It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nimitz story in the former OMF forum

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400
However high strangeness events are caused, they seem to generated by people and match the cultural expectations of the time. I was wondering if in this case the military were experimenting in this area, although there are many more likely explanations.

I would guess the military were testing some high performance aerial platform against the Navy’s best people and weapons, but its performance wasn’t quite as described. Because the performance seems other worldy, the video leaks and so the disinformation campaign starts.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust

Yes, and we are still trying to locate him (detective work!). We have its real identity and are pretty confident that he had US contacts.

I actually just spent hours trying to track down any information about thefinaltheory/necroflesh/necroticflesh and cometa/cometa2. I guess you're a better internet sleuth than me, because I didn't find much!

My interest in this is that thefinaltheory mentioned another video that he had that wouldn't play because of codec problems, and he seemed to happily send this video to people. I just want to track down a copy of this video file. Maybe the German guy had a copy of it. If you know the German guy's name, then surely, in the worst case, you can find his address and write him an actual letter, right?

Does anyone have any leads on who might have a copy of the video file?

The reason I'm interested is that I'm pretty confident that given enough time, I could fix the corrupt video file and get something out of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: brainz
My interest in this is that thefinaltheory mentioned another video that he had that wouldn't play because of codec problems, and he seemed to happily send this video to people. I just want to track down a copy of this video file.

Apart from several versions of the video file (including a longer version), thefinaltheory also stated he had a Powerpoint presentation that hasn't been posted yet.

Maybe the German guy had a copy of it.

Maybe. That's why ElevenAugust, me and a few others have spent quite a bit of time looking for him...

Even if he had the other material, that person may not have retained it. Even if he still has it, he may not be willing to share. (Thefinaltheory and Cometa didn't share with me when I asked in February 2007, although my success rate in getting positive responses from people inside and outside the UFO community is now much higher than a decade ago...).

If you know the German guy's name, then surely, in the worst case, you can find his address and write him an actual letter, right?

Over the last few months, we've slowly obtained his name, place of birth, date of birth, photo and other information. But we still don't have any contact details for him. If you find that a bit frustrating, imagine how we feel about it.

edit on 28-6-2018 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: brainz

I am thefinaltheory. I was the one who originally obtained the video, the reports, and the powerpoint presentation. I did this personally. I then released it in 2006/2007 on ATS. Long before Tom Delonge ever knew about it. I was also the technician that was sitting on the GEEKS computer, intercepting the actual raw report of the UFO encounter. I'm a firm believer in disclosure, and I did what I thought at the time was the best choice for us all, as a human race. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

That's insane you guys have been looking for me. I've been living a rather normal life as a computer technician in NY. Cometa was a random member on ATS who chose to mirror the files for me incase my computer was struck down. (Which it was shortly after posting the information to the site). Necroflesh was my roomate at the time and I am still in contact with him and good friends with him.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFinalTheoryReturns
a reply to: brainz

I am thefinaltheory. I was the one who originally obtained the video, the reports, and the powerpoint presentation. I did this personally. I then released it in 2006/2007 on ATS. Long before Tom Delonge ever knew about it. I was also the technician that was sitting on the GEEKS computer, intercepting the actual raw report of the UFO encounter. I'm a firm believer in disclosure, and I did what I thought at the time was the best choice for us all, as a human race. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them.

2 questions, what do you think it was?

And, what's your opinion on how Delonge is selling this story?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFinalTheoryReturns

Did you do the MPEG encode, or was it already encoded?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I think Tom Delonge is a nobody he doesn't have anything to do with this. He wasn't actually there. People need to stop making him famous. Let's get that one out of the way.

People on this site, know that it was I who personally went to the carrier at like 3am , on a trolley, and a ferry at the time to go retrieve the data. The truth is there, its archived on this website in like 2006/2007 that is about a decade before it hit the news.

There was a gaping hole and weakness in the SIPRNET network at the time, the ADP officer had instructed me to put a CD/DVD burner in his SIPRNET machine. I didn't question it at the time, I just did it, (but knowing that it was highly against policy.) Later while visiting the aircraft carrier early in that morning, nobody was there and that's the moment I struck. How? By using his machine with the burner. I did all of this personally.

