It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 327
<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Any argument about the reality of ufos will always end up: its all a matter of faith or no faith.

Sure, literally there are UFOS all the time. But the question is more nuanced than the black and white superficial issue of ufos.

It’s also about, ET, UT, possible extra-dimensional realities, inner earth possibilities as well. Or maybe just misperception.

The belief spectrum ranges from the total disbeliever in these weird possibilities on any level to maybe just physical ETs from outer space to the more occult potentials.

It's all about personal belief.
Just as religion.

The thing with me personally is dogmatic people who say one way or the other, this is the truth when the fact is there is no certainty here at all.

It makes me sick to hear the AA “theorists” project heir dogma as it makes my skin crawl when people say its ET or its nothing as if they know. THEY DON’T KNOW!

It’s about personal belief since theirs is no science that gives us certainty.

TTSA, on the spectrum, is really bad. Why? Because they have become a propaganda and hype outfit for their nebulous views. And they hype themselves when they really HAVE NOTHING TO HYPE!

For some people it's common sense. Especially for experiencers. Religion is based on ancient (and mostly faked) books and rarely on high enough will called faith that produces various "miracles"

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Celty good link but you know you could put all of this in one post.

Make it easy on yourself and us too.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Very good link Celty.
www.popularmechanics.com...

I want to make some comments about this story

Sure, it does clear up some things but not remotely everything.

First of all, I didn’t know Isacckoi was an ATS administrator.

One such critic was the UFO researcher and Above Top Secret administrator Isaac Koi

Perhaps he was back in 2007 when Finaltheory made his initial appearance

Anyway,

Check this quote out

I

n a statement to Popular Mechanics, Susan Gough, the Senior Strategic Planner for the Secretary of Defense Public Affairs Office, confirmed the authenticity of the video uploaded to Vision Unlimited, saying Navy officials became aware that the video had been posted online in 2009.
“With respect to the 2004 sighting by aircraft from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68); that video was widely shared throughout the ship at that time,” Gough writes. “In 2007, one of those crewmembers posted the video onto the public web.”

My premise has always been that these Nimitz videos are no big thing, they never were.

When The finaltheory mysteriously returned to ATS last year I said at the time that likely these videos were on the navy server in a Public folder with access to some on the IT and navy staff.

The above statement by Ms. Gough confirms my speculation.

(BTW this is the same Ms. Gough who said Zondo WAS NOT involved in ATTIP )

As I tried to explain at the time. I have been in many fortune 500 companies and had access to their servers that ordinary employees never have, with all kinds of secrets and people don’t realize the ease it is in stealing these secrets if one is dishonest. Think Edward Snowden.

Just think to yourself, If the feds let Sowden download those millions of top-secret data a tech aboard the Nimitz copying a few video files is nothing in comparison. But that more than likely indicates these videos WERE NOT FELT TO BE ANY BIG THING.

The article, though, doesn’t at all clear up the mystery behind the release of the Nimitz videos. In fact, there is a multitude of contradictory and confusing facts, that serve to keep the story very nebulous.

I will admit that this flimsy security around the videos seems to indicate they aren’t any secret military weaponry or technology involved.

One can’t decipher all the confusion around the TTSA/Zondo/TDL mix-up over the release of the videos.
edit on 17-1-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

I did not know Isaac Koi was an administrator on here.

edit on 17-1-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If this is the first time you get to experience "the mainstream media" covering a story where you already have prior information/ first hand knowledge- get prepared for the shock of realising they are generally clueless on the topics they cover and make lots of basic factual errors.

I suppose it's easier to obsess over a blurry video that SHOWS NOTHING INTERESTING posted by anonymous internet folks ..meanwhile Mellon, Justice, Sheehy and Pais are all just avoiding al proper journalistic scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

My premise has always been that these Nimitz videos are no big thing, they never were....

I suspect that the videos aren't important. They might not have been given a full public release. But the Pentagon could be more concerned about the fact that the person who obtained video also claimed...

“I found many videos and powerpoint briefs (navy standard) and written reports and even message traffic that was being passed through our radio division. It was all there....

Remember the video ended up on a German film makers website. Take all of the above in light of a response to Chris Lambright's recent FOIA request where the Navy....

“.....discovered certain briefing slides that are classified TOP SECRET. A review of these materials indicates that are currently and appropriate Marked and Classified TOP SECRET under Executive Order 13526

It makes me wonder if the topic here is related not to the videos but the "presentation" slides or other material that may be out there somewhere. What if that presentation confirms this was a full scale secret weapons test, or gives away certain capabilities and technology specifications?

If you wanted to flush out who else might be holding onto secret material that appears linked to the leaking of the video of a UFO then you'd get people talking and create a buzz on the internet by hyping up a UFO story. Someone, somewhere might just turn up with the goods.

Creating a full blown front company to do this would seem overkill. But there is probably a number of agendas at hand.

What that article in Pop Mechanics didn't cover was that someone claiming to be thefinaltheory returned to ATS in early June of last year and a fair amount of further sleuthing continued on the subject matter....

The new poster claimed....

I am thefinaltheory. I was the one who originally obtained the video, the reports, and the powerpoint presentation.

Link

Now as far as I know those reports and the powerpoint presentation have never made it out into the public domain. But I bet the Pentagon would be very interested if they do.

edit on 18/1/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

There definitely seemed to be an element of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" to the whole FinalTheory affair, at least at first.

