It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
The greatest spokesperson for Ufology:

The best spokesperson for the mystery of the UFO subject is the internal government documentation.

www.anomalistbooks.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Excellent find.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That doesn't mean one has to believe in it just acknowledge its existence

I concur.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I don’t know how you came to the conclusion Chariots of the Gods has more evidence than Sekret Machines: Gods but I’m baffled.
I’ll contest that there’s more pictures and data, in the traditional sense but that doesn’t mean they count as evidence.

Chariots is a great starting point for the discussion of antediluvian gods equating to the ufo phenomenon in some way but so much has progressed since. Daniken makes the connection between Ezekiel’s vision of the wheel and the ufo phenomenon which is great, but connected to that vision is a whole school of Jewish mysticism called Merkaba or Merkava mysticism which in a roundabout way seems to imply that the chariot Ezekiel saw can be utilised by humans through mediation and that possibly (some) UFO’s are an intelligence of some sort utilising this Merkaba to appear to us as what we think a thing appearing in the sky should look like.

That’s a spiel in itself but there are hundreds more points like this to make. Levenda focuses on ancient texts from Sumeria, Egypt, China and Greece among others, for those not getting the sentiment I suggest you look backwards further than the 1950’s for your esoteric education.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

One question is open and that is why is the military all of a sudden distancing itself from TTSA?

Not accurate...remember the CRADA...with the ARMY.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The second issue is ufology and occultism. I don’t agree this is any significant thing since its nothing new and actually TTSA is NOT too much into the occultism/ufo school of thought. Its only Levenda.

Very accurate statement.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

I was referring to ufology overall regarding the occult and other interests not specifically TTSA.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If Levenda is involved, even as your correctly pointed out as an “advisor”, this still means that Luis Elizondo, Steve Justice, Hal Puthoff et al all know his history, research and stance on the topic and support it.
I don’t see how this isn’t the established narrative yet it seems obvious.
The books are the one of the most credible parts of the TTSA rollout to think that the whole team is not briefed and along with the vision is ludicrous!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deanbaker

Isn’t there a massive implication that your[sic] all missing?

Let’s just assume (hypothetically) that Tom Delong has been speaking truth for the past decade regarding this topic.
He spent all his spare time in Blink 182 reading every book on the phenomenon, made some assumptions and went looking for anyone in the know that could confirm his suspicions.
His suspicions being:

1. The ufo phenomenon is real and has large scale global implications.

2. The ufo phenomenon is actively involved in our development and there are governments and on this planet that know this and are working to combat it (despite senior members of the government condemning study of this topic as demonic).

3. The phenomenon is what ancient people called gods and humanity is a cargo cult.

Nope...Tom has said he is a "dumb rock star". I don't see any reason to disagree with his opinion of himself.

Ufology should be a simple scientific study of Unidentified Flying Objects. It is not a belief system or religion.

But, for some reason ufology gets polluted with this insanity. I mean who trying to resolve a UFO case gives a sh!t about Mysticism, Alchemy, Hermeticism .... etc as you listed? Unless you are trying to foster your own belief system on others? Which seems to happen all the time via Scientology, lunatic cults and even agents of the security services of the United States. This then transfers to individuals who lose a grasp on reality.

Unfortunately the results of promoting this toxic mental illness have resulted in death for people like those involved in the Heaven's Gate Cult over 20 years ago.

We have already seen what disclosure of alien life would be like. There was no cover up. It was just a false start.

But people forget it or don't even know about it.

edit on 16/1/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

My point was merely that many people have launched fabulous theories through the years, connecting things to other things without any evidence at all.

Let's take the "Cargo Cult" idea, that Levenda has posited in his book, if vaguely.

Cargo cults have been observed.
Humans have believed in gods throughout recorded history.
There is an unidentified phenomenon in our skies, and perhaps elsewhere.

Ergo.. all religions are cargo cults and the culprit is the phenomenon.

Well, okay, but where is the evidence for this huge logical leap?

If the author cannot provide any evidence, then we might as well conclude with just the same level of confidence that it was God that sendt the chariot to pick up Ezekiel. There is just as much evidence for that.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It doesn’t matter what ufology “should” be, it matters what ufology is.

From where I’m standing at over 10 years of looking at this topic, fairly new to the scene all things considered, I see a lot of people that treat ufology like their preferred taste in television. They like the shows they like and aren’t open to trying anything new.
It’s not a belief system, I feel we’re a little past that. I’m still a relatively young man and I believe I have found genuine benefits from studying esoteric, spiritual and occult topics. It has helped massively with self control, objectiveness, being non biased, assessing character in people all sorts of great insights that you can’t find picking apart the metadata for the Nimitz video or going through already declassified documents.

I’m at a loss for words honestly, who’d of thought it would be the ufologists themselves that are hindering the discussion.
edit on 16-1-2020 by deanbaker because: Changed who to who’s of though

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Are you a man of Science by chance?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If Levenda is involved, even as your correctly pointed out as an “advisor”, this still means that Luis Elizondo, Steve Justice, Hal Puthoff et al all know his history, research and stance on the topic and support it.

