It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is lacking political balance

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I must admit that I miss the one on One Debate threads. Not only did you get a chance to get to know the debators, you also had a real chance to read really well informed and well linked sources on opposite responses regarding many subjects.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think it's a direction the site has taken. It's a direction imposed to the people. I mean, I live in Canada, Quebec. We already have enough issues, just by the fact Quebec is the only french province in an english country, and with the history of division between the 2 groups. Yet, everyday, we get a sample of Trump in our media, which, except in wood and milk industries, doesn't have much weight.

Also, what they talk about, when talking about Trump, is nothing to do with wood or milk, but his silly tweets and other bullsh*t to discredit him and laugh at him, which is lame since it's supposed to be our prime source of information. Yet, they talk about things not related at all to our issues.

All this to say that the media impose us to talk about Trump and US politics, so it's not hard to believe and see this imposition gets echo everywhere, since people all around the world just get news about Trump's latest tweet, while completely ignoring useful info about his actions.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I suspect there is more of an issue with your worldview rather something being wrong with everyone else.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The problem with wackos...is that they're so wacko...they don't know they're wackos.

Then they usually go to Vegas last week to take out their frustrations, but I'm not that guy and neither are you.

Right? That's kind of a childish way of handling things... it's so far away.

When are you going to Atlantic City next, and I'll meet you there for drinks and "stuff", yea?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Djarums
Just to add, this thread was correctly moved into the BBQ forum because it is relevant to board business.

The lack of ability to "get stars" for your posts in the BBQ forum is not a factor and sadly for some, they're not worth anything so... who cares? Personal disclosure: I don't like the stars feature and would rather people actually post to explain why they agree with a statement. If it was up to me I'd remove the feature to begin with, but again that's my personal view, not TAN's view. (Yes, those can differ.)

No stars....?

That's right, just suck all the remaining pleasure left to us on this site. I live and die for my karma score!

I get no pleasure out of receiving a lot of stars.

But if I get a post with no stars, I've just earned myself a papercut in between my toes before I retire for the night.

Some days they add up and my socks are stuck to my feet when I wake up.

Anyways, I gotta have standards for myself.

Your Karma score is 5 points above mine but I have more stars. Dear God, what have I done to deserve this injustice?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Conspiracy time for real.

In 2015-6 the FAKE conspiracy sites like Alex Jones, Red ICE, the Rense site and many other sites including this one went whole hog political right-wing and some of those sites, not this one, added blatant racist dogma—Rense, Jones and Red ICE for instance.

Is this a coincidence?

I doubt it. These sites have been laying low, probably financed by the CIA or some deep right-wing group and were told to leave the conspiracy angle and go all alt right-wing and for some...absolute racist.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

ATS is lacking any kind of critical thinking or reasoning skills. It's like watching two groups of people trapped in bubbles yelling at the the other bubble telling them they're in a bubble.
edit on 26/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Just to add, this thread was correctly moved into the BBQ forum because it is relevant to board business.

The lack of ability to "get stars" for your posts in the BBQ forum is not a factor and sadly for some, they're not worth anything so... who cares? Personal disclosure: I don't like the stars feature and would rather people actually post to explain why they agree with a statement. If it was up to me I'd remove the feature to begin with, but again that's my personal view, not TAN's view. (Yes, those can differ.)

No stars....?

That's right, just suck all the remaining pleasure left to us on this site. I live and die for my karma score!

But if I get a post with no stars, I've just earned myself a papercut in between my toes before I retire for the night.

Your Karma score is 5 points above mine but I have more stars. Dear God, what have I done to deserve this injustice?

I know, that is pretty messed up considering half the time I'm barely coherent.

Do the toes thing later, it will help, I promise.

Just remember, black socks, or the papercuts will ruin them.

Or you can go no socks, but then you have to wash the blood out of your sheets, and if you have any overnight guests, it can really be the source of some confusion, and the catalyst for awkward conversation.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I remember reading some 2012 threads and people who kept posting false info would be called out and shown the exact facts on both sides of the situation by moderators. I thought that what moderators job was besides to enforce rules. It seems to be in most debate forums anyhow. To do otherwise is allowing to spread of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Right? That's kind of a childish way of handling things... it's so far away.

