It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is lacking political balance

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior
Oh, and TheRedneck's avatars have zero bearing on the fairness of his moderating policies. He's been one of those that goes out of his way to separate his red moderator pen from the rest of the drawer.

It's not referencing TheRedneck. It's referencing me. Redneck hasn't ever used the Confederate flag in an avatar to my recollection...

I hope whoever wrote that wiki was shaking their fists in anger and barely able to control their rage. Otherwise, meh. ATS hasn't changed since I got here. Heard/read this same crap, only on the reverse during Bush's last year and Obama's first two years "ATS is a left wing site" yadda, yadda, yadda. It was bullsnip then, and it's bullsnip now. It's a user generated content site. If you're displeased with the present content, get off your ass and post something compelling. Otherwise, it's similar to any other petulant child who tantrums for something because they're too lazy to do the work required to obtain it for themselves.
edit on 26-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
It wouldn't be hyperbole to say the left attracts the low IQ and mentally-weak to their party.

This isn't meant to be an insult, but rather an observable fact.

That you can’t prove....

You guys prove it for me everyday.

But I'll at least give you credit for somewhat evolving from what you once were.

So you actually believe that because you hold a different political ideology to me that automatically makes you intellectually superior?

You don’t see how the arrogance of that could be seen as offensive?

Let alone that there is zero evidence to support it

It has absolutely nothing to do with having a different opinion.

But you really are just proving my point, because you'd have to not suffer from those things I mentioned to fully comprehend what I'm saying.

link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod
a reply to: Assassin82

The problem I have with some recent posts isn't its political leaning, but the way people present it. I kind of get piss off when a thread has the same title than the tabloid article the poster got the info from, copying the said article without really bringing anything new to it, nor getting other sources/claims. Just putting a video, saying: "I found this today". And then, the usual MSM bashing (I mean, we got it, we know mass media are propaganda, it's been a longtime since people know that), same thing can be said about available videos on the net. How many popular youtubers got a check, with a letter saying:" good job, continue to get attention, here's your pay".

Yeah, if a title of a thread reads the same as it does or would in a tabloid, I typically won't even click on it. If I wanted that, I'd go to the source.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Because Trump is an outsider thats gone up against the political establishment that's infested federal LEO and both parties.

But they really don't care about the reality that brought us to this particular day and time.
edit on 26-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

ATS lacking balance?

Are there supposed to be quotas here?
Is participation open to all and still voluntary?

The Left are NOT victims here...unless they choose to be.

And that kind of sums up the left these days. If the left aren't a victim, what are they?

How many issues do the left support that are not about being a victim?

link   

Conspiracy forum. Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Did you edit the wiki page before creating this thread?

Of course not. I wouldn't even know how to do that, nor am I interested in doing that. I found the edit interesting though. I don't know who did it, but there seemed almost a little personal.

link   
a reply to: Rokal

I saw it as complete snip as usual.

But whatever.
edit on 26-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: latic

Wow.... he puts words in my mouth and you tell him how dead on he is.... and I have no idea who you even are.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Having fun?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Why is this in board business?

You can always do a "referral" in the mudpit 😎

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Then I apology for missing the point. Don't worry, I'm perfectly calm, I'm not in for politics really. I preach anarchy personally, and I kind of find it ridiculous that people trust any of these guys who are where they are to control. It's my opinion, maybe I'm just a pessimist?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

Then I apology for missing the point. Don't worry, I'm perfectly calm, I'm not in for politics really. I preach anarchy personally, and I kind of find it ridiculous that people trust any of these guys who are where they are to control. It's my opinion, maybe I'm just a pessimist?

Realist, you're a realist.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I'm sure I'm too stupid to know.... Thats why I am still here.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rokal

It is so easy to manipulate that it is quite embarrassing.

Manipulate to what point? We see a radical left in so many areas most of us just sit back eating popcorn watching it like a B horror movie as the left eats themselves alive. As to abortions, that has been the dead horse kicked by the left for the last 45 years. In every election it is one of the top talking points, " the right will take your right to choose away!!" It has been a main stream battle cry for the left. Anything new from the right is all about late term/partial birth abortions, so not sure your point there. As to Orange Man Bad, I guess one day if the left actually believes he is their President we can start from there, its been two years, maybe one day you all can get off of step one in your grief.

Here is the grief model we call the 7 Stages of Grief:
1.SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Dead on ?

Liberals have education,film,and television, facebook,Twitter, and a list of other platforms.

Anyone crying about ATS is ignoring a hell of a lot.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel
If the left aren't a victim, what are they?

How many issues do the left support that are not about being a victim?

Those are some really powerful questions.

In principle, there are plenty of issues where the victim mentality doesn't apply. Since it IS a mentality though, it will affect an infected individual in every single aspect of their lives. Up to, and including, thinking various social groups are joining the enemy ranks.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

A few members strongly on the left got the Conservatives on the defense and they are not going to let the far left get ahold of this site again. If you look back, originally the left was bashing the Republicans badly, this caused many people to side with the conservative agenda, it is actually lots of the moderate conservatives here that are protecting the right by uncovering the left's twisted information.

So blame this on the hard lefts on the site, they fired this thing up. There does not need to be a balance, ATS is about uncovering the real reality, not just the left's version of it.

I support the president of the United states no matter which party. I supported Obama until the last few months when he pushed some crappy last minute stuff through. I even supported the Obamacare until I found out all the corruption in it's creation which was close to the end of his term in office. I actually trusted Obama too much, I still respect him as a past president, he may not have known how much Obamacare was going to be abused by the medical and Pharma industry and he did not realize the high deductibles were unafordable by many of the people who barely make a living wage. I know lots of people with Obamacare and they seem to have lots of medical bills if they have problems that occur. That high deductible is not appropriate, seven grand is a lot of money for someone barely making it.

I'm not trying to blame this on any one person. And I mentioned that it's not unique to ATS, this is conversational blockade in America is everywhere. But the so called "facts" that are being used to stimulate the conversation are blatantly biased and rarely factual. I hated that Obama was elected President, but I never rooted for him to do poorly. I wanted above all, what was best for American citizens. I consider myself an independent, maybe even a libertarian or a centrist. I didn't vote for Trump, but I have never rooted for him to do poorly. I see through the media's B.S....most of what they put out there really is fake news. But most of the pro-trump media is also fake news. That's...where I wish we could do more research and find the truth of any given topic. Instead of hating one side or the other, and instead of reposting tabloid journalism and calling it the gospel...I wish we would have meaningful dialogue to discuss whatever topic it is. Instead, we call each other Trumptards and libtards.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: JinMI

Then why are you here?

I am here to see what stupid little social issue triggers the right. I mean, C'mon it is funny to watch the right go ballistic over something stupid. I am also intrigued on how easy it is to manipulate the right, it is something that fascinates me.

Do you lack the ability or integrity to form an argument or debunk what you believe to be false?

Of course I do try to debunk their stories and 99 percent of the time it is easy if you do a little search but every now and then they switch up the game and use a story based in facts. It is not hard to debunk conservatives sources if you take 5 minutes to search for the truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Instead, it's meant to demonstrate how far the pendulum has swung to the right in political topics here on ATS

Yeah lets make ATS like every single other social medial platform: resoundingly liberal

is it upsetting to you to come outside the echo chambers of social media and read words your disagree with?

Yeah, sorry...maybe you didn't read the OP all the way through, or maybe you missed a couple of the main points.

Just because people disagree, doesn't mean they can't have civil discourse. That civil discourse doesn't exist here, as noted in your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join