It's not a hive mind, it's a collection of individuals. So what?

"Tom DeLonge reached out to Skunk Works with interest in collaborating on a documentary focused on secret machines and advanced development projects. Multiple members of the Skunk Works team met with DeLonge to explore his vision for the documentary, as we would with any individual or organization interested in telling the story of Skunk Works and the technologies we’ve developed. We ultimately decided to not move forward with our participation in the documentary.

During this exploration period, DeLonge attended a Skunk Works employee event."
[...]
So, is Tom DeLonge a so-called 'useful idiot' in espionage parlance? Someone being used unwittingly via catering to their visions of grandeur and Hollywood tropes of cloak and dagger adventure. That would explain why his story of assembling his remarkable team seems to be a bit too convenient. Or is he shepherding in a new era that could end in fantastic realizations that could shake the very nature of our society and possibly even human consciousness? We are not capable of answering that question definitively at this time, but by Tom DeLonge's own repeated admissions, it seems that the government is, or at least was, a key and even managing partner in his now very high-profile endeavor. If this isn't actually the case, and Tom largely lied about how it all came to be, we really shouldn't be buying much of what he or To The Stars Academy are peddling anyway.

Tom DeLonge’s Origin Story For To The Stars Academy Describes A Government UFO Info Operation

May I ask why you keep glossing over the initial non-woo part of said vision?
edit on 16-1-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS:

The U.S. Naval Institute (a very serious academic institute) has a report on the Nimtz UAP encounter.
This is the story of the century!

"These #UAP sightings remain a mystery. The objects, sighted by credible witnesses and detected and recorded by sophisticated sensors, are so far beyond the frame of reference of contemporary science and technology..."

blog.usni.org...
edit on 16-1-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
BREAKING NEWS:

The U.S. Naval Institute (a very serious academic institute) has a report on the Nimtz UAP encounter.
This is the story of the century!

"These #UAP sightings remain a mystery. The objects, sighted by credible witnesses and detected and recorded by sophisticated sensors, are so far beyond the frame of reference of contemporary science and technology..."

blog.usni.org...
That's not a serious research paper, it's a blog post, basically re-telling the story again which we've heard many times before, so there's no new story here.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You know in reading that piece below that Publicoption posted and getting back to the basics of TTSAs reason for being, according to TDL, it may be very simply that TTSA is part of an ongoing US government propaganda effort to bolster the US military’s cred and also insinuate in the MSM and the US enemies that the US government has all kinds of secret and powerful technology.

www.thedrive.com...

TTSA is a drop in that propaganda bucket.

We have speculated whether it’s a new paradigm shift such as Ufology merging into occultism, or maybe another psyop to control ufology but perhaps it's just what TDL said it was: a propaganda effort to bolster the military.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Dear Arti...

I want you to elevate your thinking...ask yourself WHY are they retelling this story...... WHY won't this story go away....???!!!

Try to be more Meta when it comes to media consumption of the on going disclosure process...

Its not necessarily the message ...I find it fascinating HOW the message is unfolding.

Sidenote....

Why does Deanbaker remind of TDL.....??
Or in some way is affiliated with TTSA...my intuition rarely fails me.....

edit on 17-1-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Why does Deanbaker remind of TDL.....?? 
Or in some way is affiliated with TTSA...my intuition rarely fails me.....

I require more headache pills again.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Well as I sit here in my one bed roomed apartment I thought to myself if I am with TTSA they should be paying me more

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You all have valid points but I think a few are missing the point; there are multiple subjects going on here and perspectives that all have merit but seemed to be blurred somewhat, in my opinion. I will add, my own opinion is motivated by my own bias too; its part of being human.

Ufology - what is it?
To say that people are hindering it is a bit of a misnomer - defining ufology is difficult to start with. If it is the scientific observation and investigation into unknown things flying in the sky, that has its own problems. Data is so sparse; that its difficult to investigate based on such a lack of data. Information like eye witness testimony also has its own problems and isn't always reliable. Due to a lack of such data and what is available is unreliable many times; other fringe subjects do get dragged along for the ride as explanations and the waters are ultimately always muddied further.

A lack of data leads to more questions being asked, particularly when partial answers are stated that has no data to back up those answers. If anyone tells you, you are wrong or hindering progress for "asking questions" - I would question the company you keep, thats how cults start.

Opinion and belief systems often replace data, that is not really a surprise - its part of being human - BUT those giving those opinions are often championed and their "theories" are often accepted as fact; that can be quite dangerous - especially if those "champions" are motivated by their own beliefs and those beliefs have nefarious origins, motivations and goals attached. Lets not forget - science is also a belief system - and with little data - those that are followers of the scientific method - with a lack of data will still make a judgement on something.

With regards to the Occult (which is a trigger word in itself) many of those that have steered Ufology over the years - have either fringe fundamentalist views/ religious beliefs - but are championed because they are "in search of the truth" by those that believe them and demand "the truth / disclosure".

"Never meet your heroes" is an old saying; maybe people need to look at the beliefs of their "UFO Disclosure Heroes"; before deciding if they should be their heroes or not.

edit on p04547202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join