It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post and CNN getting sued big time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You understand libel and slander are against the law, right?

edit on 9 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So. . . ummm. . . . just based on your biased feels then.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So you can't write in English and you can't comprehend it either.

LOL Neither can your president. His spelling is far worse than mine.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

WaPo and CNN to the mat. Will cry "Uncle!" soon. 49 more lawsuits being prepared!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So. . . ummm. . . . just based on your biased feels then.

The whole complaint is all about "feels"!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You understand libel and slander are against the law, right?

Not sure about that. Police can't arrest you for it. It's a civil complaint. But I don't think that they can prove libel or slander.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Police can't arrest you for it.

Fair enough.

But I don't think that they can prove libel or slander.

Why do you believe this?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Not sure how this will pan out, but I do hope he is successful in his lawsuit. These "news" outlets have turned into 100% propaganda, and they blatantly and purposely misrepresent stories to push narratives, even if they have to destroy people in the process.

If this is successful, maybe next time they try to destroy someones life they will actually, you know, check the facts and report the news instead of making up sh*t.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

no, its actually based on facts, they have been presented, in video etc...everyone in the world saw the law broken by CNN and Wapo, amongst others.

How does sand taste? Or bedrock for that matter, considering how far you have your head stuck in it?

No need to respond, as Im going to take Lumenari's advice and not argue with ...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
This is a video of the why the law suits are being filed against the Washington Post and CNN both of whom ran with a totally false story just to smear Nick Sandmann (the kid with the MAGA hat)..

I do believe in a free press ... I do not believe in a press who intentionally publishes/pushes lies... Something needs to be done and this just may be the first step in rectifying the abuse of power... which is exactly what it is IMO. youtu.be... The CNN lawsuit will be filed on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week... I for one hope the lawsuit is successful..

Daftest thing you could ever hear...not that it seems you have heard it.

Had it been more that the youngster was the main concern of the suit, rather than an accusation of a lying press et al...(which is what Sandemann is basically saying) a suit might hold more water where there is an area of be concern for the youngsters wellbeing, or whatever.
The WP and CNN both have a while ago, already posted an error response and that needs to be acknowledged whatever anybody thinks.

The attorney is obviously on something that's not good for his wallet!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Why do you believe this?

Their claims are emotional, hyperbolic and in some cases provably false. For example, the Washington Post didn't accuse Sandmann of instigating the behavior of the other boys. They can't prove that Sandmann was "targeted" because he was white or Catholic or because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

This is a video of the why the law suits are being filed against the Washington Post and CNN both of whom ran with a totally false story just to smear Nick Sandmann (the kid with the MAGA hat)..

I do believe in a free press ... I do not believe in a press who intentionally publishes/pushes lies... Something needs to be done and this just may be the first step in rectifying the abuse of power... which is exactly what it is IMO. youtu.be... The CNN lawsuit will be filed on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week... I for one hope the lawsuit is successful..

Had it been more that the youngster was the main concern of the suit, rather than an accusation of a lying press et al...(which is what Sandemann is basically saying) a suit might hold more water where there is an area of be concern for the youngsters wellbeing, or whatever.
The WP and CNN both have a while ago, already posted an error response and that needs to be acknowledged whatever anybody thinks.

if someone prints a retraction, should that negate a libelous story that was allowed to run 24/7 for days? What if it is shown that those pushing the narrative knew it was bogus? Guess we will find out with this lawsuit I suppose.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: projectvxn

Why do you believe this?

Their claims are emotional, hyperbolic and in some cases provably false. For example, the Washington Post didn't accuse Sandmann of instigating the behavior of the other boys. They can't prove that Sandmann was "targeted" because he was white or Catholic or because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

I think that what you are saying here will be proved demonstrably false by actual events to come. This isn't technically a suit between adults or public figures either. Things are a bit different.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

no, its actually based on facts, they have been presented, in video etc...everyone in the world saw the law broken by CNN and Wapo, amongst others.

Again, what law? If defamation was "against the law" Donald Trump would be in jail. Again, defamation. like libel and slander are civil complaints and have to be proven. I don't think they defamed Sandmann. What kind of reputation did Nicholas have before this event? You know they're going to look at his life with a magnifying glass now!

He's famous now, but not defamed. He's better off now, fame wise, than he was before this. You know what they say, all publicity is good!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

if someone prints a retraction, should that negate a libelous story that was allowed to run 24/7 for days? What if it is shown that those pushing the narrative knew it was bogus? Guess we will find out with this lawsuit I suppose.

It's the 1st amendment that's in the picture...love it or hate it, however the suit appears to be attacking the 1st as per the lawyer, the youngster is presented as just a piece of meat.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I'm not aware of any retractions. I'm aware of several media outlet's mea culpas for not presenting the whole story. The media outlets received harsh criticism, but not telling the whole story isn't a crime, and freedom of the press still stands.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Info on CNN colluding with government to hurt Trump A very bad month for CNN is shaping up...even worse than the usual. And richly deserved too!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

It's the 1st amendment that's in the picture...love it or hate it, however the suit appears to be attacking the 1st as per the lawyer, the youngster is presented as just a piece of meat.

Not really. freedom of the press does NOT give them carte blanche to destroy people's lives with bogus stories and the print a retraction weeks later that no one reads or cares about when the damage is already done. guess we will see how this goes.....CNN and WP have unlimited funds for attorney's and will tie this up for a VERY long time. wouldnt surprise me if this gets settled out of court and a NDA is signed by all involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Again, what law?

I think the lawyer knows what he's doing.

In the meantime, I don't think you do. Weren't you one of those who was telling us how great a lawyer Avanatti was when he couldn't figure out what a NDA was? I thought that was you... so how did that turn out?

WaPo better get those checkbooks handy...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I'm not aware of any retractions. I'm aware of several media outlet's mea culpas for not presenting the whole story. The media outlets received harsh criticism, but not telling the whole story isn't a crime, and freedom of the press still stands.

if they didnt tell the whole story purposely to misrepresent a story, to push a narrative of racism and possibly destroy the reputation and life of a kid it may not be criminal, but is sure as sh*t is the lowest of the low. it also could possibly be libelous, so let's just let the lawsuit take it's course and see what happens eh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join