It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post and CNN getting sued big time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

wouldnt surprise me if this gets settled out of court and a NDA is signed by all involved.

That would work... we found out from the left that NDAs are illegal, so someone can sue WaPo for executing one.

Hey, this could go on for even longer than you thought!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: 727Sky
This is a video of the why the law suits are being filed against the Washington Post and CNN both of whom ran with a totally false story just to smear Nick Sandmann (the kid with the MAGA hat)..

I do believe in a free press ... I do not believe in a press who intentionally publishes/pushes lies... Something needs to be done and this just may be the first step in rectifying the abuse of power... which is exactly what it is IMO. youtu.be... The CNN lawsuit will be filed on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week... I for one hope the lawsuit is successful..

Daftest thing you could ever hear...not that it seems you have heard it.

Had it been more that the youngster was the main concern of the suit, rather than an accusation of a lying press et al...(which is what Sandemann is basically saying) a suit might hold more water where there is an area of be concern for the youngsters wellbeing, or whatever.
The WP and CNN both have a while ago, already posted an error response and that needs to be acknowledged whatever anybody thinks.

The attorney is obviously on something that's not good for his wallet!

if someone prints a retraction, should that negate a libelous story that was allowed to run 24/7 for days? What if it is shown that those pushing the narrative knew it was bogus? Guess we will find out with this lawsuit I suppose.

It's the 1st amendment that's in the picture...love it or hate it, however the suit appears to be attacking the 1st as per the lawyer, the youngster is presented as just a piece of meat.

Not really. freedom of the press does NOT give them carte blanche to destroy people's lives with bogus stories and the print a retraction weeks later that no one reads or cares about when the damage is already done. guess we will see how this goes.....CNN and WP have unlimited funds for attorney's and will tie this up for a VERY long time. wouldnt surprise me if this gets settled out of court and a NDA is signed by all involved.

The lawyer isn't charging anything to do this.

Because he already has his own money.

People need to research the lawyer and what he has actually won, as far as cases against the media.

Lucian Lincoln "Lin" Wood Jr. (born October 19, 1952 in Raleigh, North Carolina) is an American attorney based in Atlanta, Georgia. He represented Richard Jewell, the security guard falsely accused in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta in 1996. Wood's representation of Richard Jewell inspired Dan Rather to call him the "attorney for the damned",and helped transform Wood from a personal injury lawyer to a nationally known defamation lawyer.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

wouldnt surprise me if this gets settled out of court and a NDA is signed by all involved.

That would work... we found out from the left that NDAs are illegal, so someone can sue WaPo for executing one.

Hey, this could go on for even longer than you thought!

TheRedneck

oh noes, an NDA!!!!?!!?

I am sure Congress will need to investigate all involved forever

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Again, what law?

I think the lawyer knows what he's doing.

In the meantime, I don't think you do. Weren't you one of those who was telling us how great a lawyer Avanatti was when he couldn't figure out what a NDA was? I thought that was you... so how did that turn out?

WaPo better get those checkbooks handy...

TheRedneck

No that wasn't me. I never commented on the quality of Avanetti's legalese. I do admire his , like Jeff Bezo's, dick swinging talents though!

I don't automatically assume lawyers know what they're doing or have their clients best interest at heart. You can hire a lawyer to defend or fight anything, doesn't mean they'll win, but they'll send you the bill!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I heard about this guy. If there is a case to be made, he is the one to make it.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I heard about this guy. If there is a case to be made, he is the one to make it.

Which is why I was trying to point out that this case has a good chance at succeeding.

This lawyer is not only excellent, he has won defamation cases against the media before.

Not only that, he is taking this one personal and going pro bono.

He's not in it for the money.

He's in it to win it.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Check out Richard Jewell think he eventually got NBC for $500,000 and CNN that finally settled out of court NDA, lead to big changes in their news division. Same for Jon Bennet's brother and CBS just slandered him once. CNN BASICALLY HAD THIS ON 24/7. They can delay for years probably will then they will quietly settle under an NDA. and you will think they won. When they really lost.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No that wasn't me. I never commented on the quality of Avanetti's legalese.

