It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan will no longer fund adoption agencies that reject LGBT parents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I will say I don't think two dads or two moms are the best choice for a child. I do believe each sex has important things to teach a child. The benefits of a father and mother to a child exist however if it comes down to not having a home. Then a same sex couple is an alternative to a child not being adopted at all. But you will be putting additional stress on the child as they grow up.

My aunt had a child got a divorce and she ended up finding a life partner as she called it. Honestly liked her better than him. However my nephew had severe problems caused by this. Even his mom realized and he started spending the summers with us. Reality is having both sexes around teaches you how to handle them both.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Not one contributor in this thread has asked the right question.

What would happen if you asked the children what they wanted.

What do you think the children from heterosexual households would answer if you asked them if they wanted to go and live with 'Two dads' or 'Two mums'.

But no, we can't do that because the damn answer is bloody obvious.

Instead, if the children object, just give then some indoctrination therapy!

These children have no rights to self determination, none at all.

Disgusting!

Do you know what Trophy Children are. Now you do.

P

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This.

Children learn important lessons about how each sex interacts with society by having that real example living with them in their family. If you cannot have that, then they need to have close role models they interact with often.

But if you cannot have that, then it's far better to have a stable two parent home than just one parent.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

At the same time, how many would choose to remain in an institutional setting if the alternative were a home placement?

And I am asking both sides of this debate that because in this case the children *are* the real losers.
edit on 23-3-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My point is that a placement into such an arrangement should be up to the child.

The vast majority of children will say No.

If the child is in the so called care system, then they are already in a POS position. Placing a child who is already under extreme stress and displacement into an unfamiliar environment just adds to displacement stress.

Ask the children.

But they won't do that because the kids will say No.

P

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If children have a stable home where they are loved, then why should it matter if the parents are same-sexed?

Look, I know the current theme is, Orange Man Bad", but gay people are not bad, they aren't the enemy, they aren't evil.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I am saying that historically and statistically the rate of child abuse (sexual) is several times more likely in LGBT household.

Proof?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If children have a stable home where they are loved, then why should it matter if the parents are same-sexed?

Look, I know the current theme is, Orange Man Bad", but gay people are not bad, they aren't the enemy, they aren't evil.

Right on, and with a nod of agreement from my husband. They didn't give two s#s that mom left dad for a woman, who she's still with decades later, because they all knew she was clearly not straight and very miserable trying to force the life.
All three of them absolutely adore, let's call her Bonnie, like she was their own flesh & blood. My husband, being the oldest, admittedly did spend the least amount of years in a gay household before turning 18 and doing his army thing, but the younger brothers spent the better part of their youth in a gay household, and aren't remotely warped from it or disgusted by it, "We had 2 moms and a dad, what's so bad about that? People are just stupid." Happiness of the parents & their relationship means a lot more to kids than whether or not they have straight parents or gay ones.

3 dudes in their mid 30's through late 40's can't be wrong there, that's a lot of years of experience on their part compared to naysayers' meager personal opinions from afar.
edit on 3/24/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Michigan will no longer fund adoption agencies that reject LGBT parents

We've all heard the stories about how much these adoption agencies charge in payment.. The state shouldn't be funding any of them... perhaps it's all just a ruse to get rid of the competition...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Fools
I will go ahead and say it. Historically speaking, sexual deviants have been or will be pedophiles when given the opportunity. Statistics are played with on both sides of the issue. For me every homosexual (lesbian or gay man) I have ever known personally (on an actual friendship level) was definitely molested by an adult they trusted when they were children.

This was when I was in my early 20's so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. Also I noticed (especially with the lesbians I knew) that they loved getting with younger under 18 girls. Absolutely loved it and were proud of it. I suppose because no one really cared in a moral sense or something. I have no idea.

My mothers-in-law are gay, and my husband are brothers-in-law were never abused. Neither were their moms.
And neither were any of my gay & lesbian friends. I think you live in a very s#y area where people are nasty at heart & thrive on taking advantage of the weakest victims they can find, and it speaks volumes more than orientation does.

Quick edit: Let my husband read your posts, lol. I can't post his words verbatim due to censors and manners rules, but suffice it to say, he finds you to be a POS & hopes you don't live a long life because it's a waste of resources.

I do not care what you or your husband think.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

What would happen if you asked the children what they wanted.

What do you think the children from heterosexual households would answer if you asked them if they wanted to go and live with 'Two dads' or 'Two mums'.

But no, we can't do that because the damn answer is bloody obvious.

Instead, if the children object, just give then some indoctrination therapy!

These children have no rights to self determination, none at all.

Disgusting!

Do you know what Trophy Children are. Now you do.

P

Excellent observation. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I will go ahead and say it. Historically speaking, sexual deviants have been or will be pedophiles when given the opportunity. Statistics are played with on both sides of the issue. For me every homosexual (lesbian or gay man) I have ever known personally (on an actual friendship level) was definitely molested by an adult they trusted when they were children.

This was when I was in my early 20's so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. Also I noticed (especially with the lesbians I knew) that they loved getting with younger under 18 girls. Absolutely loved it and were proud of it. I suppose because no one really cared in a moral sense or something. I have no idea.

My mothers-in-law are gay, and my husband are brothers-in-law were never abused. Neither were their moms.
And neither were any of my gay & lesbian friends. I think you live in a very s#y area where people are nasty at heart & thrive on taking advantage of the weakest victims they can find, and it speaks volumes more than orientation does.

Quick edit: Let my husband read your posts, lol. I can't post his words verbatim due to censors and manners rules, but suffice it to say, he finds you to be a POS & hopes you don't live a long life because it's a waste of resources.

And to quote him, "I really don't care what her stupid ass thinks, either. Suck it, lady."

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Already asked and it was refused. Just shows what a bigot he is tbh.
Glad to see them get old and disappear.
edit on 24-3-2019 by MyToxicTash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

And to quote him, "I really don't care what her stupid ass thinks, either. Suck it, lady."

Still give not a single turd.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I am saying that historically and statistically the rate of child abuse (sexual) is several times more likely in LGBT household.

Proof?

There is no proof.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Proof?

There is no proof.

Actually there is.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
clear case of violating the religious freedom of people for political gain, can't discriminate LGBT but christians and others of faith are perfectly fine to discriminate against it seems, one oppression in exchange for another is the modern way.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

oh come on, don't get sulky, get aggressive! throw around some more paragraphs full of slurs and outright lies! i was SO close to Ignorant Loser Bingo, one more rant would do it

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

how 'bout this for a "right" question:

if, as you lot like to insist around here, children are too young and unformed to know their own gender or their own mind, and they're far too fragile to be taught that sexuality exists - let alone differing sexualities - then how on earth could they possibly be trusted with a choice of who to have as their legal guardians for the next decade-odd? that's a massive deal that goes a long way to forming everything about a child's future life, children are far too young to be able to decide that!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

if, as you lot like to insist around here, children are too young and unformed to know their own gender or their own mind, and they're far too fragile to be taught that sexuality exists - let alone differing sexualities

You quoted me.

I have never said any of the crap you attribute to me.

You deliberately missed the entire point of my post.

KISS

P

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join