"Here is a cool video I downloaded while in the service - anyone see anything similar and have a video/powerpoint/top secret documents they can share?"

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Spending a few million to protect programs and weapons programs that are highly classified that cost several billion...I could see that happening.

It's a great idea (TTSA) in terms of collating and collecting materials of any kind that are out there in the public domain, especially if they shouldn't be.

However, why wait so long, if that was the case...
edit on p33820202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Finally....someone that understands what's going on:

It makes me wonder if the topic here is related not to the videos but the "presentation" slides or other material that may be out there somewhere. What if that presentation confirms this was a full scale secret weapons test, or gives away certain capabilities and technology specifications? If you wanted to flush out who else might be holding onto secret material that appears linked to the leaking of the video of a UFO then you'd get people talking and create a buzz on the internet by hyping up a UFO story.

Someone, somewhere might just turn up with the goods. Creating a full blown front company to do this would seem overkill. But there is probably a number of agendas at hand. What that article in Pop Mechanics didn't cover was that someone claiming to be thefinaltheory returned to ATS in early June of last year and a fair amount of further sleuthing continued on the subject matter....

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well said mate it's painfully obvious there are extremely mysterious objects flying in the sky - radar/EM effects/physical trace.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well said mate it's painfully obvious there are extremely mysterious objects flying in the sky - radar/EM effects/physical trace.

It's amazing how "Flying" seems to occupy most of these mysterious objects' time when actually treading on dry land would seem a more worthwhile exercise. I suppose I'm thinking of how WE ourselves would explore another world rather than risking constant aerial detection. Perhaps this is why cases such as Socorro (1964), the sheer scope (and controversy) of the Travis Walton case (1975), the utterly strange Bob Taylor close encounter (1979), and some of the more bizarre abduction stories fascinate me far more than innumerable lights in the sky - although Kaikoura (1979/80) is an honourable exception due to its unprecedented amount of data collection.

I dunno, I'm feeling a bit flat and cynical about the whole topic this week, Karl (and Jay).

Probably a passing phase. Mind you, sitting through the latest agonisingly empty, hot-air-filled George Knapp interview with Elizondo didn't help matters. That's a wasted 45 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

edit on 18-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Breaking:

Intelligent Airforce Officer Reports on AATIP and Fravor

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Don’t get too excited Celty

Hollywood's UFO Stories Are Becoming Way More Realisticwww.vice.com...

UFOs are everywhere, and Hollywood has noticed. Talking about UFOs is no longer fringe, with former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge getting the U.S. military to admit that it has videos of UFOs.
Small and big screens alike have always carried alien and UFOs. From films like Close Encounters of the Third Kind to Contact to Arrival and even The Avengers franchise, bizarre aliens and their vehicles have come to Earth and have had audiences the world over question the existence of extraterrestrials. But there is an increased focus on UFO hunters in Hollywood.

The problem with the above is very simple. Once people get into the UFO maze eventually they will hit a glass ceiling of nothing there substantial. No verified ufos from ET land and no Aliens in the flesh.

Also, Hollywood has ALWAYS been interested in the alien ufo/ET syndrome. There are many many movies on this.

And this new craze will just help corporate Hollywood out when finally people get tired of superhero Marvel movies, and they will eventually get tired of them.

Plus, this line is an exaggeration to false. Oh really, they admit they have what?

with former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge getting the U.S. military to admit that it has videos of UFOs.

So, on one level this is all about the illicit relationship of the media, movie industry( which has always had its connections to the Military) and of course, the MIC and the new whore on the block, the science biotech industry.
edit on 18-1-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thanks for the link to the article....

You are right on point with :

Once people get into the UFO maze eventually they will hit a glass ceiling of nothing there substantial. No verified ufos from ET land and no Aliens in the flesh.

I am still awaiting a new video...

I don't foresee anything interesting on the horizon...

Except for those secret presentation slides only one other person besides TFT has seen them and that would be Cometa2....

Season 2 will be disappointing...

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Plus, this line is an exaggeration to false. Oh really, they admit they have what?

......with former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge getting the U.S. military to admit that it has videos of UFOs.

You can fool some of the people all of the time...and it's not even half time.

twitter.com...

Anyone want to hand the Richard Cranium awards out?

edit on 19/1/2020 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Oh my!

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Those people who see what’s not there or what is already there are blind, deceived, and self-deceived.

And always the marks for conmen

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It’s very simple. When one first gets into ufology often the newcomers will accept the stories on face value.

They never look under the hood. So, the superficial stories become true to them. And if they do look under the hood it’s under the direction of one of the CONFIRMATION BIAS ufologists.

But if or when they look closer, without a CONFIRMATION BIAS straightjacket on, they see things differently.

Some of the stories don’t hold up. Some of them do better than others, and some of them hold up on their own. Indeed, some of them are definitely UNIDENTIFIED and some of those may definitely be otherworldly, paranormal, ET, as well as the man from mars.... KNOW ONE KNOWS.

When I see a Mufon documentary and they speculate all over the place and put events all in an Alien/ET area 51, Roswell, ( gee willie willekers this is ET) perspective and they totally lose objectivity and have gone in the direction of believers with confirmation bias disease, and are selling a TV show.

So, all is asked of these newcomers is to look under the hood once in a while.
And...

Keep looking

edit on 19-1-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 324  325  326    328  329  330 >>

join