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
How big was the singularity thought to have contained all of the mass and space-time of the entire universe before quantum fluctuations caused it to rapidly expand?
Might be somewhat constrained by the speed of light all the same whilst operation in said universe.

The existence of the quantum foam or a medium for the fluctuations to occur is still a violation of the law of conservation of energy.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Its always a fun subject when speaking of "God", or "god".

I think first one must study history. Oh, not the preached history, but all of it that can be recovered. And when doing so one might discover, we were not the first on this planet or any planet. Seems we have forefathers that for one reason or another abandon us to ignorance, of them and their capabilities. But at the same time, enforce that ignorance. They, are the physical creators, but not, the creators of the universe. They are the flesh and blood "gods". Its starting to look as those forefathers did in fact fashion us in their image. That being their physical attributes.

The creator of the universe, or what I call the "Divine Creator" is generally unknowable, not because he design the system that way, but to make life worth living, in search, of him, her, it. The self awareness gives you a hint as to that nature. It is a "Living God".

The home planet of the gods is within our solar system. The home planet of the God (Divine Creator), is all planets..

My most humble opinion...

edit on AMTuesdayTuesday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago5239 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I agree, for many people especially those that want to limit there view of reality to a Newtonian model like some giant abstract newton's cradle were everything can be explained by action and reaction this will seem a bit like magic or pseudoscience but of course it is actually very real science and even those old fashioned Newtonian physicists have had to stoop to using get out of jail card's such as the concept of chaos theory.

Is the brain more like and interface?, I have toyed with that idea for some time now and think it is a very valid idea.

Indeed if Consciousness in the living mind can affect reality as seem's to be the case then what is reality itself and at what level does consciousness or Super consciousness play a role in the make up of the quantum universe.

youtu.be...
www.learning-mind.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Ah Everywhere and no where, since God carries his reality with himself and perhaps us along with him?.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Ah Everywhere and no where, since God carries his reality with himself and perhaps us along with him?.
Or, maybe the other way around.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join