It was definitely a UFO, 100% real and definitely the vibes on the ship were that of danger, and of a threat. The military definitely didn't know exactly what it was and put everyone into battlestations. Most people around me in my office thought of it as a joke, and were laughing about it. I knew it was real.

The powerpoint at the time, had the mapping of the air field of where it was sighted. It had reports of the weather, and the wind and things that detailed where it physically happened.

There was a .doc with the actual report, I believe I posted that in the original thread, (there were 2 original threads).

There was also (two versions) of the video, one long and one short. One seemed a bit edited and chopped up, and one was a straight through running of the video.

Any more questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

-FinalTheory.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Whatever I posted at the time was how I obtained them from the network. They were never edited, or encoded by me, I also can confirm with you I didn't alter them in any way, not even the file names.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Thanks, I think you're going to be bombarded with questions

Out of curiosity, were you aware of vital data being confiscated by other parties?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Thanks for coming back to answer questions.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Thanks, I think you're going to be bombarded with questions

Out of curiosity, were you aware of vital data being confiscated by other parties?

I'm not aware of any other parties, or any other vital data being confiscated.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Thanks for coming back to answer questions.

Well, what can I say you are very welcome, honestly.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Was this the Russian fighter jet footage the guy was talking about? I thought that was debunked a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Necroflesh was my roomate at the time and I am still in contact with him and good friends with him.

You were very excitable and (if I may say so) arrogant back in 2007, but hey, everyone was much younger then! Looking back, I'd say it wasn't the video itself that caused almost immediate suspicion, rather your own attitude ( a crucial factor in any UFO story) - does that make you squirm a little with hindsight?

Also, did your roommate ask your permission to use your computer to create the two other ATS accounts in that thread? Because that's when it all started to get very messy and awkward, as you know.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

So, we have the other thread directing us to the Final theory and here we are with Final theory returns.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I have not read all of the following post yet.. but I am certain you all know that "theseer"
is Kevin Day right....and he will be feature on episode 2 of unidentified.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Necroflesh was my roomate at the time and I am still in contact with him and good friends with him.

You were very excitable and (if I may say so) arrogant back in 2007, but hey, everyone was much younger then! Looking back, I'd say it wasn't the video itself that caused almost immediate suspicion, rather your own attitude ( a crucial factor in any UFO story) - does that make you squirm a little with hindsight?

Also, did your roommate ask your permission to use your computer to create the two other ATS accounts in that thread? Because that's when it all started to get very messy and awkward, as you know.

Agreed, I was very young back then and to answer your question, yes.
My roomate, didn't own a computer and I had it set up in the apartment so that anyone could use it.
I believe he made his account, only after seeing me being bombarded with suspicion and people trying to debunk me, you must realize this was just a friend trying to help me out. He personally saw me go get this stuff.
As for your question, did I give him permission? He could use my computer at anytime, and I did know he was creating his own ATS account, 2 of them? Not sure about that one.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I think that before anything else we would need clarification that you are indeed the original "TheFinalTheory. Sorry to sound cynical, but I'm sure you can appreciate that anyone could register with a username similar and claim to be the original up-loader.

Is there anything you can provide that proves you are the original user? maybe some previous correspondence with the likes of Issac Koi that he can also corroborate.

Even the email address you would have used to register that the MODs maybe able to verify privately?

I am sure you will not be offended by asking for such proof, this subject is one in which claims are big and evidence lacking.

edit on p451116192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p511108192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

I think that before anything else we would need clarification that you are indeed the original "TheFinalTheory. Sorry to sound cynical, but I'm sure you can appreciate that anyone could register with a username similar and claim to be the original up-loader.

Is there anything you can provide that proves you are the original user? maybe some previous correspondence with the likes of Issac Koi that he can also corroborate.

Even the email address you would have used to register that the MODs maybe able to verify privately?

I am sure you will not be offended by asking for such proof, this subject is one in which claims are big and evidence lacking.

I'm going to reveal identity to IsaacKoi, and we can take it from there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join