It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is lacking political balance

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Ahabstar

Because Trump is an outsider thats gone up against the political establishment that's infested federal LEO and both parties.

But they really don't care about the reality that brought us to this particular day and time.

That's a very common myth, and it's ridiculous at best.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

Sun Tzu

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I think its less of a move to the right, and more of a move away from the crapshow that is the popular left.

I'd even say that I have been seeing this in many different areas across the internet and in the pockets of society I know.

I can only hope that continues..

But, I suspect that as the general population moves to less.. radical perspectives.. that those remaining firm will start to coalesce into a new religion. Its already well on its way.

Yes, I think you're right. The religious tendencies upon which the new left operates is glaringly obvious. Just watch the Oscars, and you can watch as celebrities essentially start declaring themselves the high-priests of this new religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The only time.
Are you trying to cause problems here?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What a long spread for a double post
edit on 26-2-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Except I am not MSM am I? Nope... and I have a heart and no desire to hurt anyones feelings.
So I apologized...

link   
I agree. I've pretty much given up on actual politics. It is disturbing to see the people here (of all places) being pro-Trump. And that's not because I think Trump is worse than any other politician or public figure. I don't. I think they're all the same and this whole circus is manufactured as a smokescreen to keep people bickering and not thinking. Places like ATS were supposed to be an alternative to that locked in partisanship.

link   
a reply to: Djarums

As I said regarding the wiki link, I know wiki isn't a trustworthy resource. But with some of the other "sources" members site on here...it's just as relevant as others.

I didn't try to insult the mods...in fact I tried to give them a fair shake in my thread. If I could make a recommendation...get rid of the MudPit. That's where most of the posts are coming from these days. But, it's an easy way out of moderating dialogue. And it's an easy place for people to go rant and rave about whatever bogus nonsense they want, which only perpetuates the lost dialogue here on ATS.

I hate to hear that you guys actually receive death threats. That's terrible and I feel bad for you. But I never aimed any of the OP at Moderator inaction. I do wish the owners would be a little more engaging. What happened to original content? What happened to AMA's? Weren't we supposed to get one with Bob Lazar? On paper it seems that the only time we see them is when a documentary is being released. I don't read every thread, so I could easily be wrong....but it sure doesn't feel that way.

Also, most of what I wrote was in direct reflection of the content provided by the other users. I understand that it's user generated content. That content is what's making it difficult to keep coming back here. Even with this rationally minded OP, I'm being called a snowflake liberal when I'm anything but. That's an example of what many resort to in their conversations and that's what I'm hoping to perhaps encourage against.

But hey...I'm glad you had a great fortune cookie with some sound advice. I hope that advice does you well.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The only time.

Compare posting history?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I never lied about my party affililation. THIS is the big lie you keep referring to????

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The only time.

Compare posting history?

and that is where the rubber hits the road now isn't it?
post history search is a beautiful thing,
really gets to the truth of the matter

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I think there could be ways to change things but I doubt they will ever happen, I have made several suggestions in the past and nobodies ever taken me up on it.

For example what about removing stars and flags form the Mud-pit, what about creating a New "Mods choice" of threads that get pinned to the front page that are not entirely political but rather exploring other conspiracies, creating new forums (still no UK Political-Madness forum!) the list could go on.

I think its clear that the current direction of the site is starting to put people off.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
Just to add, this thread was correctly moved into the BBQ forum because it is relevant to board business.

The lack of ability to "get stars" for your posts in the BBQ forum is not a factor and sadly for some, they're not worth anything so... who cares? Personal disclosure: I don't like the stars feature and would rather people actually post to explain why they agree with a statement. If it was up to me I'd remove the feature to begin with, but again that's my personal view, not TAN's view. (Yes, those can differ.)

No stars....?

That's right, just suck out all the remaining pleasure left to us on this site. I live and die for my karma score!
edit on 26-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I like that this place has a lot of pro Trump people, first place I've found, everywhere else is so anti it's sickening.
Saying Trump is far right is just plain wrong, from the time he announced his campaign until the present the far left has tried to paint him in that light while at the beginning of the primaries the Republicans were all complaining he was too far left. Now the majority of Republicans tolerate him but do not support him.
The fact is he is a centrist, which confuses people because we haven't seen on of those in ages.
People calling him a Washington insider are delusional, envisioning some kind of six dimensional psyop where every section of every level and branch of establishment tried to tear him down to..... What?... Garner the support of the masses?
Stupidest thing I ever heard.
This is the first time in the lifetime of anyone anywhere that this country has seen a leader that wasn't in the pocket of the elite.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

and most are trump supporters....

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Djarums
Just to add, this thread was correctly moved into the BBQ forum because it is relevant to board business.

The lack of ability to "get stars" for your posts in the BBQ forum is not a factor and sadly for some, they're not worth anything so... who cares? Personal disclosure: I don't like the stars feature and would rather people actually post to explain why they agree with a statement. If it was up to me I'd remove the feature to begin with, but again that's my personal view, not TAN's view. (Yes, those can differ.)

No stars....?

That's right, just suck all the remaining pleasure left to us on this site. I live and die for my karma score!

I get no pleasure out of receiving a lot of stars.

But if I get a post with no stars, I've just earned myself a papercut in between my toes before I retire for the night.

Some days they add up and my socks are stuck to my feet when I wake up.

Anyways, I gotta have standards for myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Leftists haven't been able to defend their ideas. They aren't leaving because ATS somehow became a rightwing site. The left completely departed from logic, reasoning, science, and basic human decency.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Lefties can't even handle seeing a red MAGA hate in public with physical violence and frothing at the mouth.

What makes you think they could handle discussing political policies on a message board?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Leftists haven't been able to defend their ideas. They aren't leaving because ATS somehow became a rightwing site. The left completely departed from logic, reasoning, science, and basic human decency.

^^^^^^

Attitudes like this are part of the problem.

You might not like it but let me tell you right now as a "leftist" member what puts me off is exactly because of how rightwing this place is at times it got nothing to do with me departing form logic, reasoning, science or basic human decency.

I really do think we all basically just need to be nicer to each other.

link   
I think your off base

the 'Left', Uber Left as it were.... were never the first-in-line to join a clash...

so they are just remaining silent and 'ducking-for-cover' &/or 'nipping at your heels''...
they already had their 8 year hey-day with BHO (Barry) at the helm.

… And Our Ship-of-State needs but 6 more productive years to Right Itself
from the organized dismantling that took place under the 'Transformative'
BHO administrations (intent on installing mischief & chaos)
edit on th28155121197426122019 by St Udio because: tidy up some

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The problem with wackos...is that they're so wacko...they don't know they're wackos.

Then they usually go to Vegas last week to take out their frustrations, but I'm not that guy and neither are you.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join