Work buys, I fly.

When are you going to Atlantic City next, and I'll meet you there for drinks and "stuff", yea?

I avoid that ess hole like the plague, if you come up to North Jersey the beer and chopped up hookers are on me.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Let me just say that even if there is a political imbalance, I do welcome any who disagree with me here. Sorry we can be a little harsh but the emotions can flare up. I would hope that you can understand this as an arena of ideas and accept all confrontations. Anything that violates ToS will be mopped up. Just tag along with us, we don't have to be friends.

Keep in mind we need each others bad ideas as much as the good ones. The world isn't black and white and we don't want to kill each other... so there is that. Let's verbally rumble!
edit on 26-2-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Or you can go no socks, but then you have to wash the blood out of your sheets, and if you have any overnight guests, it can really be the source of some confusion, and the catalyst for awkward conversation.

Actually my stigmata creates enough awkward moments to last me a lifetime, but I like the paper cuts between the toes to round out my masochistic leaning. Know any good Dmatrix types? lately I'm been naughty...
edit on 26-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No stars....?

If stars meant anything, my head would've exploded by now.

But saying stars are completely meaningless isn't true either. Getting no stars does indeed suck, and anyone who says they don't want stars is lying. It's in our DNA to want to resonate with others.

I think for me, just knowing that people actually stop to read what I write gives me extra incentive to be more thoughtful with my responses.

Stars are just a quick dopamine fix that doesn't last very long.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I suspect there is more of an issue with your worldview rather something being wrong with everyone else.

Well that seems an inappropriate response. Did you read the whole OP or even look up the OPs posting history to be given this suspicion? It seems they are simply seeking to have an intelligent debate irregardless if they agree or disagree with others. If that is an view lost on the larger world...we may be hopeless indeed.

Edit add: For example: I can logically 'suspect' that you read as far as the part that the OP mentioned posters using the word DIms as an insult. Since your posting history shows you did this recently in another thread...you became triggered. I see no logic in you arriving at your suspicion above. If there is one...please explain logically.
edit on 2 26 2019 by CynConcepts because: Family interruption came back to edit add unfinished thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The pendulum hasn't drasticly swung on Ats. The pendulum on the left has swung dramatically farther to the left.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I avoid that ess hole like the plague, if you come up to North Jersey the beer and chopped up hookers are on me.

Damnit, I'm a B rate friend.

I know all the good ones get bourbon and non chopped up

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Well, my world view comes from traveling the world and seeing 48 countries and countless different cultures. It comes from visiting every state in the U.S. except for Vermont, Alaska and Hawaii. Not just passing thru, mind you, but actually visiting and meeting people and interacting with their society. It comes from 5 deployments into absolute hell holes. It comes to completing an Associates Degree in Health Sciences, a Bachelors degree in Sports Management, and soon to be a Master's degree in Entrepreneurship.

It comes from being born in California, raised in Wyoming, living in Texas, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, Colorado and Ohio. It comes from being a husband, a father, son/brother/blah blah blah. It comes from volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, and organization called "Shoes for the Shoeless", and being an active member in my community to whatever capacity I can.

I'd like to think I'm an educated, rational, logically minded person with a well rounded global perspective that's been developed with my own eyes and ears and boots on the ground. But, I know I'm not the smartest, I'm not the most well-traveled, I'm not the most logical, I'm not the most of anything...I always try to remain humble. I'm pretty confident my world view is in a good place.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

11/10 post.

And yes. haha.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No stars....?

His star to post & flag to thread count is higher than yours.

You could always easily turn it around, simply by becoming a born again Trump minion... you'll have a 170 karma score in no time.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

as a often called lefty (i still don't know what it means) i never felt bullied here on ats. its the internet. its easy to be rude. so it doesn't mean anything. its a fascinating platform for everything beyond. but where are the top secrets?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join