It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post and CNN getting sued big time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Don't get me wrong, I like Avenatti.

What's not to like? I mean, he got himself disbarred, he hasn't won a single case since he hit the spotlight, he's lost every other case against him, is now dirt broke and can't pay his court fines, lied to his client, gave his client bad advice, made the DNC look stoopid by claiming to be a part of them, embarrassed himself on several occasions, and wasn't even considered worthy to show up with his 'client' in the Kavanaugh hearings.

Listen, I've had my share of legal battles and lawyers.

So have I, which is why I pegged Avernatti right off the bat. I'm the guy who has beaten DAs without representation because the case was too easy to bother hiring someone. And from everything I have seen, Lin Wood is the real deal and this is going to be an historic (and hysterical) loss for CNN and WaPo.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

LOL how so he is just a kid

Tell that to the Central Park 5!

That fact has no effect on the media outlet's 1st Amendment rights. But, like you a lot of people support this kid. Before this, nobody but his parents supported this kid. He's definitely better off now than he was before this incident. That's why his lawsuit will fail, if followed through.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm not saying I would hire him. But I like his vibrato! His disbarrment is new news to me! LOL

I love a good show!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Don't get me wrong, I like Avenatti.

What's not to like? I mean, he got himself disbarred, he hasn't won a single case since he hit the spotlight, he's lost every other case against him, is now dirt broke and can't pay his court fines, lied to his client, gave his client bad advice, made the DNC look stoopid by claiming to be a part of them, embarrassed himself on several occasions, and wasn't even considered worthy to show up with his 'client' in the Kavanaugh hearings.

Listen, I've had my share of legal battles and lawyers.

So have I, which is why I pegged Avernatti right off the bat. I'm the guy who has beaten DAs without representation because the case was too easy to bother hiring someone. And from everything I have seen, Lin Wood is the real deal and this is going to be an historic (and hysterical) loss for CNN and WaPo.

TheRedneck

You may be correct - a landmark case that will properly punish the corrupt and most certainly NOT free press.
I would very much hope as part of discovery that any commuincations with the Democrat party are also investigated to determine what direction was coming from political operatives. This has the potential of blowing wide open the backroom relationship between Washington and the leftist main stream media.
It's for that latter that I think, however, these outlets will settle.

edit on 9/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

LOL how so he is just a kid

Tell that to the Central Park 5!

That fact has no effect on the media outlet's 1st Amendment rights. But, like you a lot of people support this kid. Before this, nobody but his parents supported this kid. He's definitely better off now than he was before this incident. That's why his lawsuit will fail, if followed through.

A lot of people are furious with him just cause he wore a red hat with words on them, LOL many of them famous and influential derided this kid. Some would likely do physical harm to him if given the chance.

The Central Park 5 is a travesty on it's own, is in a whole different class of injustice and media biased. That case was so heinous, unjust and horrible it sullies it to even mention it in this context.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

A lot of people are furious with him just cause he wore a red hat with words on them, LOL many of them famous and influential derided this kid. Some would likely do physical harm to him if given the chance.

Yeah but, he's a Covington Catholic kid. He's got people in his corner, the people that matter, important people like Brett Kavanaugh. Those judgy lefty liberal don't matter anyway! He's not looking to go to UC Berkley!
edit on 9-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

if he wins his law suit he wont need to get a job in his lifetime

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah but, he's a Covington Catholic kid. He's got people in his corner, the people that matter, important people like Brett Kavanaugh. Those judgy lefty liberal don't matter anyway! He's not looking to go to UC Berkley!

LOL virtually every university has its liberal leanings most of the time its probably a good thing, for balance and diversity but lately thats gone off the rails too. Besides are you saying he just ought to stay in his neighborhood the rest of his life,

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sookiechacha said, "LOL 'Journalist standards'...what journalist standards?"

Thank you for confirming my sneaking suspicion that media outlets have done away with professional standards of conduct.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Besides are you saying he just ought to stay in his neighborhood the rest of his life,

He was introduced into the limelight through his conservative representations, i.e. Covington Catholic, MAGA hat, etc.

If he wants to move from that right wing venue, his options are wide open. The guy is famous! He didn't used to be. Now he has options that he didn't have before.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Whoa, wait! So anyone who wears a MAGA cap is now a celebrity? When did this happen?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Dude, trying to have a conversation with Sookie is like playing chess with a pigeon. Don't bother trying.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

if he wins his law suit he wont need to get a job in his lifetime

I hope he does win ,because they have been getting away with this crap for far to long and it's just getting worse.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Besides are you saying he just ought to stay in his neighborhood the rest of his life,

He was introduced into the limelight through his conservative representations, i.e. Covington Catholic, MAGA hat, etc.

If he wants to move from that right-wing venue, his options are wide open. The guy is famous! He didn't used to be. Now he has options that he didn't have before.

Famous lol what if he didnt want to be famous, what if he just wanted to be a kid, what if he wore the hat to please his Dad.

So now he is pigeoned holed into being a conservative cause he wore a hat with words when he was 15. LOL dont you think he ought to have free choice to learn about and decide this when he is older. Instead, he branded conservative lol imagine if he wanted to date your daughter. I kid or exaggerate but that's the point got to find ways to quit being divisive. Yea I lean right a lot of ways but lean left on some important issues and I'm probably more libertarian than anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sookie:

100% wrong. About 100% of everything. 100% of the time.

Just an observation but I’m sure everyone has noticed it too.

The Sandmann kid is going to win this case. And for some reason (extreme mental gymnastics required) Libs are upset about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I like playing chess with pigeons. They make funny faces when they try to eat the rooks.

Even funnier faces the next day.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So , you are saying this will make it to the US Supreme Court ?
Better go take a look at the SCOTUS history of hearing civil suits based on defamation of character.
You just wanted to poke at conservative judges , didn't you
You knew before posting
Please say yes.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Masterjaden

I like playing chess with pigeons. They make funny faces when they try to eat the rooks.

Even funnier faces the next day.

TheRedneck

Not only do they not know how to play chess--they crap all over the board.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

This a looser law suit. The "Sand Man" will loose.

He will indeed loose, he will loosen the weight of the wallets of cnn and WaPo. Probably the only correct prediction you've ever made on this site

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

That reference just keeps getting more accurate by the post.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join