Really? I could have sworn you were one of those who were supporting him and saying that he knew exactly what he was doing...

Oh, well, not worth my time looking back through posts. If someone else does, though, I wouldn't complain...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I honestly don't think this case is winnable, but I do agree with the annoyed pharmacist that the defendants will probably execute an NDA and settle. I think the kid is demonstratively better off with the publicity he's gotten than he was before the publicity.
edit on 9-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Congress? No, no, we need a Special Counsel! I nominate Trey Gowdy...

Oh, and we have to raid every lawyer for CNN/WaPo at 3:00 AM to confiscate all of their records as well, and make sure to tip off Fox so they can be there when the SWAT team shows up... fair is fair.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I watched an interview with Lin Wood on one of the pundit shows when this first started blowing up. My impression is that he is not the guy I would want to be facing in a courtroom. He seems to know the law and has a very analytical mind.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I watched an interview with Lin Wood on one of the pundit shows when this first started blowing up. My impression is that he is not the guy I would want to be facing in a courtroom. He seems to know the law and has a very analytical mind.

TheRedneck

He didn't get to where he is by being mediocre.

I personally think that this case is his personal magnum opus.

If so it is going to be fun to watch... after all, he picked it to win it.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't get me wrong, I like Avenatti. But I recognize hot air. He had a lot of it. So does Rudy Guiliani.

Listen, I've had my share of legal battles and lawyers. I'm involved in a lawsuit right now, and I didn't hire lawyers who told me they could win my case. I hired a lawyer that understood the difficulties of making and proving my case. The defendants, on the other hand have hired and fired 3 lawyers since we started. They finally have an attorney that respects them enough to tell them the truth!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I honestly don't think this case is winnable, but I do agree with the annoyed pharmacist that the defendants will probably execute an NDA and settle. I think the kid is demonstratively better off with the publicity he's gotten than he was before the publicity.

LOL how so he is just a kid, LOL imagine going to college and getting found out by people less tolerant than Sookiechacha, lets face it in a university they might not admit him in because of a possible disturbance. The networks and WaPo made him a flashpoint. No telling the potential repercussions to a KID a 15 year old kid. He was getting death threats from across the country. lol and you think he is better off?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Well, he kept talking about principles... I consider that a good thing, if unusual... who ever heard of a shark with principles?

I jest, but he did impress me. I only wish someone could televise the trials. I would pay to see CNN and WaPo squirm like the worms they are! Heck, it would likely outrank the OJ Simpson trial!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket

Why are you being so blatantly oblivious to negative treatment of a child, by adults and news outlets?

Please show me where in the Constitution it says freedom of the press can be revoked when minors are in the news?

Weren't the Central Park Five just kids?

Defamation and the 1st amendment have been debated in the SC and ruled upon. The 1st amendment is always considered in defamation cases but there is no blank cheque for the media to slander people. Where CNN are in trouble is that Sandman is not a public fugure. The bar for him to prove his case is lower than if he were a public fugure. I'd say that he has a decent case.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?! That kid is famous and he has so much support! I bet he gets a scholarship just based on this incident!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't get me wrong, I like Avenatti. But I recognize hot air. He had a lot of it. So does Rudy Guiliani.

Listen, I've had my share of legal battles and lawyers. I'm involved in a lawsuit right now, and I didn't hire lawyers who told me they could win my case. I hired a lawyer that understood the difficulties of making and proving my case. The defendants, on the other hand have hired and fired 3 lawyers since we started. They finally have an attorney that respects them enough to tell them the truth!

Is it a defamation case? otherwise, there is no relevance here. This guy is putting his reputation on the line pro bono, he knows he has a damn good chance of winning, its just a question of how much.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How was Nick Sandmann slandered/defamed again?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?! That kid is famous and he has so much support! I bet he gets a scholarship just based on this incident!

Yea now you are just being ridiculous and contrarian just for the hell of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join